Travis

Re: anyone name their son Travis? ;)
TheInvisibleBoy
TheInvisibleBoy Posted Wed 18 Jun, 2008 5:05 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
I wouldn't call my boy Travis. Its a very rare name in England. To me, Travis is the name of my favourite band. Don't think I'd want my son to be a Travis. More likely I'd call him Fran. :)

Actually I agree, Travis is a pretty rare name in England but at the same time I love the band Travis and Travis Barker lol but yeah I think Fran is a really cool name so I'd probably choose Fran over Travis for my son if I ever have one. Travis might be his middle name lol.

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Thu 19 Jun, 2008 9:37 AM Quote
mozman68 wrote:
weirdmom wrote:
I didn't name my son that but I live in Austin, Texas (located in Travis County!) and the name Travis is super common here.

So the character from the movie Paris, Texas had a very real Texan type name.

You can say it....you just didn't want all of the hee-haws down there going, "OH MY GOD...just like Travis Tritt...HOW CUUUUUTE!!!!"

Pfff, more like Travis Pastrana!

Tonie
Tonie Posted Thu 19 Jun, 2008 10:59 PM Quote
Actually yes. I know someone who called their son (now 3 years old) Travis, specifically after this band! The dad loves the band, and the mum couldn't come up with an alternative- I guess she was preoccupied with other matters in the immediate aftermath of giving birth! :)

My 6 year old cat's called Travis, also named after the band. Does that count? He is my avatar.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Fri 20 Jun, 2008 3:05 AM Quote
Tonie wrote:
My 6 year old cat's called Travis, also named after the band. Does that count? He is my avatar.

I think it counts. Didn't know that. That's so cute. As is your kitty.

Tonie
Tonie Posted Fri 20 Jun, 2008 2:43 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
That's so cute. As is your kitty.

Thank you. As is yours!!!

Travis is one of 2 siblings. When we got them, I did try to call them Liam and Noel, but I was outvoted :)

Having 2 daughters, I was never going to achieve a human Travis, so Travis the moggy is a great alternative!

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Sat 21 Jun, 2008 3:09 AM Quote
Tonie wrote:
weirdmom wrote:
That's so cute. As is your kitty.

Thank you. As is yours!!!

Travis is one of 2 siblings. When we got them, I did try to call them Liam and Noel, but I was outvoted :)

Having 2 daughters, I was never going to achieve a human Travis, so Travis the moggy is a great alternative!

It would have been hilarious if you named them Liam and Noel and the fought all the time.

Thanks about my kitty. Not to be Debbie Downer but that's my cat Buster who got killed on Mother's Day. I miss him but it's nice to see his pic on here.

RaZzZ
RaZzZ Posted Sat 21 Jun, 2008 9:19 PM Quote
Well, i don´t like the name Travis to a boy, but definitely is a good name. I know some people with that name, adn yes, in Texas is a very popular name...

I prefer, the boy with no name xD

rebekah
rebekah Posted Sat 21 Jun, 2008 9:30 PM Quote
GOD YEAH!!!

i woulld sooo name my child Travis..i know it's an American name..but i just love it!!!!

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Sun 22 Jun, 2008 12:30 AM Quote
RaZzZ wrote:
Well, i don´t like the name Travis to a boy

So you'd name a girl Travis?

Tonie
Tonie Posted Sun 22 Jun, 2008 12:42 AM Quote
weirdmom wrote:

Thanks about my kitty. Not to be Debbie Downer but that's my cat Buster who got killed on Mother's Day. I miss him but it's nice to see his pic on here.

Oops. I apologise if I've put my foot in it. I'm very sorry to hear it too. Losing a pet is horrible.

Anyways, back to the subject. Am I the only person who knows a (human) Travis named after the band?

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Sun 22 Jun, 2008 2:58 AM Quote
Tonie wrote:
weirdmom wrote:

Oops. I apologise if I've put my foot in it. I'm very sorry to hear it too. Losing a pet is horrible.

Anyways, back to the subject. Am I the only person who knows a (human) Travis named after the band?

You didn't put your foot in your mouth at all- you just didn't know! I just wanted you to know so there wasn't some awkward question later about how my orange kitty is doing.

I do not know any human named after the band Travis. Considering how few people have even heard of Travis in Texas it would be quite shocking. Perhaps I could start pretending that small children I meet named Travis were named after the band.

The college age frat bags....they're just named Travis of their own accord.

Bellringer
Bellringer Posted Sun 22 Jun, 2008 4:54 AM Quote
Named my Ipod Travis....but if I had a son I'd name him Travis and a daughter Travissa or Fran

RadioMad
RadioMad Posted Tue 24 Jun, 2008 10:48 PM Quote
I'm considering naming my first born son Andy, whenever that may be :P

Trevour
Trevour Posted Wed 25 Jun, 2008 8:46 AM Quote
Well my real name is Trevour, yet many people have mistakenly called me Travis all my life.

Pages Previous 1 [2] All Times BST Current Time 6:08 AM