Travis

Re: Song to Self online!
steeler62
steeler62 Posted Tue 29 Jul, 2008 8:44 PM Quote
This song is awsome. I'm so glad it's the first single because it was my favorite song when it came to listening to all the tracks. It's even better then what i thought!

sebnemy
sebnemy Posted Tue 29 Jul, 2008 8:54 PM Quote
I love the song--in fact I loved it when I first heard it in Istanbul. In fact, before the concert with J. Smith, it was also a love at first sight(figure of speech), but I have to admit Get Up grows on you (it became my morning song)... I will not put these three in any hierarchical order, because I am not sure... not right away at least. I am also not very sure about what is real travis, very travis or totally travis, etc. So, I will not dare comment on that:)

I agree with everybody that it gets even harder to wait for Ode to come out!

Bryn
Bryn Posted Tue 29 Jul, 2008 8:55 PM Quote
Beautiful! Just beautiful! I wonder if it will be a really eclectic album... I remembered what Fran wrote in his blog when he told us the album name and I just went back and found it:

Quote:
The album is called Ode To J. Smith partly giving a heads up to the key song and partly because all the songs are written about nameless characters or to nameless characters.

So maybe the sound/tone of the songs vary according to the personality of the character...

Or maybe not, I'm not sure if that really makes sense. Anyway, great song!

-ivashjke-
-ivashjke- Posted Tue 29 Jul, 2008 9:10 PM Quote
Wow!!! This song is soooo awesome!! It's brilliant!! You know, for me it's better than the live-version. Coz it has that background music that brings you back to 'The Man Who' atmosphere.
And my favourite moment is when Fran sings 'do you see the light? Tell me you see the light.'
I'm so excited!! I'm not gonna sleep tonight)

Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Tue 29 Jul, 2008 9:15 PM Quote
Ok I'm not listening to it until its official declared the single. *puts fingers in ears* lalala

gaby
gaby Posted Tue 29 Jul, 2008 9:30 PM Quote
I just ADORE IT!!!
Thank you Fran, one more time, for a wonderful song!

Delia24Oct07
Delia24Oct07 Posted Tue 29 Jul, 2008 9:32 PM Quote
Typing to Reach You wrote:
Ok I'm not listening to it until its official declared the single. *puts fingers in ears* lalala

Wow, you're strong! ;) I'm glad I've listened to it because I was hungry for this song after I nearly couldn't bring it out of my head after Montreux! Speaks for the quality of this song, doesn't it?

sebnemy
sebnemy Posted Tue 29 Jul, 2008 9:36 PM Quote

It is a soooonng to my seeellff....

sebnemy
sebnemy Posted Tue 29 Jul, 2008 9:56 PM Quote
sebnemy wrote:

It is a soooonng to my seeellff....

ok I will get it right now:

Singing a sooooooong to myseelff....

drift-nina
drift-nina Posted Tue 29 Jul, 2008 10:27 PM Quote

thanks a lot!!!

Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Tue 29 Jul, 2008 10:43 PM Quote
Delia24Oct07 wrote:

Wow, you're strong! ;) I'm glad I've listened to it because I was hungry for this song after I nearly couldn't bring it out of my head after Montreux! Speaks for the quality of this song, doesn't it?

*twiddles thumbs*

*whistles*

Ok I'm gonna listen to it. Lol xD

carlottarocks
carlottarocks Posted Tue 29 Jul, 2008 10:50 PM Quote
Wow, what a beautiful song! Fantastic! Thanks for the link :)

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Tue 29 Jul, 2008 10:54 PM Quote
Haha. Thanks for the download. Downloading right now. I think people who have only heard J Smith, Get Up and Song To Self and prefer Song To Self will be very happy with the album. :) Songs like Last Words, Before You Were Young, Quite Free are also fantastic. I personally can't wait to hear the studio version of Chinese Blues as it is stunning.

Dun-dun-dunlop
Dun-dun-dunlop Posted Tue 29 Jul, 2008 10:59 PM Quote

*twiddles thumbs*

*whistles*

Ok I'm gonna listen to it. Lol xD

Hahaha! I finally broke down and listened to it earlier, too. When J. Smith was first played, I stayed strong for a few weeks, wanting to wait to hear the album in its entirety. I eventually gave in though.
I should've know better than trying to resist, eh? =P

Both tracks are amazing. Bring on September!

Mikko85
Mikko85 Posted Tue 29 Jul, 2008 11:02 PM Quote
best Travis chorus for a long time. Not quite as convinced by the verses yet, but this is first listen.

Pages Previous 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Next All Times BST Current Time 11:16 PM