Travis

Hello I'm new
thehitcher
thehitcher Posted Tue 05 Aug, 2008 11:31 PM Quote
Hello everyone, I'm new to the forum just signed up to the board today. I've been a fan since The Man Who came out and I've finally got round to joining the forum. Better late than never I guess hehe. Baz

Re: Hello I'm new
BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Tue 05 Aug, 2008 11:36 PM Quote
Hello! Welcome! Good time to join. It's very exciting at the moment. :)

thehitcher
thehitcher Posted Tue 05 Aug, 2008 11:39 PM Quote
hey thanks for welcoming me, nice to meet you! Can't wait for this new album.

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Tue 05 Aug, 2008 11:47 PM Quote
Read any of the blogs? Heard any of the songs? We've now heard 4 album versions now. J Smith, Get Up, Song To Self and the single Something Anything.

thehitcher
thehitcher Posted Tue 05 Aug, 2008 11:49 PM Quote
yeah i've been keeping an eye on the band blogs really interesting reading them. I've heard some of the bootlegs but not heard the studio version of Song To Self or Something Anything. I got a J.Smith 10" vinyl and Get Up and Sarah are absolutely amazing. Does anybody know what the tracklisting is yet? I can't find it anywhere

Bryn
Bryn Posted Tue 05 Aug, 2008 11:49 PM Quote
Hi, welcome!

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Tue 05 Aug, 2008 11:52 PM Quote
thehitcher wrote:
yeah i've been keeping an eye on the band blogs really interesting reading them. I've heard some of the bootlegs but not heard the studio version of Song For Self or Something Anything. I got a J.Smith 10" vinyl and Get Up and Sarah are absolutely amazing. Does anybody know what the tracklisting is yet? I can't find it anywhere

Just as the blogs say.

Chinese Blues
J Smith
Something Anything
Long Way Down
Broken Mirror
Friends
Get Up
Quite Free
Last Words
Song To Self
Before You Were Young.

We can say it's that about 97% sure.

Oh and check out the Something Anything thread to listen to it.

Bryn
Bryn Posted Tue 05 Aug, 2008 11:53 PM Quote
Bryn wrote:
Hi, welcome!

I'm really new too, so maybe I shouldn't do the "welcoming", but nice to meet you:)

thehitcher
thehitcher Posted Tue 05 Aug, 2008 11:54 PM Quote
Bryn wrote:
Bryn wrote:
Hi, welcome!

I'm really new too, so maybe I shouldn't do the "welcoming", but nice to meet you:)

hello nice to meet you too, thanks for the welcome :-)

thehitcher
thehitcher Posted Tue 05 Aug, 2008 11:56 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
thehitcher wrote:
yeah i've been keeping an eye on the band blogs really interesting reading them. I've heard some of the bootlegs but not heard the studio version of Song For Self or Something Anything. I got a J.Smith 10" vinyl and Get Up and Sarah are absolutely amazing. Does anybody know what the tracklisting is yet? I can't find it anywhere

Just as the blogs say.

Chinese Blues
J Smith
Something Anything
Long Way Down
Broken Mirror
Friends
Get Up
Quite Free
Last Words
Song To Self
Before You Were Young.

We can say it's that about 97% sure.

Oh and check out the Something Anything thread to listen to it.

I'm made up Get Up is on the album. That's a great song, I wasn't sure whether it would with it being a B side on the J. Smith 10". From what I've heard from the bootlegs Something Anything sounds amazing great choice for a single. can't wait to hear the studio version :-)

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Tue 05 Aug, 2008 11:58 PM Quote
Well, it hasn't been officially said since the blogs but i think we can safely say that it hasn't changed, but we can't say for sure. Check the Something Anything thread towards the top of the page and click on the radio 2 link and the listen again thing to hear it. We don't have a rip yet unfortunately.

thehitcher
thehitcher Posted Wed 06 Aug, 2008 12:02 AM Quote
^ ^ thanks I'm gonna go listen now. Just seen you went to the Parr Hall gig. I went too was a great night :-) you got tickets for the September tour? I'm going to the Liverpool gig on the 29th, would be cool if they did an album signing in the HMV in Liverpool as it's the same day as the album comes out.

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Wed 06 Aug, 2008 12:04 AM Quote
It was great! :) Yes, i should be going to the Wolverhampton gig. :) That is the 30th!

It's immense so enjoy! Heaviest Travis song ever!

thehitcher
thehitcher Posted Wed 06 Aug, 2008 12:28 AM Quote
just heard it now that just blew my socks off, loved it! I've ripped it aswell you think Travis would mind if I uploaded it? I know they visit the board.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Wed 06 Aug, 2008 12:34 AM Quote
Welcome!

Pages [1] 2 3 4 5 Next All Times UTC Current Time 7:08 PM