Travis

Re: THE OFFICIAL FLAT TRAVIS PROJECT THREAD
minnmess
minnmess Posted Wed 21 May, 2008 12:13 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
mili wrote:

Is FT water/splashproof? A thin layer of see-through self-adhesive plastic (kind used for covering books) might do the trick. If it's just paper it'll wear out very quickly. For light backing maybe thin foam-filled cardboard (I don't know what it's in English, Kapaline?)?

FT is splashproof. I wouldn't take a bath with them, but a little water should wipe off easily. Foam core is what we call what you are talking about. I'm not sure what it's made of...my husband is a graphic designer and works at a display place and he printed it there. It's like a very heavy-duty photo, with a gray backing. *Don is on the phone now: "It's a poly film," he says, "They're built to party."

Dammit! There goes my plans for a bubble bath with the boys! :D

Hanne
Hanne Posted Wed 21 May, 2008 12:27 PM Quote
I'd love to get a visit here in Denmark, but I don't have a digital cam, so I can't take any pictures of any adventures *sigh*

I wonder what Flat Travis would think about being taken to see Mark Knopfler? hmmm..

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Wed 21 May, 2008 12:40 PM Quote
Hanne wrote:
I'd love to get a visit here in Denmark, but I don't have a digital cam, so I can't take any pictures of any adventures *sigh*

I wonder what Flat Travis would think about being taken to see Mark Knopfler? hmmm..

You could do a video. If you can't borrow someone's camera you could still get them online. At least here you can get film pictures put on a CD and then you can upload them as if they are digital.

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Wed 21 May, 2008 12:43 PM Quote
hey weird mommy , take em to the salt lick in driftwood , possible site of the full fledge american boardie convention

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Wed 21 May, 2008 12:56 PM Quote
Hanne wrote:

Do you have access to a scanner? You could scan and post. Or as Anne said, you could probably get them put on CD when you have them developed.

Hanne
Hanne Posted Wed 21 May, 2008 1:06 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:

You could do a video. If you can't borrow someone's camera you could still get them online. At least here you can get film pictures put on a CD and then you can upload them as if they are digital.

Oh you can do all that here as well, if you have the camera... My brother does have a camera, and he's going to the concert BUT it's a huge, semi-professional camera so I'm fairly certain they won't let him take it.

I wonder if it would be ok to take Flat Travis somewhere else than gigs - then I could borrow his camera and take them for a walk in the park lol

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Wed 21 May, 2008 1:15 PM Quote
Hanne wrote:
weirdmom wrote:

Oh you can do all that here as well, if you have the camera... My brother does have a camera, and he's going to the concert BUT it's a huge, semi-professional camera so I'm fairly certain they won't let him take it.

I wonder if it would be ok to take Flat Travis somewhere else than gigs - then I could borrow his camera and take them for a walk in the park lol

You can take them wherever you want. The main thing is to see the sights around where you live. Make it personal.
I don't know if they have these everywhere, but here you can buy disposable cameras that you just use one time and get developed and they're not expensive at all.

Hanne
Hanne Posted Wed 21 May, 2008 1:21 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:

You can take them wherever you want. The main thing is to see the sights around where you live. Make it personal.
I don't know if they have these everywhere, but here you can buy disposable cameras that you just use one time and get developed and they're not expensive at all.

Yeah well I've got an old-fashioned camera with a roll of film in it, it'd just be easier with a digital one...
Sorry if I'm a bit dim, but do I just print them out and take pictures? lol

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Wed 21 May, 2008 1:24 PM Quote
Hanne wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

Yeah well I've got an old-fashioned camera with a roll of film in it, it'd just be easier with a digital one...
Sorry if I'm a bit dim, but do I just print them out and take pictures? lol

No, Flat Travis will be mailed to you, then you send it to the next person, and so on.

Hanne
Hanne Posted Wed 21 May, 2008 1:26 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:

No, Flat Travis will be mailed to you, then you send it to the next person, and so on.

Aaahhh... Thanks for enlightening me lol

Well, I'm in. I'll find a way to post pictures :o)

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Wed 21 May, 2008 2:36 PM Quote
ricv64 wrote:
hey weird mommy , take em to the salt lick in driftwood , possible site of the full fledge american boardie convention

A stop in Driftwood is definitely in my mind. There are sooo many Travis references around here (since Austin is in Travis County) that it's almost too easy.

lidia_bj
lidia_bj Posted Wed 21 May, 2008 3:12 PM Quote
Add me to the list please

I'm from Bolivia

Chiito-chan
Chiito-chan Posted Wed 21 May, 2008 6:42 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:
Guess who just arriiiiiiiiiived?! :D

http://i27.tinypic.com/2quhkki.jpg

Hey, this is so cute!

mili
mili Posted Wed 21 May, 2008 6:57 PM Quote
Hanne wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

My camera is a film one, too. So when FT comes here I'll take pictures, get the film developed, scan the pictures, find a home for them… You might get to see the Helsinki leg about 2 months later.

Hanne
Hanne Posted Wed 21 May, 2008 7:07 PM Quote
mili wrote:

My camera is a film one, too. So when FT comes here I'll take pictures, get the film developed, scan the pictures, find a home for them… You might get to see the Helsinki leg about 2 months later.

Yay, I'm not alone! lol

Pages Previous 1...2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Times UTC Current Time 10:22 AM