Travis

Re: Your first Travis cd...?
connieonnie
connieonnie Posted Mon 23 Jun, 2008 10:17 PM Quote
It was 2001 my friend was going through my cd's and he told me that my collection was in need of some Travis. I trusted him and ordered Good Feeling, The Man Who & The Invisible Band. I got them all at once but listened in chronological order.

moominbadger
moominbadger Posted Mon 23 Jun, 2008 10:30 PM Quote
First Travis cd was Writing to Reach You, then I bought Good Feeling as The Man Who hadn't quite been released yet.

Craigyboy
Craigyboy Posted Mon 23 Jun, 2008 11:30 PM Quote
The First Cd i got was The Man Who i asked for it to be my xmas present from my aunt and uncle in 1999, first travis material i purchased myself was the Coming Around single.

cmr
cmr Posted Mon 23 Jun, 2008 11:44 PM Quote
Oh I bought "The Man Who" and "The Invisible Band" at the same time! :)
I listened to TIB first :D

heyjude
heyjude Posted Tue 24 Jun, 2008 12:47 AM Quote
The Man Who... way back when...

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Tue 24 Jun, 2008 1:38 AM Quote
My first Travis cd was Singles in 2004.
I knew Travis since the radio stations started playing Sing here in Argentina in 2001, and I loved all the singles and videos since then, but never got around to buying an album.

I was very depressed in 2004, going through a rough time, and I decided I needed to make myself a gift, and it had to be music. It was an early christmas gift. I was between Hopes & Fears by Keane and Singles by Travis (it had all the songs I knew). Never regreted my decision!!! :o)

Then my friends got me 12 Memories and TIB for my birthday in 2005. I bought TBWNN when it came out :o)
And Goosey sent me TMW and Good Feeling (it's very hard to find them in Argentina, esp. Good Feeling) in january. She rocks!!!! :o)

1922 Posted Tue 24 Jun, 2008 3:16 AM Quote
The first time I heard a Travis song was in Fall 2000. Travis doesn't get much airplay or other exposure here in Canada, but as I was following the UK charts, I was curious to know what Travis sounded like, since it seemed like The Man Who was near the top of the charts for a long time. I downloaded Why Does it Always Rain on Me?, and instantly liked it. I then downloaded the remainder of The Man Who and Good Feeling. My first physical purchase was The Invisible Band CD, which I pre-ordered. I later picked up Good Feeling and The Man Who on CD, and purchased the remaining CD's and DVD's at or near their release dates. I have also picked up the B-sides, of which many are as good as most other band's A-sides. I am now awaiting June 30th, and the arrival of my J. Smith limited edition, which I am hoping is signed, as noted in my e-mail confirmation.

drift-nina
drift-nina Posted Tue 24 Jun, 2008 3:17 AM Quote

Singles

rockviolet
rockviolet Posted Tue 24 Jun, 2008 8:27 AM Quote
the man who

超酷~

GMS1968
GMS1968 Posted Tue 24 Jun, 2008 10:45 AM Quote
The Man Who after hearing WDIAROM on holiday in cornwall.

Gladly (the cross-eyed bear)
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) Posted Tue 24 Jun, 2008 11:57 AM Quote
Good feeling the day after it was released in Hmv Sauciehall st Glasgow.

gingy
gingy Posted Tue 24 Jun, 2008 1:34 PM Quote
Good Feeling, April 4th 1999. Got mine off some bargain bin and paid RM20 (about 3 quid) for it =D

mozman68
mozman68 Posted Tue 24 Jun, 2008 4:44 PM Quote
I think I've told this story before.

Was in L.A. on business right before or right after The Man Who came out. Went to the Virgin store in Beverly Hills and bought about $300 worth of cd's, so they threw in their music sampler cd in with my purchase.

Driftwood was one of the songs on there...liked it so much I went back later and bought the first two albums....all the CD singles I could find were added later....blah blah blah....

Moray
Moray Posted Tue 24 Jun, 2008 4:50 PM Quote
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) wrote:
Good feeling the day after it was released in Hmv Sauciehall st Glasgow.

I'm going to out-old-school you sir. U16 girls CD single, summer of 1997 (can't remember when) in HMV Aberdeen on Union Street. It's not there anymore, it's now a G*Star shop.

I got Good Feeling a week after release for my 16th Birthday in Sept '97.

toonarmy
toonarmy Posted Tue 24 Jun, 2008 7:34 PM Quote
Good Feeling (original war child surf board cover)for my birthday 18th april '99 after seeing them at the Newcastle Arena at the 'Campaign for a living wage' gig supporting Ash.
Still one of the best albums I own and play regularly.

Pages Previous 1 [2] 3 4 Next All Times BST Current Time 9:20 AM