Travis

Re: Ode To J. Smith - the new album
TheInvisibleBoy
TheInvisibleBoy Posted Thu 04 Sep, 2008 4:18 PM Quote
yuriblury wrote:
i have to say this:

I just got my copy of J. Smith ep..... it took 2 months, i was so happy that when my sister told me the news through an e-mail i was at work and i screamed so loud! that everybody looked at me like if i was crazy or something

i thought that the copy was lost but now is finally with me.

that is what i wanted to say thx

Hey Yuri I'm glad it's finally arrived for you and I hope you're enjoying listening to it, I'm sure you are lol =]

Ursina
Ursina Posted Tue 09 Sep, 2008 11:12 AM Quote
It's ordered ! can't wait !! yay !

RaZzZ
RaZzZ Posted Sat 13 Sep, 2008 7:16 AM Quote
i bought both CD and vinyl with Something anything combo...

This album is amazing!

luchodg
luchodg Posted Mon 29 Sep, 2008 4:17 AM Quote
Oh my god! What a f*cking amazing album!!!

I love it!

If someone thought that Travis were lost, with this work prove that they are completely in the right place!

sputnik_sweetheart
sputnik_sweetheart Posted Mon 29 Sep, 2008 5:04 AM Quote
I got It!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LunitaMc
LunitaMc Posted Mon 29 Sep, 2008 6:06 PM Quote
Wowww!! =D
can't wait!!

nuriko_insane
nuriko_insane Posted Mon 29 Sep, 2008 8:53 PM Quote
I'd like to ask to the Web Team if you have any idea aout the release of Ode T J. Smith in Argentina.

Thanks a lot (because I can't wait...)

Be happy .n_n

OHMEATPIES
OHMEATPIES Posted Mon 29 Sep, 2008 9:21 PM Quote
Aww, looked at bit on the net and there's no date announced for Canada yet. Mmm. If someone is able to know when it's gonna be instore, please tell me.

peno
peno Posted Mon 29 Sep, 2008 11:29 PM Quote
I got the new album today in shape of a note from the postman cause I wasn´t home a dilivery. Pick it up tommorrow, so I loaded the album from iTunes..kinda supporting the band...:-))) It´s just awsome this new album, so I wrote my review at iTunesstore and here it is.

Year..play loud man

“Year...play it loud man” Fran agreed with me this summer in a nice conversation about the single J.Smith after the great Travis-gig in Montreux Jazz Festival. And I do so fifth time on this day of release of the new Travis album Ode to J. Smith..play it very loud. Really a great relief to load the album for the first time, listen, dance and enjoy. At enjoy I do very much this Travis-album, maybe best ever from this awesome band. Lovely to enjoy the new album in its real context after attempted the rehearsal show in Portsmouth in February and a few other Travis-gigs were the band introduced new the songs with strength and modesty.
Modesty absolutely not needed here presenting this very complete and very dynamic album, which you as a real Travis fan for sure feel dedicated to fans and audience. Here is so much energy and great nerve in these 12 lovely travissongs, that makes it very difficult point favourite songs. With a gun in to my head I might say Last Words, Friends and J.Smith, but something anything is quite free for sarah to get up for a chinese blues a long way down from broken mirrors before you were young enough to sing song to self. Thank Travis and well done guys for this awesome Ode to J. Smith figures as one favourite song with 12 verse. I´ll play it loud, enjoy and let the world now here is the album of the year.

BlueMeanie
BlueMeanie Posted Wed 01 Oct, 2008 5:00 PM Quote
:( Sucks to be in the US for more than just the economy today... No new Travis album. Can't buy it at 7digital cos I'm not in the UK. Can't buy a digital download from travisonline.com because it's not available. I really wish record companies would join us in the Present and embrace technology.

All this "delayed" release in other countries does is tick off the fans who have no access to the new music. And they wonder what causes illegal downloads? The record companies cause it themselves. I know this isn't any band member's fault, after all.

Love the singles, though, and looking forward to the album sometime in the near-ish future. Ho-hum in the meantime.

abigail11
abigail11 Posted Wed 01 Oct, 2008 11:05 PM Quote
It has been round in my car about a billion times already - absolutely amazing. If anyone gets in they have to shut up till we get out haha.

Wow :)

morag_h
morag_h Posted Thu 02 Oct, 2008 10:13 PM Quote
Couldn't buy the album on Monday...was skint, didn't get paid til Tuesday & was stuck at work til 7.30pm anyway! Was too tired after work Tuesday/Wednesday to go buy it! Finally went into town tonight & got it BUT...I'm not gonna listen to it till I have time to listen to it all, in 1 go, very loud!

So tempted to lob it on my iPod now for the morning, but I won't! That eye keeps looking at me tho, it wants my attention!

Ines_Philipp
Ines_Philipp Posted Fri 03 Oct, 2008 6:59 AM Quote
as living in Germany I could only listen to the 6 tracks on Travis mySpace yet - and can't wait to listen to the rest!!! I like all the new songs very much - and J. Smith is what I really call an ode - but Chinese Blues is: WHOW! I simply had to turn it "one lauder" (to 11) immediately... woke up my neighbour in the middle of the night... glad he's a Travis Fan, too and did not call the police ;)))

cornax
cornax Posted Sat 04 Oct, 2008 9:02 PM Quote
It has winged its way across the ocean to the US! I can't put it on yet...too much chaos in house with kids and such. I need to be all on my lonesome for the first spin, I think...

lovedogjoe
lovedogjoe Posted Sat 04 Oct, 2008 9:49 PM Quote
got one already, nice!

Pages Previous 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Next All Times BST Current Time 7:47 PM