Travis

Re: My Travis discography project complete!
singme0430
singme0430 Posted Tue 22 Jul, 2008 2:35 AM Quote
I haven't read it all yet, but I found that you did Great Work. Well done!! ;) I'm very anxious to read it all and thank you!

Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Tue 22 Jul, 2008 9:47 PM Quote
Your work is very interesting and really enjoyable to read, well done you ! I need to read it all slowly but the bits I picked out on my first scan was 12 memories. I love the detail throughout , especially the bits I did not know , thanks for these.

Your commitment is inspirational :) Take a bow :)

Rallyfoeraren
Rallyfoeraren Posted Wed 23 Jul, 2008 8:35 PM Quote
Fran wrote:
This is pretty thorough, I feel you may go far in whatever you decide to do in your life.
One correction would be that Selfish Jean was one of the last songs written for The Boy With No Name. Closer was penned in New York in December 2005 I think. Maybe you get these two songs the wrong way round. Anyways wow... cool.
Oh...and to even hint at giving Coldplay credit for our change of direction is a terrible sin ;)
Great work.

Hey Fran, thanks for reading it! (I worried a little if a work like this would honur or just annoy the object of discussion, but it doesn't seem to be the latter at least, so I'm quite relieved.)
It feels kind of useless to argue with the artist himself about his songs, but as others have said here, you did play Closer several times in summer 2005. I remember listening to an mp3 of it back then as well. As for Selfish Jean, I didn't have that much background information to go on, and I've probably made some kind of mistake. I'll have to get back to my sources and check what went wrong.
(And of course I know that you're much more independent-minded than to just try and fit in neatly next to all other bands around.)
Again, huge thanks for taking your time and reading it! And thanks for commenting here as well, we'll hopefully have an improved version out soon. (And I'll try to choose something meaningful to do in my life. As for now, I have no idea.)

Rallyfoeraren
Rallyfoeraren Posted Wed 23 Jul, 2008 8:37 PM Quote
Rallyfoeraren wrote:
Fran wrote:
This is pretty thorough, I feel you may go far in whatever you decide to do in your life.
One correction would be that Selfish Jean was one of the last songs written for The Boy With No Name. Closer was penned in New York in December 2005 I think. Maybe you get these two songs the wrong way round. Anyways wow... cool.
Oh...and to even hint at giving Coldplay credit for our change of direction is a terrible sin ;)
Great work.

Hey Fran, thanks for reading it! (I worried a little if a work like this would honur or just annoy the object of discussion, but it doesn't seem to be the latter at least, so I'm quite relieved.)
It feels kind of useless to argue with the artist himself about his songs, but as others have said here, you did play Closer several times in summer 2005. I remember listening to an mp3 of it back then as well. As for Selfish Jean, I didn't have that much background information to go on, and I've probably made some kind of mistake. I'll have to get back to my sources and check what went wrong.
(And of course I know that you're much more independent-minded than to just try and fit in neatly next to all other bands around.)
Again, huge thanks for taking your time and reading it! And thanks for commenting here as well, we'll hopefully have an improved version out soon. (And I'll try to choose something meaningful to do in my life. As for now, I have no idea.)

Oh, and happy birthday of course! :-)

Rallyfoeraren
Rallyfoeraren Posted Wed 23 Jul, 2008 8:42 PM Quote
champagnesupernova wrote:
Wow, Rally! Good thing about checking on Fran's page is that I saw he replied to this thread and I happened to learn the work you have achieved. I didn't even know you were around in the new board.
GREAT work! Congratulations!
See, we should collaborate for my future Travis documentary, tee hee ;-)

No, I've always been a bit of a lurker, I suppose. Trying not to draw too much attention to myself, sometimes failing a little though...
Thanks, and I really hope you'll enjoy it now!
Just contact me for your documentary and I'll be right behind you! (Are you seriously thinking about making a documentary or am I just fooling myself here?)

nunesbiomg
nunesbiomg Posted Thu 24 Jul, 2008 1:01 AM Quote
Please guys....Come to Brazil!!! There're a lot of fans waiting for you...(includding me)...BRAZIL LOVE TRAVIS S2

mecarr
mecarr Posted Thu 24 Jul, 2008 1:20 PM Quote
Amazing piece of work!! Travisonline should add this to their website for downloading or something...It's really great.

Meridith
Meridith Posted Thu 24 Jul, 2008 3:14 PM Quote
Wow, great read...well done! Thanks for sharing this with all of us!

champagnesupernova
champagnesupernova Posted Thu 24 Jul, 2008 11:23 PM Quote
Rallyfoeraren wrote:
Wow, Rally! Good thing about checking on Fran's page is that I saw he replied to this thread and I happened to learn the work you have achieved. I didn't even know you were around in the new board.
GREAT work! Congratulations!
See, we should collaborate for my future Travis documentary, tee hee ;-)

No, I've always been a bit of a lurker, I suppose. Trying not to draw too much attention to myself, sometimes failing a little though...
Thanks, and I really hope you'll enjoy it now!
Just contact me for your documentary and I'll be right behind you! (Are you seriously thinking about making a documentary or am I just fooling myself here?)

We lurkers should have some kind of a sign on our profiles to let each other know we are actually lurking not away. he hee

No, no, no you are not fooling yourself!! I am serious but I need time. I will write you about this later. It is a dream for me and would be ace being teamed with you. :-)

Bruno
Bruno Posted Fri 25 Jul, 2008 1:38 PM Quote
This is awesome! I wish I could have your dedication. Congrats! You got yourself a huge fan now. Thank you for this great work.

And since you´ve got Fran´s trust now, tell him to come to Brazil. ha ha ha

Once more, congratulations!

Rallyfoeraren
Rallyfoeraren Posted Fri 25 Jul, 2008 1:46 PM Quote
Bruno wrote:
This is awesome! I wish I could have your dedication. Congrats! You got yourself a huge fan now. Thank you for this great work.

And since you´ve got Fran´s trust now, tell him to come to Brazil. ha ha ha

Once more, congratulations!

I wish I had a fax machine :)
And to have the foundation of a fanbase, that's so cool! Anyways, you should have thanks for reading it as well.

I won't tell Fran to go anywhere unless he comes to Sweden first! ;)

Rallyfoeraren
Rallyfoeraren Posted Fri 25 Jul, 2008 1:54 PM Quote
No, no, no you are not fooling yourself!! I am serious but I need time. I will write you about this later. It is a dream for me and would be ace being teamed with you. :-)

Cool! That sounds really exciting. I'd love to hear more about how/what you're intending to do (but I'm not gonna try to force anything out of you now unless you actually do have some plans you'd want to share). As I said, I'd love to contribute with whatever I might be able to do.

Fran
Fran Posted Fri 25 Jul, 2008 6:08 PM Quote
Hodgy wrote:
Hey Fran - you played Closer at some gigs in Summer 2005 didn't you? So maybe December 2004 when you wrote it?!

I think you may be right there... yes i guess it was the first song that was written for tbwnn... ok ok!
nobody likes a smart arse :)

Hodgy
Hodgy Posted Fri 25 Jul, 2008 7:55 PM Quote
Ha ha - OK, I have now removed my anorak! Its great that you bother to reply to people by the way - cheers!

yuzuki
yuzuki Posted Fri 25 Jul, 2008 9:19 PM Quote
Such a great work. Clap clap!
I still can't believe what you do.

Amazing.

Pages Previous 1 2 [3] 4 Next All Times UTC Current Time 10:44 AM