Travis

Re: New Coldplay song: Violet Hill
Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Wed 30 Apr, 2008 10:13 AM Quote

Why do they bother ?

They are sh!t they should just accept it and give up.

Dubz

Hanne
Hanne Posted Wed 30 Apr, 2008 10:23 AM Quote
Chiito-chan wrote:
ashleyb wrote:
I'm not getting the email. Any suggestions?

I'm not getting the e-mail too

I'm not getting the email either. Very annoying!!

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Wed 30 Apr, 2008 10:33 AM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:

Why do they bother ?

Dubz

Considering how many people like them... maybe you should give up hating them?

Edel
Edel Posted Wed 30 Apr, 2008 10:38 AM Quote
Hanne wrote:
Chiito-chan wrote:
ashleyb wrote:
I'm not getting the email. Any suggestions?

I'm not getting the e-mail too

I'm not getting the email either. Very annoying!!

I sent 3 mails yesterday and got a mail during the night. Not much help as link expired after 6 hours. Anyhows got another mail now and Ive forwarded song to your work mail. Just in case you dont have patience;0) I was about to give up on the shite. Not thinking much of the song on the second hearing

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Wed 30 Apr, 2008 10:48 AM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
Scottish Dubliner wrote:

Why do they bother ?

Dubz

Considering how many people like them... maybe you should give up hating them?

I don't actually hate them, I feel rather indifferent to them, hate is an emotion and I wouldn't waste that on them.

Plus you're arguement is bollix, "Considering how many people like them" ?? in which case we should all be listening to Britany Spears, Boyzone, Take That, Spice Girls, etc, etc

Dubz

Hanne
Hanne Posted Wed 30 Apr, 2008 10:52 AM Quote
Edel wrote:
I sent 3 mails yesterday and got a mail during the night. Not much help as link expired after 6 hours. Anyhows got another mail now and Ive forwarded song to your work mail. Just in case you dont have patience;0) I was about to give up on the shite. Not thinking much of the song on the second hearing

Thanks so much! I've forwarded it to my computer at home though since I can't really listen to the song here. Maybe my own mail arrived in the meantime as well :o)

I'm a bit sceptic now since it seems that most people don't have a high opinion of it. I guess I'll see that for myself later today..

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Wed 30 Apr, 2008 11:22 AM Quote
I didn't say we should all be listening to Britney, Boyzone etc. You say they should give up. All I was saying is why should/would they do that when so many people like them? Including a lot of people on here.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Wed 30 Apr, 2008 11:38 AM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
I didn't say we should all be listening to Britney, Boyzone etc. You say they should give up. All I was saying is why should/would they do that when so many people like them? Including a lot of people on here.

No but you did say that I should like them cause a lot of other people do, bollocks to that. If that is your arguement I'd go around listening to Beuna Vista Social Club, wearing a Man Utd Jersey and claiming to have been into all this stuf from the start.

Cause they are sh!t,

They are bland, insipid, twee and reactionary, They do not inspire or make any contribution to the industry. They will never change anything.

And Chris Martin is an arrogant, fuckwit, wankbag, tosser who needs to come down off the moral high ground a wake up to the fact that only silly girls and sexually confused young men actually like him.

Dubz

Darran
Darran Posted Wed 30 Apr, 2008 11:38 AM Quote
Nasty vocals, overall plodding sound, and a 70s retro feel.

Nice to see they've finally discovered what a distortion pedal does though

evsie
evsie Posted Wed 30 Apr, 2008 11:45 AM Quote
I like it.

They're no Travis though are they?

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Wed 30 Apr, 2008 12:13 PM Quote
Don't remember saying you should like them either. If you're going to twist everything I say then I won't bother. And you say you're indifferent to them. Mmm, you DO seem to hate them. You seem very passionate about it. That's very strange.

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Wed 30 Apr, 2008 1:52 PM Quote
Just heard it on the radio- I've definitely heard them doing better than this. Cool guitars tho.

travisturkey
travisturkey Posted Wed 30 Apr, 2008 3:08 PM Quote
average is what I'd call it..

travisturkey
travisturkey Posted Wed 30 Apr, 2008 3:18 PM Quote
http://del.interoute.com/?id=c598e89b-0419-419d-8c52-7d3d9e3dca54&delivery=download&tk=Li3dE6x5ygg=E1MPpRFa8MI%2B8zqScsb%2BuTSR0Q4=*47

For anyone who can't get the email btw ;)

SgtPepper67
SgtPepper67 Posted Wed 30 Apr, 2008 3:33 PM Quote
I didn't like the song. It starts ok in the verses but then the part with high voice comes and it sounds awfull to me, then that mediocre guitar solo. I don't think it's a new direction for the band at all, it sounds the same as the last album (wich I hated, by the way) except for the guitar a bit more overdriven.

Pages Previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 Next All Times BST Current Time 7:49 PM