Travis

Re: Question about the TRAVIS logo! Just out of curiosity. H
Aletways
Aletways Posted Fri 02 May, 2008 9:04 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:
heich wrote:
Black Rebel Motorcycle Club is making use of that too

Boooo to the Black Rebel Motorcycle Club!! (What is that, a band?...Sounds like a Detroit She-Devil rival gang, lol) Those copy cats.

I thought the same when I first heard about them a couple of months ago (from Ric I guess)! Lol! They played recently here in Buenos Aires. I didn't know they were using the Travis font (it looks more like the Travis version of the Avant Garde), not a very cool thing to do!

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Sat 03 May, 2008 12:21 AM Quote
Nikki wrote:
heich wrote:
Black Rebel Motorcycle Club is making use of that too

Boooo to the Black Rebel Motorcycle Club!! (What is that, a band?...Sounds like a Detroit She-Devil rival gang, lol) Those copy cats.

HOLY shit i can't believe you wrote that , they're nice guys. they got their name from the Wild One , Brandos gang . Lee Marvins gang was the Beetles

champagnesupernova
champagnesupernova Posted Sat 10 May, 2008 4:38 PM Quote
Bump (sorry for that but curiosity kills you know)

So who have crated the logo? Anyone?

Fran
Fran Posted Sat 10 May, 2008 10:07 PM Quote
Champers it is the avante garde that was used. Mark Tappin from Blue Source and now half of Tappin Gofton designed the logo making use of the "A' and the "V". Everyone uses this font now. It is everywhere but it will always look the coolest with this A V thing going on. I remember seeing a mock up of the writing to reach you art work with the new type face and getting really excited. Mark is also responsible for all of Coldplays covers and Tappin Gofton did the Feeling's first album artwork ( I hasten to say that they were not responsible for the current Feeling artwork) WHat else did they do ummm they did the RUmble Strips and they do The Young Knives and they do the Chemical Brothers...

champagnesupernova
champagnesupernova Posted Sat 10 May, 2008 11:15 PM Quote
Fran wrote:
Champers it is the avante garde that was used. Mark Tappin from Blue Source and now half of Tappin Gofton designed the logo making use of the "A' and the "V". Everyone uses this font now. It is everywhere but it will always look the coolest with this A V thing going on. I remember seeing a mock up of the writing to reach you art work with the new type face and getting really excited. Mark is also responsible for all of Coldplays covers and Tappin Gofton did the Feeling's first album artwork ( I hasten to say that they were not responsible for the current Feeling artwork) WHat else did they do ummm they did the RUmble Strips and they do The Young Knives and they do the Chemical Brothers...

Awesome!! I agree on the A - V thing. That's where the aesthetics is showing off, definitely.

Btw, I've LOVED that Chemical Brothers logo ever. Genius! And Young Knives' 'Voices of Animals and Men' and The Feeling's first album have similar fonts. It all makes sense now. Eternal lightness of enlightenment.

Ask and you shall receive. tee hee Cheers, Fran!

Delia24Oct07
Delia24Oct07 Posted Sat 10 May, 2008 11:17 PM Quote
Fran wrote:

Wow, you can never learn enough! That's very interesting for it made me curious when I read in this thread! Thank you for taking the time to answer, Fran!

Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Sat 10 May, 2008 11:21 PM Quote
I'd love to be an album artwork maker-type person. That would be an awesome job. Think I'd have to brush up on the ol' photoshop skills first though...

Gosse
Gosse Posted Sun 11 May, 2008 7:33 PM Quote
champagnesupernova wrote:
Fran wrote:

Awesome!! I agree on the A - V thing. That's where the aesthetics is showing off, definitely.

Btw, I've LOVED that Chemical Brothers logo ever. Genius! And Young Knives' 'Voices of Animals and Men' and The Feeling's first album have similar fonts. It all makes sense now. Eternal lightness of enlightenment.

Ask and you shall receive. tee hee Cheers, Fran!

Hi Champers!!

This logo-thing is quite interesting, I think - in the way band's names become logos. Just like Travis... I love the A-V-thing. It's just so beautiful in it's simplicuty, it's Travis and would be hard to get used to another typo.

But that day will might come... or?

Think of bands like belgians dEUS, Radiohead, The Verve, Suede, Blur, Oasis and Band Of Horses; they also used a certain typo for some time, and then for instance Radiohead, dEUS and Oasis changed their logo.

It must be different from band to band how the members see their bandname in written terms... but I can imagine, that it play some part in the identity of a band - and that it'll be tempting to change it, if the band changes its sound radically or finds itself in a new place.

Anyway... I still hope that the Travis-font will last forever ;-)

Cheers,
G!
- still playing the "J. Smith" over and over and over and over and over... it rocks my world!!

mili
mili Posted Sun 11 May, 2008 7:36 PM Quote
I only realised recently, that Colplay has used Albertus until this new album

http://www.myfonts.com/search?search%5Btext%5D=albertus

Pages Previous 1 [2] All Times BST Current Time 8:16 PM