Travis

Re: J Smith on KCRW Morning Becomes Electic
the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Sun 04 May, 2008 12:19 PM Quote
yulen10 wrote:
Could anyone upload the song in a different page where this f+++++g cat doesn´t appear...? thanks.

^^ That's gratitude for you.

Sorry about the cats, but I'm sure you can cope.

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Sun 04 May, 2008 12:24 PM Quote
Yeah, good point. When you hear the album you'll hear that they could have somehow stuck the first 4 together to make something truly epic. Such an exhilarating start to the album. Then of course, they'd have to stick another couple of songs on the album. That's how Paranoid Android came about. They had 3 songs they had no idea what to do with so they stuck them together... lol Cool if Travis did this on album 7.

Though I still think its a positive. It might not be as long or epic but it still has that sound. And that's why I think it could be a good single. Still make people sit up and listen. :)

Mikko85
Mikko85 Posted Sun 04 May, 2008 1:22 PM Quote
Gotta be careful here because I expected Selfish Jean to 'make people sit up and take notice', and it.....didn't, really. But I agree. It's so different from what people expect of cosy, happy, radio friendly Travis - and yet it sounds original, not at all pretentious and equally is that bit different from anything else in the charts at the moment. Part single, part statement of intent. If the aim's to win new fans instead of 'just' pleasing existing ones like I think TBWNN did; it's a great start.

yulen10
yulen10 Posted Sun 04 May, 2008 1:35 PM Quote
the boy with a cryptic name wrote:
yulen10 wrote:
Could anyone upload the song in a different page where this f+++++g cat doesn´t appear...? thanks.

^^ That's gratitude for you.

Sorry about the cats, but I'm sure you can cope.

The fact is that the cats make difficult to get the song. Maybe there are another reasons.. But anyway... I think you didn´t understand the essence of the question, you did it in a wrong way.

ashleya92
ashleya92 Posted Sun 04 May, 2008 3:03 PM Quote
now that i've heard it i can say: i love it.. it's really cool... well done guys^^

pocketchange78
pocketchange78 Posted Sun 04 May, 2008 3:44 PM Quote
Like it overall, but, truthfully, the choir portion doesn't really do it for me, though I do give them kudos for doing something different that they've never done, and it makes me really excited to hear their new album.

Just being honest. I don't see this song bumping any of the others on my long list of Travis favorites anytime soon, but maybe it will grow on me.

Francy78
Francy78 Posted Sun 04 May, 2008 4:56 PM Quote
Ok guys I know I'm late but I was never home these days. I'm not able to download it from the cat site... can anyone send it to me I'd be very grateful and happy...! thanks...

Francy78
Francy78 Posted Sun 04 May, 2008 5:03 PM Quote
nevermind... I won the battle with the cat now I'm listening.........! thanks anyway

imkatatonic
imkatatonic Posted Sun 04 May, 2008 5:43 PM Quote
Could anyone send me the mp3 file, please? I cannot get through the security code on Rapidshare..please :$

imkatatonic@gmail.com

I'll really appreciate it :)

Lucile
Lucile Posted Sun 04 May, 2008 5:54 PM Quote
imkatatonic wrote:
Could anyone send me the mp3 file, please? I cannot get through the security code on Rapidshare..please :$

imkatatonic@gmail.com

Done :)

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Sun 04 May, 2008 5:58 PM Quote
yulen10 wrote:

The fact is that the cats make difficult to get the song. Maybe there are another reasons.. But anyway... I think you didn´t understand the essence of the question, you did it in a wrong way.

I don't want to turn this into a slanging match, but I was trying to say that it was nice of me to upload it in the first place, don't you think?

Anyway, I have a new link, but I'll PM it to you because I'm meant to be trying to get rid of the links now...

Hanne
Hanne Posted Sun 04 May, 2008 6:27 PM Quote
Thanks for the link, and what a great song it is :oD

imkatatonic
imkatatonic Posted Sun 04 May, 2008 6:42 PM Quote
Lucile wrote:
imkatatonic wrote:

imkatatonic@gmail.com

Done :)

Hey, THANK YOU :D:D:D

soniahearttravis
soniahearttravis Posted Sun 04 May, 2008 7:11 PM Quote
benfilbert, as a matter of curiosity, you keep referring to the ENTIRE new album. have you somehow heard it already? (this is me waiting with bated breath) if so, do you know when the rest of us will get it? thanks! soniahearttravis

brenda_94_56
brenda_94_56 Posted Sun 04 May, 2008 7:25 PM Quote
awesome!!!!!! :)

Pages Previous 1...12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 Next All Times UTC Current Time 8:51 AM