Travis

Re: Your Greatest Travis moment
Craig
Craig Posted Thu 17 Jul, 2008 7:36 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
Craig wrote:
this has gotta be my top travis moment after the bournemouth gig where i met the band for the 1st time. was invited into soundcheck as well!! and i had this great pic taken with me fran and dougie after the show!!! was great will never forget it!!!

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb74/travisrocker/DSC00741.jpg

and then this photo with fran outside the reading hexagon gig on the same tour!!!

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb74/travisrocker/DSC00946.jpg

Craig these pics are really sweet. Glad that you got to meet them.

oh yes it was amazing that day i won't forget it for a long time, hopefully more great pics to come from future gigs

cartoonmatrix
cartoonmatrix Posted Fri 18 Jul, 2008 4:16 AM Quote
Meeting them all after the Atlanta show last year but especially, getting to talk to Fran on the crazy path to me discovering Travis( a long ish story that started with the song Driftwood) and then him talking to me about how he almost lost Driftwood. Nothing better then having someone you admire, like Fran Healy, just chat, looking you straight in the eye the whole time.

BTW Fran, its almost been a year since the band has been in the ATL, you promised you would be back. I'm holding you to it ;)

Delia24Oct07
Delia24Oct07 Posted Fri 18 Jul, 2008 9:05 AM Quote
One best moment? Mmh, can't pick out just one, there are about 3:

1. When we first met after the gig in Zurich and Fran told me he'd recognized me from the gig and could show me exactly where I stood in front of the stage... I couldn't say a word, I was just melting... ;)
2. The moment when we were taking the photo (as you can see my big smile, I was so excited!)
3. Being huged twice by a drunk Andy, he was so different to when we first met! So easy going! ;)

But I enjoyed every single second I spended with them, I live and breathe for them. They keep me up every time things are going bad!

sebnemy
sebnemy Posted Fri 18 Jul, 2008 9:43 AM Quote
minnmess wrote:
Nikki wrote:
minnmess wrote:
Nikki wrote:
Finally getting the chance last summer to meet Travis and hear Dougie and Fran sing an acoustic set so up close. Oh, what a great moment!!!! And I can't pick out one moment from the concert that followed that night....just amazing. I was on a happy Travis cloud for like 3 months.

Is does last that long, does it? I swear all i did for months after i saw them last summer was watch every youtube video i could find over and over and over and over. For hours on end. If it didnt make me so happy i would say it was pretty pathetic.

Oh, me too! And it's all I talked about as well...to everyone! I'm sure I was pretty annoying, lol...but I don't care cuz I love 'em. :)

I hear ya! I started so many conversations with "well, at the Travis concert..." "There is this Travis song..." "Fran said to us..." "I found this youtube video if a Travis show in..." and im pretty sure all my friends started to hate me!
I was on a really long roadtrip last summer and one of my friends finally gave in and was like "okay, which Travis cd should we listen to?" and that was the hardest decision of my life! What cd to start a person of with when all they have heard is me talking about them?

It is so good to realise that I am not alone! Going through "banned" youtube for all the videos was not easy, believe me. Most of my conversations for the past 3 months at least (ever since I heard that they were coming to Istanbul) either started or ended with Travis! I think my students and friends had a lot of fun listening to me. I am not sure if I can say the same thing about my husband, especially not after jumping on his feet several times while singing WDIAROM at the concert. The concert was great but I think my greatest Travis moment is still to come--since I did not get to meet them. I am jealous of you all who had that chance.

Delia24Oct07
Delia24Oct07 Posted Fri 18 Jul, 2008 10:12 AM Quote
sebnemy wrote:
minnmess wrote:
Nikki wrote:
minnmess wrote:
Nikki wrote:
Finally getting the chance last summer to meet Travis and hear Dougie and Fran sing an acoustic set so up close. Oh, what a great moment!!!! And I can't pick out one moment from the concert that followed that night....just amazing. I was on a happy Travis cloud for like 3 months.

Is does last that long, does it? I swear all i did for months after i saw them last summer was watch every youtube video i could find over and over and over and over. For hours on end. If it didnt make me so happy i would say it was pretty pathetic.

Oh, me too! And it's all I talked about as well...to everyone! I'm sure I was pretty annoying, lol...but I don't care cuz I love 'em. :)

I hear ya! I started so many conversations with "well, at the Travis concert..." "There is this Travis song..." "Fran said to us..." "I found this youtube video if a Travis show in..." and im pretty sure all my friends started to hate me!

It is so good to realise that I am not alone! Going through "banned" youtube for all the videos was not easy, believe me. Most of my conversations for the past 3 months at least (ever since I heard that they were coming to Istanbul) either started or ended with Travis! I think my students and friends had a lot of fun listening to me.

