Travis

Artwork for Ode To J Smith?
Gosse
Gosse Posted Fri 01 Aug, 2008 11:39 AM Quote
Hi there!!

Just throwing a question up in the air: what do you fancy, the artwork for Ode To J Smith will be like?

For instance: will the four lads be on the front as on the last five records??

I fancy a black and white colouored cover - not in style with the J Smith EP, but just consisting of black and white colours. Mostly black. I'm not sure, that there'll be a photo... and therefore I'm unsure, that the four guys will appear on the front. New waves, new thoughts, new inspiration... and new artwork.

Also because the main thought behind the record and J Smith is the anonymous people's stories.

But I might as well be very, very wrong.

Luv,
G!

Re: Artwork for Ode To J Smith?
elodie
elodie Posted Fri 01 Aug, 2008 1:33 PM Quote
I remember that Fran told us in Montreux that the artwork will be 'graphic'. ;-)
He mentioned the photos they've taken in France so they will probably appear on the CD sleeve.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Fri 01 Aug, 2008 3:54 PM Quote
There were a lot of great ideas thrown around in this thread.

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Fri 01 Aug, 2008 4:13 PM Quote
Leicester shirt! Fellow Leicester fan? :)

Yeah, i've said all along, i don't think the band will be on the cover. We'll see. :)

Moray
Moray Posted Fri 01 Aug, 2008 4:26 PM Quote
I hope it's not like 12 memories. I really hate that album cover. I can't explain it. Too much face or something.

I like The Man Who & Invisible Band album covers. I always thought there was unfinished business with that set. The Man Who was the winter album and Invisible Band the Autumn. I still want to see the Spring/Summer collection, with the boys frolocking in a field of daisies or something, to complete my set!!!!

Erial
Erial Posted Fri 01 Aug, 2008 5:00 PM Quote
I really liked the cover for 12 Memories instead, it's my favourite so far! Great, great design.
But I don't think the artwork for the new cover will be in any way similar: I agree with BenFilter, i have a feeling the band won't be on it.
Which makes me sad because I like it when they're on the cover xD

Nikki
Nikki Posted Fri 01 Aug, 2008 5:02 PM Quote
Moray wrote:
I hope it's not like 12 memories. I really hate that album cover. I can't explain it. Too much face or something.

I like The Man Who & Invisible Band album covers. I always thought there was unfinished business with that set. The Man Who was the winter album and Invisible Band the Autumn. I still want to see the Spring/Summer collection, with the boys frolocking in a field of daisies or something, to complete my set!!!!

Moray, I also love the album covers that feature a small Travis hidden in big scenery, with The Invisible Band being my absolute favorite. That big tree is just beautiful. The Boy With No Name is also done this way as well...so we have three now. I'd LOVE for them to do a fourth in the same style.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Fri 01 Aug, 2008 5:04 PM Quote
Erial wrote:

Which makes me sad because I like it when they're on the cover xD

Me too!!

Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Fri 01 Aug, 2008 5:10 PM Quote
Dunno, but personally I like artwork, as in graphics/drawings, more than photos. I really like Keane's Under The Iron Sea for instance.

Bryn
Bryn Posted Fri 01 Aug, 2008 8:16 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:
Moray wrote:

Moray, I also love the album covers that feature a small Travis hidden in big scenery, with The Invisible Band being my absolute favorite. That big tree is just beautiful. The Boy With No Name is also done this way as well...so we have three now. I'd LOVE for them to do a fourth in the same style.

I totally agree. Nikki, that's my favorite too. It is sooo pretty.

But that being said, I sort of feel like they might go for more of a 12 Memories feel.

tungchoi
tungchoi Posted Fri 01 Aug, 2008 9:51 PM Quote
Bryn wrote:
Nikki wrote:
Moray wrote:

I totally agree. Nikki, that's my favorite too. It is sooo pretty.

But that being said, I sort of feel like they might go for more of a 12 Memories feel.

agree all of u. it is lovely to see small Travis hidden in big scenery. i also think the album artwork will be black & white. thats not bad for them to try something new :P
i hope it will be a beautiful artwork like they did before.

Gosse
Gosse Posted Sat 02 Aug, 2008 9:02 AM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
Leicester shirt! Fellow Leicester fan? :)

Yeah, i've said all along, i don't think the band will be on the cover. We'll see. :)

Yes, Foxes rule... but not in the last couple of seasons. Last year was excklusive the hell season of all. Well... it's going to be interesting this year. Don't have much confidence in Nigel Pearson, though.

Are you from Leicester?

G!

Gosse
Gosse Posted Sat 02 Aug, 2008 9:03 AM Quote
Nikki wrote:
There were a lot of great ideas thrown around in this thread.

Thanks!

Gosse
Gosse Posted Sat 02 Aug, 2008 9:10 AM Quote
elodie wrote:
I remember that Fran told us in Montreux that the artwork will be 'graphic'. ;-)
He mentioned the photos they've taken in France so they will probably appear on the CD sleeve.

Interesting... very interesting. I think, that maybe the cover will feature one "faceless" person. But I'm looking forward to a experience the graphic side of Travis.

I too love the covers very, very much - but I also think, they should challenge the expression more. Ireally loved some of the takes to TBWNN, that didn't finish on the front. The pictures with the shadow of a boy in the setting sun were beautiful - hoped it was the front, but no.

Luv,
G!

champagnesupernova
champagnesupernova Posted Sat 02 Aug, 2008 9:51 AM Quote
Yo G! :-D

I am with you about the album cover expectations. Black and white with no clear faces would be cool. But then it doesn't have to be black and white. DIfferent color combinations could be used depending on the theme. The use of white on The Man Who was super awesome!!
Just hope it doesn't look as ordinary as TBWNN cover. I just couldn't like it.
I loved the whole artwork for 12 Memories. I would love to have a new poster like that Anton Corbijn art cover from 12 Memories. Oh yes! :-)

Hope all is good with you!

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 1:25 PM