Travis

rare travis stuff here
Michael Coates
Michael Coates Posted Tue 27 May, 2008 7:44 PM Quote
hi guys, i don't think any of you know me but i was on the original board and have been a travis fan since good feeling.

my cousin has been battling cancer for some time now so i decided i would run for the yorkshire cancer research charity at the great north run, it's a half marathon in newcastle and i want to raise as much as possible. i figured i would sell off all cds since they never get played anymore but no one buys cds on ebay these days and i had to rethink. basically the only things i have that could raise money are my rare items and just recently they don't seem so important. as a result i will sell them to help the cause i am running for cos i'm too shit poor to donate anything worthwhile myself. i'm lucky enough to own one of the 10" vinyls of all i want to do is rock (red telephone box) and a few bits and bobs people might fancy like the five good feelings promo cd, the singles promo cd from the man who and a cd copy of good feeling straight from the studio. i don't exactly know what it is except it's on a sony printed disc (says sony music holland, source: mc master on the attached label).

i'm not a dick, i'm not trying to make lots of cash out of this, i'm just trying to help a very good cause so if anyone wants to make an offer for these then please do so below, i don't know if i should be putting them on ebay or not. anyway they do mean more to me than most things i own but right now i have a goal and i want to exceed that. i recently raised over £100 doing the great manchester run but i want to go way beyond that this time and sponsorship only brings in so much.

part of me would be happy if people weren't interested but i know these could be in demand. the 10" is signed to me and means a great deal, it originally cost me £40 back in the day which was a shit load (!) - god knows what it's worth these days.

thanks for reading
Michael

Re: rare travis stuff here
the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Tue 27 May, 2008 8:06 PM Quote
Michael Coates wrote:
hi guys, i don't think any of you know me but i was on the original board and have been a travis fan since good feeling.

my cousin has been battling cancer for some time now so i decided i would run for the yorkshire cancer research charity at the great north run, it's a half marathon in newcastle and i want to raise as much as possible. i figured i would sell off all cds since they never get played anymore but no one buys cds on ebay these days and i had to rethink. basically the only things i have that could raise money are my rare items and just recently they don't seem so important. as a result i will sell them to help the cause i am running for cos i'm too shit poor to donate anything worthwhile myself. i'm lucky enough to own one of the 10" vinyls of all i want to do is rock (red telephone box) and a few bits and bobs people might fancy like the five good feelings promo cd, the singles promo cd from the man who and a cd copy of good feeling straight from the studio. i don't exactly know what it is except it's on a sony printed disc (says sony music holland, source: mc master on the attached label).

i'm not a dick, i'm not trying to make lots of cash out of this, i'm just trying to help a very good cause so if anyone wants to make an offer for these then please do so below, i don't know if i should be putting them on ebay or not. anyway they do mean more to me than most things i own but right now i have a goal and i want to exceed that. i recently raised over £100 doing the great manchester run but i want to go way beyond that this time and sponsorship only brings in so much.

part of me would be happy if people weren't interested but i know these could be in demand. the 10" is signed to me and means a great deal, it originally cost me £40 back in the day which was a shit load (!) - god knows what it's worth these days.

thanks for reading
Michael

Hi Michael, it's nice of you to come back! First of all, congratulations on doing the Manchester run, and I hope you do raise lots of money for your charity. Also best wishes to your cousin, and I hope they can keep fighting.

I'm not rolling in cash myself, but you have some great stuff. I would put them on ebay for a couple of weeks with a high reserve, and if it's met then great. If not, you'll have to see what you can do on here. Have you got any slightly less impressive things that you would sell for a bit less?

Good luck!

Michael Coates
Michael Coates Posted Tue 27 May, 2008 8:21 PM Quote
i used to have loads of stuff but sold or gave away any duplicates i had ages ago to needy fans, unfortunately lots of things i loved got thrown out by my mum! i have every cd single still that stayed in storage if anyone is interested but i would've thought most people would have these?

i'll ebay them and post the links here shortly - cheers for the advice.

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Tue 27 May, 2008 10:34 PM Quote
I think you're a bit overconfident about the commitment of some of us here, much though I would love the singles collection, I've never got round to starting to collect. I'm sure someone would be interested in those. Maybe I would, but again I'm not sure.

