Travis

My Travis discography project complete!
Rallyfoeraren
Rallyfoeraren Posted Mon 09 Jun, 2008 2:21 PM Quote
This is what I've been working on this winter and spring. I finished it over a month ago, and meant to put it up here earlier, but the weather has been so hot, and I was a bit exhausted from the last weeks in school etc. Anyway, now that Travis are about to release a new single, my work will lose a bit of its up-to-dateness (that's a word from the dictionary btw), so I thought I'd better hurry up and post it.

Some of you have heard of this throughout the year, when I've asked for help on the board. What I've tried to do is write a complete discography on Travis with facts on all their albums and songs. (For most songs there were no facts, and I've done my best to fill up the spaces with empty words.) However, I would be surprised if everything I've written is totally correct, so if you read it (which would surprise me as well) and find any errors of any kind, please tell me.

As is usual with books on music, I've taken the title from a song and used it for my "book". I chose "Hazy Shades of Gold", as I think that's an appropriate description of the Travis discography.

Here it is. Have fun!

Re: My Travis discography project complete!
BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Mon 09 Jun, 2008 2:42 PM Quote
Can't read it now but I look forward to reading it later on. I'm sure we can help fill in some gaps! :)

And J Smith isn't a single as such. We should find out what the single is this week. :) Hopefully.

irenesfor
irenesfor Posted Mon 09 Jun, 2008 3:00 PM Quote
Wow, it's great!! Well done! It's very useful and interesting =D

Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Mon 09 Jun, 2008 4:18 PM Quote
Wow a lot of work has gone into this, well done. :D

I've browsed through and there is one mistake. You've put that Flowers in the Window charted at number 38. It actually did much better: it reached 18. http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x66/Jearoon2/Smilies/1-Smile.gif

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Mon 09 Jun, 2008 4:50 PM Quote
Oohh, the link's not working for me :o(

Rallyfoeraren
Rallyfoeraren Posted Mon 09 Jun, 2008 10:52 PM Quote
Typing to Reach You wrote:

I've browsed through and there is one mistake. You've put that Flowers in the Window charted at number 38. It actually did much better: it reached 18. http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x66/Jearoon2/Smilies/1-Smile.gif

F***, you're right. I remember it now, though. I must have looked at chart position for "Happy", as I drew a kind of comparison between the chart position of FITW and that of the GF singles, and somehow got a bit confused. "18" and "38", they look a bit similiar, don't they? But thanks, anyway! I'll wait and see if any other mistakes drop in, and I'll put up a polished re-vised edition.

Rallyfoeraren
Rallyfoeraren Posted Mon 09 Jun, 2008 10:57 PM Quote
irenesfor wrote:
Wow, it's great!! Well done! It's very useful and interesting =D

Thanks! My goal was always to get some compliments from real Travis fans. :-)

And for those of you who can't download it... Well, I just joined the site, and I don't really know how it works. Hopefully there'll be a solution later on.

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Mon 09 Jun, 2008 11:44 PM Quote
Jeez man! This is fantastic. :) So much to read. A lot more than i thought there would be. I'm going to look forward to reading this for sure. I'll print it off and read it soon. If i find anything that might be wrong, i'll message you and we can discuss!

Well done! :)

EDIT: I said i'd print it off but i just realised... 65 pages. Mmmm, i might not. But i'll definitely read it and i'll probably print off version 2. :)

Rallyfoeraren
Rallyfoeraren Posted Tue 10 Jun, 2008 10:54 AM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
I said i'd print it off but i just realised... 65 pages. Mmmm, i might not. But i'll definitely read it and i'll probably print off version 2. :)

I know, it might have gone a little out of hand without me realizing it... I haven't even got a printed version of it myself. I really hope you'll like it, it would be great to get some feedback (of any kind).

Rallyfoeraren
Rallyfoeraren Posted Tue 10 Jun, 2008 11:02 AM Quote
Rallyfoeraren wrote:
Typing to Reach You wrote:

F***, you're right. I remember it now, though. I must have looked at chart position for "Happy", as I drew a kind of comparison between the chart position of FITW and that of the GF singles, and somehow got a bit confused. "18" and "38", they look a bit similiar, don't they? But thanks, anyway! I'll wait and see if any other mistakes drop in, and I'll put up a polished re-vised edition.

Actually, I've already updated the file now (available from the same link, I hope). That was just such an annoying mistake.

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Tue 10 Jun, 2008 12:09 PM Quote
Rallyfoeraren wrote:
BenFilbert wrote:
I said i'd print it off but i just realised... 65 pages. Mmmm, i might not. But i'll definitely read it and i'll probably print off version 2. :)

I know, it might have gone a little out of hand without me realizing it... I haven't even got a printed version of it myself. I really hope you'll like it, it would be great to get some feedback (of any kind).

Well, I started reading and it looks fantastic. So throughout the next week, I'll read it all, and I'll definitely get back to you. :)

Sky-Blue Puppy
Sky-Blue Puppy Posted Tue 10 Jun, 2008 5:10 PM Quote
Oh, wow! This looks more like a small book than just a school project. Very impressive!

I'm very sorry i don't have the time right now to read it from cover to cover, but from just skimming through it i already found new information for me, e.g. i had never heard of the caterpillars and butterflies story of Driftwood :) I'm sure i'll discover lots of other intresting stuff from there.

Thank you for creating this amazing piece of work and for sharing it with us! :)

Rallyfoeraren
Rallyfoeraren Posted Wed 11 Jun, 2008 11:25 AM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
Well, I started reading and it looks fantastic. So throughout the next week, I'll read it all, and I'll definitely get back to you. :)

Cheers! I'm looking forward to it. :-)

Rallyfoeraren
Rallyfoeraren Posted Wed 11 Jun, 2008 11:29 AM Quote
Sky-Blue Puppy wrote:
Oh, wow! This looks more like a small book than just a school project. Very impressive!

I'm very sorry i don't have the time right now to read it from cover to cover, but from just skimming through it i already found new information for me, e.g. i had never heard of the caterpillars and butterflies story of Driftwood :) I'm sure i'll discover lots of other intresting stuff from there.

Thank you for creating this amazing piece of work and for sharing it with us! :)

I'm glad you like it! I was a bit worried that I might have twisted my brain in vain, but now it doesn't seem like it. :)

MusicGirl99
MusicGirl99 Posted Thu 12 Jun, 2008 12:50 AM Quote
Well done. :) When I have a moment I'll be sure to read it all.

Pages [1] 2 3 4 Next All Times BST Current Time 3:44 PM