Travis

Re: New Single: Something Anything
heich
heich Posted Fri 01 Aug, 2008 9:01 PM Quote
They should put Lola as a digital download as well!!

Eledh
Eledh Posted Fri 01 Aug, 2008 10:33 PM Quote
heich wrote:
They should put Lola as a digital download as well!!

That's what I was thinking too...
I mean, just reading the name Lola that song comes into my mind...
I don't know what I'll do when I will hear it just at home and not on my ipod...
Damn!
XD
But well, two b-sides on digital download, it's good anyway.

RaZzZ
RaZzZ Posted Sat 02 Aug, 2008 8:50 PM Quote
Travis Web Team wrote:
Having scored a No. 1 on the indie singles chart with their limited edition J. Smith EP, Travis are pleased to announce the release of a new single Something Anything on September 15th, followed by their sixth studio album Ode To J. Smith on September 29th.

Something Anything sees Travis mine a seam of tough beat led grooves and guitar licks, landing someplace between the breakthrough stomp of Good Feeling and garage band of All I Wanna Do Is Rock.

For the video, the band team up once more with Michael Baldwin – who directed all the videos for The Boy With No Name – and take Andy's driving guitar riff as the centre piece for a video that sees a 10ft tall Andy tearing into a solo that leaves the rest of the band suitably awestruck.

The single will be released on the band's very own Red Telephone Box label and will be available on 7”, CD and as a download. Additional tracks include a cover of The Kinks classic Lola and two new songs all unavailable elsewhere. Track listings are as follows:

Something Anything CD / Digital download:
01: Something Anything
02: Tail Of The Tiger
03: Used To Belong

Something Anything 7” Vinyl:
A: Something Anything
B: Lola

So, Travis is back

auronsquall
auronsquall Posted Mon 04 Aug, 2008 6:15 PM Quote
So Fran told us folks in the Taipei venue that "Song to Self" will also be a single as well, I got a little confused, but no matter, its a great, great song. I'm really looking forward to the release of the album!

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Mon 04 Aug, 2008 6:39 PM Quote
I know we knew but Fran on radio 2 on Wednesday to discuss album and single. I will definitely be listening. I'm pretty convinced it'll get it's first play on Wednesday. :) Cannot wait!

Yeah, Song To Self was expected. I think if Something Anything charts well, they have to release Long Way Down! If it doesn't, Song To Self would be a good choice. :)

auronsquall
auronsquall Posted Mon 04 Aug, 2008 7:44 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
I know we knew but Fran on radio 2 on Wednesday to discuss album and single. I will definitely be listening. I'm pretty convinced it'll get it's first play on Wednesday. :) Cannot wait!

Yeah, Song To Self was expected. I think if Something Anything charts well, they have to release Long Way Down! If it doesn't, Song To Self would be a good choice. :)

We only heard 3 of the new songs, unlike some of the other Asia venues, but still, I agree, I think Song to Self is going to chart well when released, I'll be looking forward to hearing the record in its entirety.

About Something Anything though, does anyone know what the lyrics are talking about? I remember hearing majestic a lot, possible theme guess?

Darran
Darran Posted Tue 05 Aug, 2008 11:10 AM Quote
Radio 2 just gave it it's first play.

Sounds nice and raw.

Good stuff indeed.

milos
milos Posted Tue 05 Aug, 2008 12:13 PM Quote
Darran wrote:

Sounds nice and raw.

Good stuff indeed.

Aaargh! I want to hear it! Maybe they'll put it on myspace soon.

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Tue 05 Aug, 2008 2:09 PM Quote
Darran wrote:

Sounds nice and raw.

Good stuff indeed.

Argh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Me want to hear!!!!!!!

milos
milos Posted Tue 05 Aug, 2008 2:15 PM Quote
Found it! http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio2/shows/bruce/ Click on "listen again" tuesday and then scroll to 01:38:00! :) The quality isn't great, but it's OK.

Safe Side
Safe Side Posted Tue 05 Aug, 2008 2:15 PM Quote
the production is a bit weird on it its a bit off tune i think the bass is too high comparad to the live versions but still think its an amzing tune solo kicks ass.

Gladly (the cross-eyed bear)
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) Posted Tue 05 Aug, 2008 2:23 PM Quote
If that doesnt get them back on peoples radar , i dont know what will.

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Tue 05 Aug, 2008 2:38 PM Quote
Awesome! I love it! Hopefully people will sit up and take notice. Don't know if it's the sort of song that would chart well in the singles chart, but its the sort of song that should help the album sell.

Again, maybe its just me but it seems slower than it does live. They've kept that 'heavy' sound that makes it so good. Really good. WOOO HOOOOOO! :)

auronsquall
auronsquall Posted Tue 05 Aug, 2008 3:05 PM Quote
ah so I see I misheard the lyrics upon the first hearing, what I what thought was majestic was "...something anything just to keep..."

So far, I like how it sounds, and I do agree that the bass sounds reduced? But I'm guessing its because its a 32kbs version from the radio, looking forward to the real thing!

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Tue 05 Aug, 2008 3:43 PM Quote
Am i the only one that randomly goes "WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" at the top of my voice throughout listening to it!? :)

Pages Previous 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 Next All Times BST Current Time 9:59 AM