Given that you've been a fan of Travis for more albums than most, do you reckon J Smith is going to relaunch them? Are you even mildly excited or does the sixth time get a bit boring? :)

Michael Coates
Michael Coates Posted Thu 29 May, 2008 11:02 PM Quote
the boy with a cryptic name wrote:
I think you're a bit overconfident about the commitment of some of us here, much though I would love the singles collection, I've never got round to starting to collect. I'm sure someone would be interested in those. Maybe I would, but again I'm not sure.

Given that you've been a fan of Travis for more albums than most, do you reckon J Smith is going to relaunch them? Are you even mildly excited or does the sixth time get a bit boring? :)

I'm very excited, i sit at home and listen to my travis cds as often as ever, i think they are one of the best British bands ever and Fran is one of the nicest guys i've ever met and i'm very proud that whenever i see him he remembers me and treats me like a friend. i'll always support travis and buy their albums - i haven't been disappointed yet!

here are the links, hopefully people will be interested!

Very rare 10" All I Want To Do Is Rock on Red Telephone Records
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=160245891518&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=006

Five Good Feelings promo cd
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=160245892842&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=006

The Singles - The Man Who promo cd
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=160245893778&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=006

Esteban
Esteban Posted Fri 30 May, 2008 2:25 AM Quote
Hello Coates, small world. I need some singles to complete my collection and it's for an excellent cause and I know you've slogged your guts out with your training for these runs , PM me here or AJ and let me know what you've got, how much you want for it, and I'll try and help. Does paypal suit? For what it's worth mate, the record that's signed personally to you would be one I'd keep, it'll never mean to someone else what it probably means to you.

Tonie
Tonie Posted Fri 30 May, 2008 3:29 PM Quote
Michael:

First of all, Esteban's right, whatever you do don't sell the signed track.

Meantime, if you've got an online donation page, please provide the link. That way people can give, should they choose to, potentially saving you your record collection - kills 2 birds with one stone, I think!!!

All those free downloads in the other thread shouldn't be entirely free! :) (see the Travis downloads thread)

Good luck with your run, and best wishes to your cousin. You have my utmost respect and admiration.

(edit: ps. yes, I remember your name from the old board!:))

lesley
lesley Posted Sun 15 Jun, 2008 5:51 PM Quote
how did you get on with making some money? need anything else taken off your hands? (don't ell the signed stuff!!)

paul_c
paul_c Posted Sun 15 Jun, 2008 5:57 PM Quote
Hey man. Hope you did well with raising money for Cancer Reasearch (great cause!)

Do you by any chance still have the original copy of Good Feeling floating about?

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Sun 15 Jun, 2008 6:54 PM Quote
Hello. How are you? Just thought I'd say I hope everything went ok/is going ok.

People are right. Sad to lose signed things. Try and keep them if you possibly can. :) Well done.

Fran
Fran Posted Sun 15 Jun, 2008 7:21 PM Quote
Hey Michael, that is some bad news for you. So sorry to hear. People, buy this guys stuff. He is legit and a top chap. Good luck with the run, man and don't be a stranger... always great to see an old face.

Esteban
Esteban Posted Sun 15 Jun, 2008 9:17 PM Quote
He's alright, for a Miller ;-)

Without wanting to speak for Coates (I know he's having a clearout of stuff so you all need to act schnell schnell schnell), I appear to have first dibs on his CD singles that I don't already have, the rest of it's probably still up for grabs though.

Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Sun 15 Jun, 2008 11:10 PM Quote
Michael, do you have anything set up where people can sponsor you for your run online? Using paypal for instance? I've seen people raise a fair bit that way. Anyway, if you do something like that, I'll sponsor you.

nesmap
nesmap Posted Sun 15 Jun, 2008 11:21 PM Quote
Esteban wrote:
He's alright, for a Miller ;-)

Without wanting to speak for Coates (I know he's having a clearout of stuff so you all need to act schnell schnell schnell), I appear to have first dibs on his CD singles that I don't already have, the rest of it's probably still up for grabs though.

He supports Rotherham? Damn, that's unlucky, what with their recent troubles an' all :s

I'd take some stuff off your hands too mate. Although as I'm at uni I have no idea what I have and what I don't. I shall have to get back to ya on that.

All the best with everything though!

Moray
Moray Posted Mon 16 Jun, 2008 12:16 AM Quote
Hi Michael - why don't you keep a hold of the All I want to do is Rock 10", I wouldn't like to see such a big fan sell something that must be so dear to them

How about instead signing up to Just Giving.com so we can all sponsor you online next time you do a run?? Post the link, and that way we can all chip in with cash. Anything for a good cause.

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 9:28 AM