Travis

Re: Did you all get this e-mail?
harry potter
harry potter Posted Fri 08 Jun, 2007 7:39 PM Quote
Sunny wrote:
harry potter wrote:

lol doubtful. so that's stopping an industrious young man/woman from enlisting their family and friends - click, click, bin, travis goodies!

Yeaaah. They really haven't thought this through, have they?

*nods*

but then again this isn't just for travis this is for the whole indpeneueoeenedte stable of artistes.

Sunny
Sunny Posted Fri 08 Jun, 2007 7:42 PM Quote
harry potter wrote:

*nods*

but then again this isn't just for travis this is for the whole indpeneueoeenedte stable of artistes.

Not what the email says. They want us to become a part of 'The Team With No Name’.

Err ... I guess that could either be a 'Travis' team, or they really can't think of a general name yet *ponders*

harry potter
harry potter Posted Fri 08 Jun, 2007 7:44 PM Quote
Sunny wrote:
harry potter wrote:

*nods*

Not what the email says. They want us to become a part of 'The Team With No Name’.

Err ... I guess that could either be a 'Travis' team, or they really can't think of a general name yet *ponders*

hmmmm...i suppose they've sent customized emails to the official msgboards of their roster and as such each band has an assigned "street team" maybe? we should get some trav goodies for the amount of time we're spending analyzing this thing lol.

Sunny
Sunny Posted Fri 08 Jun, 2007 7:49 PM Quote
harry potter wrote:
Sunny wrote:
harry potter wrote:

*nods*

hmmmm...i suppose they've sent customized emails to the official msgboards of their roster and as such each band has an assigned "street team" maybe? we should get some trav goodies for the amount of time we're spending analyzing this thing lol.

Who knows what's running through their heads at the moment ...

harry potter
harry potter Posted Fri 08 Jun, 2007 7:51 PM Quote
Sunny wrote:
harry potter wrote:
Sunny wrote:
harry potter wrote:

*nods*

Who knows what's running through their heads at the moment ...

i want some "Selfish Jean" customized Jaffa Cakes, pics of the band on the top of each cookie nummy.

Sunny
Sunny Posted Fri 08 Jun, 2007 7:55 PM Quote
harry potter wrote:

i want some "Selfish Jean" customized Jaffa Cakes, pics of the band on the top of each cookie nummy.

I will forward your request to this street teamy chump ...

Sara Anna
Sara Anna Posted Fri 08 Jun, 2007 9:23 PM Quote
I most certainly did not as I cancelled myself from the mailing list as I got fed up with getting their corporate emails telling me I had to buy the single in a trillion different formats!
So what are they desparate, that they have to do that to get new fans, no don't tell me it's the greedy record company, obviously they're not making enough money. Makes me laugh, you have to be passionate and driven, well I'm sorry to say that isn't appreciated from a fan in my experience. To the person concerned, you can stick your promo job where the sun most certainly doesn't shine, you know who you are!

Sara Anna
Sara Anna Posted Fri 08 Jun, 2007 10:02 PM Quote
Sunny wrote:
Rodders wrote:
I got my email of acceptance today. It does sound like it'll mainly just be going to gigs of smaller bands and handing free stuff out. Not sure I can be bothered with that to be honest. On the flip side you get a free Selfish Jean t shirt before you've even done anything :P

I'll think about it

This acceptance email is very strange.

Firstly they're asking you to email your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions, which is all well and good, but then there's this: Once we have got your details we’ll send you information on the first task
Er, hello? Am I being ordered to do this or something? What if it's physically impossible for me to get to a gig/hand out leaflets etc.
Especially as they say: We want the team to be comprised of wholly committed fans around the UK. So, to show your commitment, it’s really important that you keep to the deadlines. That way we know you’re serious!
I'm sorry but I may be dying or something that day, would they drag me off my death bed to attend a gig? It sounds like you get dropped automatically if you don't carry out their wishes. Nice, eh?
Maybe it's just how they've worded it, but it sounds as if you'll have little choice in the matter .. I could be wrong, of course ..

Then How do teams work?
We will pass your email on to other team members in your local area so you can create your own regional division

Not without my fooking say so you won't.

Sounds very rushed to me.

The Travis UK tour is nearly over apart from a few forest gigs so sounds like they're using them as a carrot on a stick, it's an influence marketing ploy thinking you'll be working for Travis but actually you'll be working for the smaller new bands. So you work your asses off for what, a free T shirt, very clever but no thanks, these record companys make a mint, if i'm promoting a band to make them money, I want the appropriate wage to go with it!
I always thought Travis were anti corporate and against all this, I guess they have no choice in the matter.

HAL
HAL Posted Sat 09 Jun, 2007 12:04 AM Quote
Too rite!! Make it a free ticket to the forest gig and I will think about it. Not into handing out any flyers that will eventually end up in a bin somewhere just creating more waste. It's gonna take a bit more that a Team with no name to recruit new travis fans im afraid.

Sunny
Sunny Posted Sun 10 Jun, 2007 1:40 PM Quote
Sara Anna wrote:
I most certainly did not as I cancelled myself from the mailing list as I got fed up with getting their corporate emails telling me I had to buy the single in a trillion different formats!
So what are they desparate, that they have to do that to get new fans, no don't tell me it's the greedy record company, obviously they're not making enough money. Makes me laugh, you have to be passionate and driven, well I'm sorry to say that isn't appreciated from a fan in my experience. To the person concerned, you can stick your promo job where the sun most certainly doesn't shine, you know who you are!

Don't hold back there, Sarah ;-)

paul_c
paul_c Posted Sun 10 Jun, 2007 1:42 PM Quote
Sara Anna wrote:

Jesus, steady on there girl! lol

Sara Anna
Sara Anna Posted Sun 10 Jun, 2007 5:58 PM Quote
HAL wrote:
Too rite!! Make it a free ticket to the forest gig and I will think about it. Not into handing out any flyers that will eventually end up in a bin somewhere just creating more waste. It's gonna take a bit more that a Team with no name to recruit new travis fans im afraid.

Going rate for PR otherwise it's slave labour, very bad for the environment too giving out all those flyers, I want to see an Eco friendly Travis and I just don't mean playing in forests!

Sunny
Sunny Posted Sun 10 Jun, 2007 6:02 PM Quote
Sara Anna wrote:

Going rate for PR otherwise it's slave labour, very bad for the environment too giving out all those flyers, I want to see an Eco friendly Travis and I just don't mean playing in forests!

I'd much rather they donate the money they might be spending on PR (seeing as they hardly need the PR) to a worthy cause. Darfur, perhaps?

But I guess that doesn't make money for the company ...

Sara Anna
Sara Anna Posted Sun 10 Jun, 2007 6:05 PM Quote
Sunny wrote:
Sara Anna wrote:

Don't hold back there, Sarah ;-)

Ha ha, thanks for the advice Miss Sunny, knew you would understand ;-)

Sara Anna
Sara Anna Posted Sun 10 Jun, 2007 6:12 PM Quote
paul_c wrote:
Sara Anna wrote:

Jesus, steady on there girl! lol

Ha ha, It's ok, just venting some spleen, though they're not worth the effort, a mere pimple on the anus of insignificance in fact! Anyway you vent alot of spleen when you're a union officer and spend alot of your time getting on your soapbox and going to rallys, lol.

Pages Previous 1 2 [3] 4 Next All Times BST Current Time 8:25 PM