Travis

Re: My Travis discography project complete!
lost-angel
lost-angel Posted Sat 14 Jun, 2008 11:17 AM Quote

Can’t wait to read this one!

Without a doubt, once I get started on this I will not be able to stop reading. So I think it’s best to print this out before reading. My eyes can’t manage 65 pages of uninterrupted reading on a computer monitor.

Great job by the way!

Rallyfoeraren
Rallyfoeraren Posted Sat 14 Jun, 2008 11:56 AM Quote
lost-angel wrote:

Can’t wait to read this one!

Without a doubt, once I get started on this I will not be able to stop reading. So I think it’s best to print this out before reading. My eyes can’t manage 65 pages of uninterrupted reading on a computer monitor.

Great job by the way!

I know, reading from a computer screen makes me totally headachy and dizzy. (The fact that I haven't even printed it out myself is another possible source for mistakes.)

Thanks, and I really hope you'll like it!

Rallyfoeraren
Rallyfoeraren Posted Fri 18 Jul, 2008 5:00 PM Quote
I thought it might be time to bring up this old thread again. Has anyone read it? Any opinions? All kinds of comments are accepted, I want my work to end up as professional as possible (as "professional" as possible, more likely, but anyway). (Personally, I haven't looked at it for a month, so I've already forgotten half of it, but I'll remind myself, no problem.)

sebnemy
sebnemy Posted Sat 19 Jul, 2008 10:46 AM Quote
It sounds great but I cannot download it. I get the warning:
"The requested URL /download/50662823/4f2630a7/Travis-Disco__Hazy_Shades_of_Gold_.pdf was not found on this server."

Rallyfoeraren
Rallyfoeraren Posted Sun 20 Jul, 2008 3:21 AM Quote
sebnemy wrote:
"The requested URL /download/50662823/4f2630a7/Travis-Disco__Hazy_Shades_of_Gold_.pdf was not found on this server."

Even I just experienced the same problem! But I updated the file, and I think it should work now. (I have absolutely no idea about how it really works, but it seems alright.)

sebnemy
sebnemy Posted Sun 20 Jul, 2008 1:10 PM Quote
Now I have it. Thanks!

I will read it in the first chance i have. I do not know what you are studying but you can consider doing masters in humanities /cultural studies (you can tailor the topic to Travis and Travis fans as a postmodern tribe or stg). You have a lot of material and you have the patience to write it :)

Thanks again!

Rallyfoeraren
Rallyfoeraren Posted Sun 20 Jul, 2008 4:13 PM Quote
sebnemy wrote:
Now I have it. Thanks!

I will read it in the first chance i have. I do not know what you are studying but you can consider doing masters in humanities /cultural studies (you can tailor the topic to Travis and Travis fans as a postmodern tribe or stg). You have a lot of material and you have the patience to write it :)

Thanks again!

At the moment I'm actually not studying anything at all (I might have to update my profile, I realize). Anyway, I take your comment to me gladly. I think that youth culture and pop culture are really interesting themes (it's kind of like studying yourself, after all), and I might possibly get myself to study things like that eventually.

Thanks for your comment and don't hesitate to report any flaws!

Fran
Fran Posted Mon 21 Jul, 2008 1:14 AM Quote
This is pretty thorough, I feel you may go far in whatever you decide to do in your life.
One correction would be that Selfish Jean was one of the last songs written for The Boy With No Name. Closer was penned in New York in December 2005 I think. Maybe you get these two songs the wrong way round. Anyways wow... cool.
Oh...and to even hint at giving Coldplay credit for our change of direction is a terrible sin ;)
Great work.

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Mon 21 Jul, 2008 7:36 AM Quote
Rallyfoeraren wrote:
sebnemy wrote:

Even I just experienced the same problem! But I updated the file, and I think it should work now. (I have absolutely no idea about how it really works, but it seems alright.)

Thank you! I could download it now. I gave it a quick glance, reading a few bits and it looks awesome!!
You really worked hard on this. Thank you!!!

Hodgy
Hodgy Posted Mon 21 Jul, 2008 8:57 AM Quote
Hey Fran - you played Closer at some gigs in Summer 2005 didn't you? So maybe December 2004 when you wrote it?!

champagnesupernova
champagnesupernova Posted Mon 21 Jul, 2008 11:20 AM Quote
Wow, Rally! Good thing about checking on Fran's page is that I saw he replied to this thread and I happened to learn the work you have achieved. I didn't even know you were around in the new board.
GREAT work! Congratulations!
See, we should collaborate for my future Travis documentary, tee hee ;-)

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Mon 21 Jul, 2008 11:35 AM Quote
Hodgy wrote:
Hey Fran - you played Closer at some gigs in Summer 2005 didn't you? So maybe December 2004 when you wrote it?!

Lol!

Nikki
Nikki Posted Mon 21 Jul, 2008 12:44 PM Quote
I printed it out last night and read everything through The Invisible Band intro and WOW! Really impressive! I've discovered a few things I never knew about some of the songs. Can't wait to finish it. :)

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Mon 21 Jul, 2008 7:30 PM Quote
Hodgy wrote:

HAHA. That is correct. T In The Park 2005 for sure. :)

bogusblue
bogusblue Posted Mon 21 Jul, 2008 7:41 PM Quote
Yeah, great work! I just downloaded it and read a few parts, and it's pretty awesome. Can't wait to read it all :o).

Pages Previous 1 [2] 3 4 Next All Times BST Current Time 9:14 PM