Travis

Re: Fitba 'n' Stuff
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear)
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) Posted Fri 10 Oct, 2008 2:49 PM Quote
I am going tomorrow. Not expecting much more than a draw. But i guess we'll see.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Fri 10 Oct, 2008 3:15 PM Quote
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) wrote:
I am going tomorrow. Not expecting much more than a draw. But i guess we'll see.

Yup, already a must win game but I revkon I'd be happy with the draw.

Dubz

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Wed 04 Mar, 2009 9:45 PM Quote

Judging by this weeks "midweek" results, there are no easy games left...

The relegation battles are heating up in both the Premiership and the SPL.

Squeaky bum time for the Paisley faithful.

Dubz

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Mon 20 Apr, 2009 11:18 AM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:

I'm tidying up before heading down to the Halfway (my local) to watch Saint Mirren versus Hibernian, It's gettig really tight at the bottom of the Scottsh Premier League and to be honest I am shitting buttons. I would gladly swap the win over Celtic in the last round and the Semi Final against Rangers in a couple of weeks in the Scottish Cup for a guarantee of staying up. Mixu has a good side at Easter Road, they went through a bad patch over Christmas but are starting to get back to winning games and are very capable of hitting teams on the break, Saints have played some nice football all season we just don't seem to be able to close out games. Draws are killing us.

C'mon the Saints !!!

http://c4.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/72/l_20f908bd95524ea888c3919ef46e6447.jpg

Dubz

We're not out of the woods yet but a win against Motherwell on Saturday was a huge 3 points, Also another cracking goal by Andy Dorman. unfortunately there is no way we're keeping hold of him this summer, he's just too good for us better to let him go and get some cash for him instead of making him stay and loosing him on a free transfer next year. This leaves us 6 points above Falkirk and 2 points above Inverness with 5 games to go, however because of the split the only team safe in the bottom 6 is Motherwell so every game is huge from now on. Our first game is against Inverness at home on 2nd of May but we still haven't won a league game at New St Mirren Park yet, c'mon lads this would be a brilliant time to "break that particular duck"

Plus the small matter of playing the Huns in the semi-final of the Scottish Cup on Saturday at Hampden, to be honest I'd much rather have faced Falkirk or Dunfermilne in the Semi and Rangers in the Final if we'd gotten through, However as I have stated all this is worth the grand sum of "FUCK ALL" if we fail to stay in the Premier League

I'm afraid to say I also took a little delight in seeing Man Utd go out of the cup to Everton yesterday, The papers had been full of Ferguson stating that Benitez had nothing but disrespect, arrogance and contempt for the smaller clubs in the Premiership (which incidentally seems to hold true considering Big Sam's statements), However Fergie put out a "second team" full of kids yesterday, I believe this showed a certain amount of disrespect by him and he was reward with a defeat. But of course in typical F*rgie style "It was the referee's fault" or "The Wembley pitch wasn't up to standard". While both of these statements may hold true we are continuing told Man Utd are the greatest team ever, In that case should they not have been able to Adapt and Overcome ???

On the rest of the SPL I really couldn't give a sh!t, I'd like to see the Old (in)Firm docked 40 points each for Sectarianism and Hearts/Dundee Utd/Aberdeen fight it out for top spot, of course in this, my ultimate football fantasy, the Old (in)Firm would never recover from the shock of losing and would slide further and further down the Scottish Leagues, Celtic would then move to the Irish League and Rangers to the Vauxhall Conference where they would get humped every week by the likes of Bray Wanderers and Accrington Stanley respectvely.

Dubz

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sat 02 May, 2009 10:52 AM Quote
Squeaky bum time.

A win today wouldn't get us out of the woods (mathematically) but it would be a massive step. After 3 weeks of live games on the telly I'm gonna need to listen to this one on the radio. c'mon ye Saints!!!!

Dubz

Monica
Monica Posted Sat 02 May, 2009 5:50 PM Quote
Real Madrid are playing in an hour against Barcelona. I hope we (Real Madrid) win ^^

Rammsfer
Rammsfer Posted Sat 02 May, 2009 5:52 PM Quote
Monica wrote:
Real Madrid are playing in an hour against Barcelona. I hope we (Real Madrid) win ^^

l'm ready for the game ;)

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sat 02 May, 2009 5:55 PM Quote

I FUCKING HATE FOOTBALL !!!!!

Dubz

Rammsfer
Rammsfer Posted Sat 02 May, 2009 9:18 PM Quote
l must be dreaming: 6-2

Monica
Monica Posted Sun 03 May, 2009 2:15 PM Quote
What can I say? It was humiliating...

Rammsfer
Rammsfer Posted Sun 03 May, 2009 6:52 PM Quote
l've heard that Barcelona had never scored 6 against Real Madrid...

Monica
Monica Posted Mon 04 May, 2009 5:47 PM Quote
I have no idea, but that's probably true. It still hurts :p

Rammsfer
Rammsfer Posted Mon 04 May, 2009 6:42 PM Quote
l thought Madrid was gonna win. Higuain goal was awesome!

Monica
Monica Posted Tue 05 May, 2009 4:42 PM Quote
I wanted that but the truth is that Barcelona are playing awesome and much better than us, so they deserved to win... But the 6 goals were too much :p

Rammsfer
Rammsfer Posted Tue 05 May, 2009 5:49 PM Quote
Well yeah that's true...but Madrid is a bigger team, l think their last great group was when they had Zidane. Maybe nowadays Barcelona has better players than Madrid.

Pages Previous 1...4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 Next All Times BST Current Time 3:56 AM