Travis

Re: keane new song spiralling
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Fri 08 Aug, 2008 5:40 AM Quote
feri wrote:

I don't think it sounds anything like Big In Japan, honestly I can see why people would say it sounds like The Killers, but every mainstream dancy pop band in the 80s? I don't think so. Besides, what if it did?! So WHAT!
Why is it that there is such a negative connotation attached to being 'mainstream' or 'pop'. Mainstream is not always bad, and a lot of mainstream 80s dance pop bands were actually good. Coldplay are very much mainstream and they don't suck.

I honestly don't care if Keane sounds like every other 80s band which I dont think they do, or if they're mainstream. Their music rocks. Some bands try so hard to be indie, it's just tiring to watch.

So what... nothing! Just my thoughts on words on a post. Haha. Like I said on my first post, if you like that kind of music you'll probably like it, I just don't.
About the keyboard, those notes in that order sound "oriental", many bands use them to create that effect (I didn't make that up myself), so with the sound of the synth and all, it reminded me to Big In Japan.
I agree with Moo. I think they just dropped their essence in that song. I must say I like it a bit more now than a couple of days ago. The percussion and drumming, the leading melody, Tom's voice and the lyrics are cool. The bvs too. But I still think it's the worst song by Keane by far. Piano, keyboard, synth and bass are forgettable.

Keane is mainstream here in Argentina, so I don't think there's anything wrong with it. I love their last two albums (although I believe Hopes & Fears is way better than UTIS). I just don't like listening to a good pop band based on melody and a darker sound doing dancy pop, that's all. I feel like it doesn't suit them. It's just my opinion! Sorry if I offended you in any way.

Frenchygirl
Frenchygirl Posted Fri 08 Aug, 2008 10:51 AM Quote
I love this song, can't stop listenning to it !!
I love Keane anyway, they're one of my favourite band !!

Jennny
Jennny Posted Fri 08 Aug, 2008 3:39 PM Quote
It is rather dancy. Can't say i was carried away. Shame.

http://a203.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/117/l_05695fd15722af57d49b9a8b7bb79f22.jpg

..and Tom's lost weight, blah.

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Fri 08 Aug, 2008 5:05 PM Quote
Tom was thin last year too. At least when I saw him in march he was. I think those huge lovable cheeks can be deceiving :oP.

haz
haz Posted Fri 08 Aug, 2008 6:24 PM Quote

it's official then. keane has finally managed to wring out any remaining traces of testosterone from their sound maan.

auronsquall
auronsquall Posted Fri 08 Aug, 2008 6:34 PM Quote
the shirt with the stars....wow.

reminds me of this a lot:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/d/de/Endlesswirecover.jpg

travisturkey
travisturkey Posted Fri 08 Aug, 2008 8:14 PM Quote
moo_the_evil_boffin wrote:
Am I the only one who still doesn't like this song after a few listens?
XXX

*raises hand*

Jennny
Jennny Posted Fri 08 Aug, 2008 8:17 PM Quote
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window wrote:
Tom was thin last year too. At least when I saw him in march he was. I think those huge lovable cheeks can be deceiving :oP.

Oh well, it's the cheeks then! :D Though must admit that i haven't really been too well-informed about how are the things with them since the first album, haha :) Even if i loved 'under the iron sea'!

Pages Previous 1 2 3 [4] All Times BST Current Time 2:49 AM