Travis

Re: New Single: Something Anything
gladsadmad
gladsadmad Posted Fri 08 Aug, 2008 1:03 AM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
I hope Dougie sings Tail Of The Tiger. He did write it and they knew when they recorded it that it would be a b side. :)

Here here!

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Fri 08 Aug, 2008 9:09 PM Quote
Arghhhhh! I've missed so much! I'm going to have to spend all of the weekend catching up instead of doing stuff I'm meant to...
But a new single, artwork, tour, everything's kicking off now! Woop! :D

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Sat 09 Aug, 2008 4:17 AM Quote
the boy with a cryptic name wrote:
Arghhhhh! I've missed so much! I'm going to have to spend all of the weekend catching up instead of doing stuff I'm meant to...
But a new single, artwork, tour, everything's kicking off now! Woop! :D

I was wondering where you were, haha. You're always one of the firsts to comment on this kind of things.

the boy with a cryptic name Posted Sat 09 Aug, 2008 10:18 AM Quote
OK, I've listened and that is one bloody good song! Short, but very full - I love the punchy chords, like J. Smith but with a different yet brilliant riff - the verses are very rocky but the chorus sounds so light with the chiming guitar part, and then Andy rockets into the guitar solo... wow! *runs out of breath*

Has Fran said anything about sharing the audio, I know he didn't mind last time, but I don't want to share the song if we're not meant to? :S

iraida
iraida Posted Mon 11 Aug, 2008 2:53 AM Quote
Travis Web Team wrote:
limited edition J. Smith EP, Travis

My sister and I "bought" that one about 2 months ago and we got mocked because it never arrived... Nobody has answered us and of course we have the discount in our credit card ... so why should I bother then? :(

the boy with a cryptic name Posted Mon 11 Aug, 2008 11:33 AM Quote
iraida wrote:
Travis Web Team wrote:

My sister and I "bought" that one about 2 months ago and we got mocked because it never arrived... Nobody has answered us and of course we have the discount in our credit card ... so why should I bother then? :(

Sorry to hear that, have you contacted the shop? You should definitely get your money back. I don't blame you for not wanting to try again, maybe just get the download this time.

cyberrie
cyberrie Posted Tue 12 Aug, 2008 8:07 PM Quote
aaaaah i cant listen to this song (just in a very very bad live version on youtube....
has anybody recorded it and could give me a link or something???
the link to bbc doesnt work!!!
i cant wait for the new album....
it must be awesome again!

cyberrie
cyberrie Posted Tue 12 Aug, 2008 8:15 PM Quote
oh, i found it on hypem.com!!!
it sounds amazing!! absolutely great!!
oh my god this must definitely their absolutely best album!!!!
here it is:
http://hypem.com/popup.php?current_url=L3RyYWNrLzYwOTg0OS9UcmF2aXMtU29tZXRoaW5nK0FueXRoaW5n&list=eNozM7C0MLEEAARnAUU%3D&skip=0

and also brilliant "song to self":
http://hypem.com/popup.php?current_url=L3RyYWNrLzYxMTA0MC9UcmF2aXMtU29uZytUbytTZWxm&list=eNozMzQ0MDEAAAQrAS0%3D&skip=0

yuriblury
yuriblury Posted Wed 13 Aug, 2008 5:14 AM Quote
the boy with a cryptic name wrote:
iraida wrote:
Travis Web Team wrote:

Sorry to hear that, have you contacted the shop? You should definitely get your money back. I don't blame you for not wanting to try again, maybe just get the download this time.

Yeah We tried everything but nothing has happened. We have sent emails to almost everyone we know ... what else should we do?! we don't care about the money ´cos we wanted the signed record :(

RaZzZ
RaZzZ Posted Wed 13 Aug, 2008 10:47 PM Quote
arni wrote:
DO SOMETHING TRAVIS, I LIVE IN MEXICO CITY AND I CAN'T HAVE A COPY OF YOUR NEW SINGLE, WHEN I TRIED TO BUY IT, IT SEND ME AN ERROR, AND CANT CONFIRM MY ORDER, IT HAPPENED THE SAME THING WHEN I TRIED TO BUY THE J. SMITH EP, DO SOMETHING PLEASE!!!!!!! I WANT THEM VERY BAD, OR SELL THEM IN AMAZON PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!!

Try to import them.

choke the chicken
choke the chicken Posted Fri 15 Aug, 2008 10:40 PM Quote
The way on the album J smith, ends and Something Anything begins, is going to sound incredible,

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Fri 15 Aug, 2008 10:49 PM Quote
choke the chicken wrote:
The way on the album J smith, ends and Something Anything begins, is going to sound incredible,

I think Something Anything to Long Way Down will be incredible. Instant change from one to the other. Gonna be awesome. And the change from Chinese Blues to J Smith should be great too. :)

I'd be interested to hear if there are any others that flow nicely from one to another. Hard to say as they've changed the track listing quite a bit to how they played it live.

iraida
iraida Posted Wed 27 Aug, 2008 6:01 PM Quote
My J. Smith limited edition arrived last night after more than 2 months! so happy here :) gracias to everyone that made this possible!

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n62/Travis_band/ingrid-2.jpg

Cheryl E
Cheryl E Posted Mon 08 Sep, 2008 9:28 PM Quote
Hi,
No one will remember me - I'm an old boardie but popped in to vist. Heard new single & love the fact that they sound like early Travis!

Cheryl

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Sun 14 Sep, 2008 4:28 AM Quote
Technology is awesome. Here in a hotel in New York, on my iPod Touch, I've downloaded Something Anything plus the b-sides from iTunes! :) Haha. Both b-sides are really good. Used To Belong not very Travisy at all but totally brilliant! Seriously brilliant. Should have been on the album in place of Friends (though maybe the album version will surprise me). Keep up the good work Travis, you guys are amazing right now! :)

Edit: Used To Belong... Wow! Haha. Love the sound. Great song. :)

Pages Previous 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 Next All Times BST Current Time 10:56 PM