Travis

Re: Campaign to get 'Sarah' on album...
BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Sat 12 Jul, 2008 12:10 AM Quote
Whilst I'd go back to what I said before with my 'we have it, let's be happy' message, I'd still love it on a future album. Firstly, because it deserves to be and it would (if it fits) make a truly wonderful album track that for years to come would be wonderful to hear along with the other 10 or so tracks with it. Secondly, as a couple of others have pointed out, there are plenty of Travis fans who may never hear Sarah. If it is on an album, they'd hear it for sure.

I'm delighted it exists and I'm delighted the band have released it. :)

elodie
elodie Posted Sat 12 Jul, 2008 6:26 PM Quote
Sarah won't be on the album...

I spoke to Fran in Montreux after the gig and he told me that this song is only a b-side, a little 'treasure' for all the fans who own the EP. They hadn't any b-sides for the J. Smith EP so they chose to work on it and to record it but I think it will always be a b-side as '20', although they are both good songs with a lot of potential.

Chiito-chan
Chiito-chan Posted Sat 12 Jul, 2008 6:56 PM Quote
elodie wrote:

I spoke to Fran in Montreux after the gig and he told me that this song is only a b-side, a little 'treasure' for all the fans who own the EP. They hadn't any b-sides for the J. Smith EP so they chose to work on it and to record it but I think it will always be a b-side as '20', although they are both good songs with a lot of potential.

Thanks for sharing.

choke the chicken
choke the chicken Posted Sat 12 Jul, 2008 7:47 PM Quote
I don't want it on the new album. I'm happy for it to remain a b-side just like some of my other favourite travis songs...

Definition of Wrong
No Cigar
Central Station
You bring me down

Thats just a few. Hopefully they will appear on a bside album 1 day, so everyone else can hear them, cos lets be honest, travis do actually make so many bsides that there is enough to make a really strong compilation album

choke the chicken
choke the chicken Posted Sat 12 Jul, 2008 7:49 PM Quote
I don't want it on the new album. I'm happy for it to remain a b-side just like some of my other favourite travis songs...

Definition of Wrong
No Cigar
Central Station
You bring me down

Thats just a few. Hopefully they will appear on a bside album 1 day, so everyone else can hear them, cos lets be honest, travis do actually make so many bsides that there is enough to make a really strong compilation album

heich
heich Posted Sat 12 Jul, 2008 11:08 PM Quote
elodie wrote:

Its good to know that, honestly i think Sarah is starting to be a little bit overrated around here...dont get me wrong, i like the song and i think is good but not as much as some people are saying

i mean, its a nice track but thats it; i cant even listen to it from the beginning to the end, one minute shorter would have made it better

Pages Previous 1 [2] All Times BST Current Time 2:19 AM