Travis

Re: Advice on potential love?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Fri 01 Aug, 2008 6:08 PM Quote
Most men are simple creatures and easily flattered. Unless he thinks you are a total dog, he will say yes if you ask him out. Just make it lunch or something. Easy, no pressure.

mozman68
mozman68 Posted Fri 01 Aug, 2008 8:50 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
Most men are simple creatures and easily flattered. Unless he thinks you are a total dog, he will say yes if you ask him out. Just make it lunch or something. Easy, no pressure.

Yeah...like I said....we are much smart in michigan....

urfe
urfe Posted Fri 01 Aug, 2008 9:28 PM Quote
Wish I had a crush on somebody too. I'd definitely go for it and ask him out. Pure excitement... I miss that feeling.

Emmy
Emmy Posted Sat 02 Aug, 2008 5:23 AM Quote
Thank you all for replying. Your advice does help, as I've been out of the dating loop for awhile now, and yes, I am somewhat nervous about it.

My last question though is this (again, the answer may seem pretty obvious to many of you): if I were to ask him out for a drink or lunch how do I approach without looking totally awkward.

I've never been the first one to approach (something that I've regretted on past crushes), so how do I pull it off whithout it making totally awkward? I tend to either get all quiet when I'm nervous or babble like a total buffon and feel like a complete ass afterwards.

I know I should buck up and do it and really want to but because of the things mentioned above, I feel as though I might chicken out...stupid I know.

Also, the other workers at the museum that I know and who are I consider to be my friends but are about 20 years older than me know that I'm interested in him. They're also kind of mother hens, so if I approach him and strike up a conversation, I know their ears will be pinned to the doors, listening in.

I know that part shouldn't matter, but I'm sure it will actually me if do try to make the first move. Thoughts. This probably comes off as being pitiful without confidence. In general I am a pretty confident person, but in situations like these it just seems to plummet.

Sorry to beat a dead horse with this topic. I do appreciate your responses, though. If you have more wisdom to share, I'd love to hear it. Thanks.

Pages Previous 1 [2] All Times BST Current Time 7:29 AM