I feel exactly the same! My family is so annoyed but it's just a week past! I had to go to KimFoster, a friend of mine who was with me at the concert so I didn't bother anyone else who didn't feel the same. I still can't think of anything else and I still nearly start to cry when I listen to J.Smith because it reminds me so much. And if I close my eyes, I still see them on stage or Fran talking to some fans outside. Sometimes I'm sure I can even smell the audience at the concert! It's so bad!
But at least, I know now I'm not the only one going insane like that! Let's get insane all together, so nobody has to be alone! ;)

paul_c
paul_c Posted Fri 18 Jul, 2008 12:37 PM Quote
Delia24Oct07 wrote:
But at least, I know now I'm not the only one going insane like that! Let's get insane all together, so nobody has to be alone! ;)

That's a nice sentiment

McJen
McJen Posted Sat 19 Jul, 2008 9:02 AM Quote
Mine has to be the time I won tickets to go see Travis perform songs from the 12 memories album for CD:UK and some 4music programme and got to stand at the front all day right in front of Dougie. About half way through, between one of the songs, Dougie pulled a cola lolly pop out of his pocket, decided he didn't want it and reached out and asked if I wanted it instead! I still have the lolly pop to this day.

Also pretty high on the list has to be the time I went to a signing in HMV in Glasgow on my own. When I got to the front I realised I had no one to take a picture of me with the boys and even ended up asking the security guard but he said he wasn't allowed... so Fran got up, (I was so scared at this point because I had no idea what he was doing!) took the camera off me, threw his arm round my shoulder and said 'say cheese!' as he took the photo himself. It was so cute of him and I was totally dumbstruck and couldn't think of anything to say except thank you!
(n.b. its the photo thats used as my profile picture)

daytimeoyster
daytimeoyster Posted Sat 19 Jul, 2008 10:35 AM Quote
i'm about to have my very first travis moment soon ;P
in 12 days to be exact :D
and i really hope that i can find those 4 men after the gig
but i not so sure if i can reach the back door of the venue:<
so..can i see you, Fran?

Nikki
Nikki Posted Sat 19 Jul, 2008 2:06 PM Quote
McJen wrote:
Mine has to be the time I won tickets to go see Travis perform songs from the 12 memories album for CD:UK and some 4music programme and got to stand at the front all day right in front of Dougie. About half way through, between one of the songs, Dougie pulled a cola lolly pop out of his pocket, decided he didn't want it and reached out and asked if I wanted it instead! I still have the lolly pop to this day.

Also pretty high on the list has to be the time I went to a signing in HMV in Glasgow on my own. When I got to the front I realised I had no one to take a picture of me with the boys and even ended up asking the security guard but he said he wasn't allowed... so Fran got up, (I was so scared at this point because I had no idea what he was doing!) took the camera off me, threw his arm round my shoulder and said 'say cheese!' as he took the photo himself. It was so cute of him and I was totally dumbstruck and couldn't think of anything to say except thank you!
(n.b. its the photo thats used as my profile picture)

Awww! That's so sweet. :) Totally something I could see Franny doing. Cute picture too!

Tonyclifton
Tonyclifton Posted Sat 19 Jul, 2008 10:47 PM Quote
Walking down the aisle at the end of my wedding to "Flowers in the window" with my new wife was pretty special!!!!

erikausagi
erikausagi Posted Sun 20 Jul, 2008 4:40 AM Quote
I guess all my moments around them are so glorious that could be my greatest moments.... but, IF I had to choose, I guess I'll pick :

1. the first time that I met them. I was expecting several years to see them and they were so nice!! an unforgettable feeling...
2. when Fran gave my his T-shirt that he used in the gig, in August 07 in Mexico City... was AMAZING!!! I still think I was dreaming, and I keep it like my greatest treasure
3. in Notthingham, after rescue rooms, Fran told me "Hi Erika"... my name!!! I think I can die in this moment and everything will be so glorious!! just like heaven!!

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y247/UsagiCoulson/DSC00094.jpg

cmr
cmr Posted Wed 06 Aug, 2008 11:16 AM Quote
I've never got the chance to meet them, my biggest moment with Travis was our lovely Turkey Gig.
When I opened my banner with the lyrics of Pipe Dreams (I've changed them a little :) "Heaven seemed so very far from here, but now it's in front of me")
And they played Pipe Dreams, in the second row.. How wonderfull is that? :)
Andy winked at me when they started to play and I got the eye contact with Doug and Fran too.. Most beautiful thing in my life :)
I wish I could meet them, I wish it every moment in my life but seems that I have to wait more..

PS: Yesterday I bought this turkish magazine, my picture with the banner was in the magazine :) Right beside Fran's photo.. It reminded me again, the most wondefull day of my life and will keep it forever... :)

Love you guys.. :)

frandougeil
frandougeil Posted Wed 06 Aug, 2008 11:21 AM Quote
monkey wrote:
isn't every Travis moment the greatest! ;)

that's right dudE!i enjoyed every single sec of it...nothing that i hated..but dougie throwing me his pick is greater than greatest=)

auronsquall
auronsquall Posted Wed 06 Aug, 2008 12:14 PM Quote
hmm, i didnt get to meet them either, but watching their concert with my buddy in their taipei gig will always remain unforgettable, lol as well as fran losing his wire while playing haha

CheraviS
CheraviS Posted Wed 06 Aug, 2008 12:28 PM Quote
even just listening to their song is a great moment
but the greatest one was........
hahaha...
my profile pic tells everything <3

Pages Previous 1 2 [3] All Times BST Current Time 2:35 PM