Travis

Re: Fitba 'n' Stuff
Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Tue 12 Aug, 2008 12:26 PM Quote
Darran wrote:
Hopefully Norn Iron can keep er lit this time against the smaller countries.

Jaysus, that's one tough group, you're gonna need Healy in top form.

Dubz

Moray
Moray Posted Tue 12 Aug, 2008 12:56 PM Quote
Best chance Scotland have had in years Dubz.

Top two spots are automatic qualification as well. No messing about with playoff's this time.

Just need to roll over Norway, Macedonia & Iceland. Managed to beat Norway & Iceland under Bertie's reign (I think?) so I have a good feeling about it all.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Tue 12 Aug, 2008 4:50 PM Quote
Moray wrote:

Top two spots are automatic qualification as well. No messing about with playoff's this time.

Just need to roll over Norway, Macedonia & Iceland. Managed to beat Norway & Iceland under Bertie's reign (I think?) so I have a good feeling about it all.

Therein may lie the problem, I reckon we may get results against Norway, might even scrape a draw with the Nederlands away, then going by our past record, It'll come down to the second last game and we'll lose against fuckin' Macedonia and end up needing at least a draw at Hampden against the Dutch. You can see what's gonna happen there !!!

P.s. Ireland are now under the Trappatoni regime could be interesting...

Dubz

Darran
Darran Posted Tue 12 Aug, 2008 4:52 PM Quote
Moray wrote:

I'll be over on the 20th August, ending up in some wee bar/social up near Hampden before and after.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Tue 12 Aug, 2008 4:55 PM Quote
Darran wrote:
Moray wrote:

I'll be over on the 20th August, ending up in some wee bar/social up near Hampden before and after.

Nice One, Wouldn't mind heading over myself but funds aren't great. Hope ya enjoy it, gies a shout if yer ever down by Dublin, I'll buy you a pint.

Dubz

Helen *the original*
Helen *the original* Posted Tue 02 Sep, 2008 12:49 PM Quote
Well i'm so glad that we finally have Berbatov! Stayed up all night watching Skysports.com to see the end of the transfer window and then when they officially announced it. It was an interesting night with all the rumour and speculation and bids that just suddenly appeared!

Gladly (the cross-eyed bear)
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) Posted Tue 02 Sep, 2008 12:51 PM Quote
Aye but once Man City get motoring you'll be in trouble.

Moray
Moray Posted Tue 02 Sep, 2008 1:17 PM Quote
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) wrote:
Aye but once Man City get motoring you'll be in trouble.

City should never have sold Corluka to Tottenham. That was the stupidest mistake of that day. The guy is unbelievably good.

Robinho for £32 million is utterly insane though. You know he's going to be an epic failure as well. Worse than Schevchenko. Worse than Veron or Forlan. I can't think of anyone who's been as bad as he's going to be.

Gladly (the cross-eyed bear)
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) Posted Tue 02 Sep, 2008 1:20 PM Quote
Only time will tell.

Helen *the original*
Helen *the original* Posted Tue 02 Sep, 2008 1:24 PM Quote
I think that with City's luck everything will be a cock-up and either they won't have the money in the end or the player will be crap. Either way at least it left Chelsea feeling worthless :D

Esteban
Esteban Posted Tue 02 Sep, 2008 1:32 PM Quote
Once again United break basic rules and they won't be punished because the FA are shitscared of them. Of course it was different when it was their own player attracting attention, complaints to UEFA/FIFA over Real tapping up Ronaldo?

Fucking dishonest scheming bullies.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sat 06 Sep, 2008 12:39 PM Quote
Moray wrote:

Just watching Football Focus, Only the Top Team in each group are guaranteed qualification with the second place going into play-offs.

FUCKING ARSE - why do these feckers keep moving the fucking goalposts (pardon the pun), fucking Champions League is the perfect example, fuck your groups the European Cup should be a straight knockout comp. That way if a team is in form they have the chance of going through, instaed of playing like sh!t the whole way through to make a final, Man Utd, Real Mad, AC Milan, Liverpool.

Dubz

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Fri 19 Sep, 2008 10:30 AM Quote
Excellent line up of games this weekend...

Saint Mirren v Falkirk (both teams picking up their first win of the season last week)
Dundee v Livingston
Bolton v Arsenal
Sunderland v Middlesborough
West Ham v Newcastle
Chelsea v Man Utd
Man City v Portsmouth
Sheff Wed v Ipswich
Southampton v Barnsley
Carlisle v Leeds
Grimsby v Morecombe

mixed forunes in Europe for the British clubs...

Man U - Looked better but still lacking something, selection may have been better but with such an important game on sunday ??

Chelsea - Frighteningly good

Liverpool - Lucky yet again, Marseille were up for that and unlucky to get nothing from the game.

Motherwell - kept the tally down if they can keep Nancy from scoring in Scotland they have a half chance.

Arsenal - showed courage late on to earn a draw

Celtic - Fucking Diabolical, hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha !!!!!! Serves them fucking right, that is what happens when you gloat at the misfortunes of your rivals, it's also what happens when you go into a game expecting to win. I wanna see them finish last in that group and not even qualify for UEFA, Get it Right Up Yous !!!

Man City - Lucky, Nicosia were well up for the game

Tottenham - again rode there luck at times.

Dubz

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Thu 09 Oct, 2008 9:10 PM Quote

Odds on Paddy Power website..

21/20 Scotland 11/4 Norway 11/5 Draw

Scotland were sh!t against Macedonia and passable at best against Iceland.

I think these are very optomistic odds, Norway have a good team (Riise, Gamst Pedersen, Iversson) with plenty spirit.
They've already drawn with the Dutch.

What do the regulars reckon, Gladly, Moray and co. ??

Dubz

Esteban
Esteban Posted Fri 10 Oct, 2008 2:40 PM Quote
I think putting a cheeky tenner on Norway or the draw is printing money.

Pages Previous 1...3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 Next All Times BST Current Time 4:24 PM