Travis

J. Smith 10 Inch
Fran
Fran Posted Fri 06 Jun, 2008 12:05 AM Quote
Good Evening all,
We had planned to make this a bit more interesting for everyone, revealing art work and leaving you wondering what the hell it was all about, maybe some of you making the All I Want To Do Is Rock connection with the image, maybe some deducing that after 12 years lying dormant, Red Telephone Box records, the label that brought you that very first Travis release would rise up and deliver something new, something very exciting.
Well we had planned all that but someone at an online record store decided that they would make the announcement for us by sending out the art work, release date and pretty much everything we were about to announce. Kind of like some random person overhearing that you are going to have a baby and then telling everyone before you get the chance...
Whatever...
Red Telephone Box has awoken. Travis are back with a new release. Some of you have heard it, some have abstained. We thought it would be a nice touch to release it in the same way as we released our very first song All I Want To Do Is Rock 12 years ago (to the month) . In a limited edition 10 inch vinyl.
We thought, seeing as I had designed the first cover, I should design the second. I thought that it should connect with the first, and as the first looked like some strange geometric flower pre bloom, the second should unfurl into full bloom. Plus it will look great with your ltd edition 10 inch of All I Want To Do Is Rock (if you were lucky enough to have one)
There are lots more cool stuff and announcements coming next week. Watch this space. We'll try and make sure it's us that let you know.
Oh by the way, this is not the OFFICIAL first single, rather a nice little ripple in the water before Godzilla awakens.

Re: J. Smith 10 Inch
BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Fri 06 Jun, 2008 12:10 AM Quote
Oh jeez. That must be really frustrating for you guys. I hate it when something like that happens.

You'll be pleased to hear that we're all very excited though Fran and can't wait to see what you've got for us next! Haha. It's great to be a fan of Travis, you're so good to us. :)

Also, is this the official first single off of Ode To J Smith then because the board has been confused as to whether this was the single or just a bonus present for us lucky enough to get one.

Thanks Fran! :)

EDIT!: Haha, thanks for answering Fran! :)

minnmess
minnmess Posted Fri 06 Jun, 2008 12:15 AM Quote
I'm excited for all of the news! But that does suck that it was released by someone else!
Can't wait for all the exiting news to come...

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Fri 06 Jun, 2008 12:18 AM Quote
dynamic use of three colors , fuckin rad

SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Fri 06 Jun, 2008 12:34 AM Quote
Thank you, Fran! I'm sorry you didn't get to announce this the way you had planned. Still very exciting though, and I love your album art! Can't wait to get this!

Safe Side
Safe Side Posted Fri 06 Jun, 2008 12:41 AM Quote
Great news ....almost makes up for me being outbid on the AIWDIR 10" on ebay last week, cant wait for next weeks news

carlottarocks
carlottarocks Posted Fri 06 Jun, 2008 1:29 AM Quote
Fran wrote:

a nice little ripple in the water before Godzilla awakens.

Love it, bring on Godzilla!

heyjude
heyjude Posted Fri 06 Jun, 2008 1:31 AM Quote
Thanks for the news, Fran! This is a great way for us fans to start the summer :-)

20462046 Posted Fri 06 Jun, 2008 2:14 AM Quote
Fran wrote:
rather a nice little ripple in the water before Godzilla awakens.

great news!!!
love this EP cover,like a samsara!!!
fran.would you please leak a little bite clue about when would the Godzilla wake up?
though i know it is drawing near.waiting for uncertainty almost drive me crazy!!!

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Fri 06 Jun, 2008 2:18 AM Quote
Fran wrote:
Kind of like some random person overhearing that you are going to have a baby and then telling everyone before you get the chance...

You're having a baby???

I kid, but maybe I shouldn't. Anyway, thanks for the update and sorry that you didn't get to break the news. Geez, first J. Smith and now this. What's up with people scooping Travis?

I look forward to what news you'll share with us next week. I hope it involves a concert in Austin, Texas. Preferably my backyard.

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Fri 06 Jun, 2008 2:29 AM Quote
20462046 wrote:
great news!!!
fran.would you please leak a little bite clue about when would the Godzilla wake up?
though i know it is drawing near.waiting for uncertainty almost drive me crazy!!!

Not that I know obviously but it seems obvious that we'll be getting the release date next week! :) I guess September 8th! :)

20462046 Posted Fri 06 Jun, 2008 2:36 AM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
20462046 wrote:
great news!!!

Not that I know obviously but it seems obvious that we'll be getting the release date next week! :) I guess September 8th! :)

great!!!
let's hold the breath,waiting for more exciting news in the coming week!!!

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Fri 06 Jun, 2008 4:14 AM Quote
Well I haven't seen "the leak" yet, so at least for me, it's a suprise directly from you, Fran!!!
Thank you so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm so excited!!!!!
I need to go see the artwork and everything now, bye!

jesusaremus
jesusaremus Posted Fri 06 Jun, 2008 5:27 AM Quote
that's bad, i understand that, that's frustrating, when you have a great new to tell everyone, and you are excited to say it, and then, someone say it before you is like "fuck!!!!".
But we will wait to godzilla :)

GMS1968
GMS1968 Posted Fri 06 Jun, 2008 5:44 AM Quote
How cool is this!
I've not long woke up, but does this mean that this will be the first single later on, or what?
Stay tuned next week eh.
Goes off to work very happy. :-)

Pages [1] 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Times UTC Current Time 4:43 PM