Travis

Re: Looks like the Turkey concert was filmed...
sebnemy
sebnemy Posted Thu 03 Jul, 2008 12:59 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:
Thanks for posting a link to that interview! It was really good! The reporter asked some interesting questions. I really liked what the guys said about raising their kids and about fame.

Your welcome!

It was a nice surprise to come home, turn the tv on and watch the interview. Since I missed the beginning I went to dreamtv website, to see if they were going to broadcast it again, instead I found out that it was already on the web.

I hope that one day they will broadcast/post the whole concert as well. It was very nice to be there--1,5 hours, 21 songs. I realized one thing though: I guess listening to the podcast of 2007 Washington DC concert (9:30 Club) caused me to build up a false expectation, in terms of (I am not sure how to put it, let’s say…interaction?….no …there was interaction without words as well…maybe…) conversations... If you do not have that podcast already, which I doubt, go to NPR All Songs Considered or to itunes and download it for free. You will not find any new songs but it is a great concert and sounds like a great crowd. It was almost too sad not to sing Good Feeling in Istanbul and not to yell “Claes, Claes, Claes!”

Well, I do not want to be unfair. Maybe if it was not for another band waiting to take stage Travis concert could have been longer… (Yes, dear organizers, bring them alone next time!) Anyways, it was a great concert. Everybody was very happy singing, cheering, and jumping!

I hope to see them soon.

hazel_cohen
hazel_cohen Posted Thu 03 Jul, 2008 8:54 PM Quote
i watched this interwiev 2 times on tv =) you guys are awesome =) it's been a week but i still remember everything about that night =) thanx for everything =) (cheers) :D

Nikki
Nikki Posted Thu 03 Jul, 2008 9:20 PM Quote
sebnemy wrote:
Nikki wrote:
Thanks for posting a link to that interview! It was really good! The reporter asked some interesting questions. I really liked what the guys said about raising their kids and about fame.

Your welcome!

It was a nice surprise to come home, turn the tv on and watch the interview. Since I missed the beginning I went to dreamtv website, to see if they were going to broadcast it again, instead I found out that it was already on the web.

I hope that one day they will broadcast/post the whole concert as well. It was very nice to be there--1,5 hours, 21 songs. I realized one thing though: I guess listening to the podcast of 2007 Washington DC concert (9:30 Club) caused me to build up a false expectation, in terms of (I am not sure how to put it, let’s say…interaction?….no …there was interaction without words as well…maybe…) conversations... If you do not have that podcast already, which I doubt, go to NPR All Songs Considered or to itunes and download it for free. You will not find any new songs but it is a great concert and sounds like a great crowd. It was almost too sad not to sing Good Feeling in Istanbul and not to yell “Claes, Claes, Claes!”

Well, I do not want to be unfair. Maybe if it was not for another band waiting to take stage Travis concert could have been longer… (Yes, dear organizers, bring them alone next time!) Anyways, it was a great concert. Everybody was very happy singing, cheering, and jumping!

I hope to see them soon.

I actually have heard that...if I remember, I think you could listen to it live as the show was happening. Pretty cool. :)

The difference may be that the Turkey concert was held at an outdoor festival location and the 9:30 Club is a smaller, indoor, much more intimate venue.

champagnesupernova
champagnesupernova Posted Thu 03 Jul, 2008 9:23 PM Quote
Great interview! Makes me smile as always. :-D

Wish the questions could be more expansive about the band though.

champagnesupernova
champagnesupernova Posted Thu 03 Jul, 2008 9:24 PM Quote
champagnesupernova wrote:
Great interview! Makes me smile as always. :-D

Wish the questions could be more expansive about the band though.

Nothing against the interviewer. It is just me being a geek as usual.

happy_to_hang_around
happy_to_hang_around Posted Sat 05 Jul, 2008 1:32 PM Quote
I've just watched a little part of the concert on TRT2 (by chance).A programme called 'Cingirock'.I've watched just LWCT,and then New Model Army's two songs.

Pages Previous 1 2 [3] All Times BST Current Time 5:44 AM