Travis

Re: Song To Self blog is up
BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Fri 18 Apr, 2008 2:57 PM Quote
I think it makes quite a bit of sense doing the art work the way he is. One, again it suits the album with the front cover being hand drawn. Its very raw, very real and two, it means the band don't need to do a photo shoot for the front cover which means it might come a bit quicker! :)

Wooo its exciting! I agree with the little laughing, sighing bits in the songs. Adds some atmosphere. As long as its not all snorting and stuff. Haha :)

Fran
Fran Posted Fri 18 Apr, 2008 3:26 PM Quote
Esteban wrote:
Claes Mouse House.

Claes Tass Mass

but Claes mouse house is fine too...maybe we should ask the man himself. I'll see if I can get hold of him.

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Fri 18 Apr, 2008 3:57 PM Quote
Fran wrote:
Esteban wrote:
Claes Mouse House.

Claes Tass Mass

but Claes mouse house is fine too...maybe we should ask the man himself. I'll see if I can get hold of him.

So it's Class then Fran?

Maybe asking the man himself is the best idea, like we did with you and the first word of Coming Around. Haha. :)

Nikki
Nikki Posted Fri 18 Apr, 2008 4:50 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
Fran wrote:
Esteban wrote:
Claes Mouse House.

Claes Tass Mass

So it's Class then Fran?

Maybe asking the man himself is the best idea, like we did with you and the first word of Coming Around. Haha. :)

LOL! This is hilarious!

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Fri 18 Apr, 2008 5:01 PM Quote
We'll end up with 6 pages of people saying what they think it is! And surely Fran knows, he was touring with him all round the world last year! :) Like my Dad gets called Anthony by someone we know, once upon a time we would correct them, but now we accept he'll forever be called Anthony to them. Haha. Do you think Claes just accepted people getting his name wrong, "no, its pronoun... yes Fran?" :)

mili
mili Posted Fri 18 Apr, 2008 6:04 PM Quote
Claes is Swedish, so I think the Tass interpetation is pretty much ok.

What I've heard of Song to Self, it's brilliant.

I'm very excited about the album and future concerts. My hubby knows what it's all about by now when I interrupt his football viewing with a question like "Fancy going to Tromsø this year?" or "Geneve in July would be nice".

Well, he agrees these places (and the main reason to be there) would be nice, but unfortunately not on :^(

FranFlower
FranFlower Posted Fri 18 Apr, 2008 6:58 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
Fran wrote:
Esteban wrote:
Claes Mouse House.

Claes Tass Mass

So it's Class then Fran?

Lol, the whole pronouncing-Claes-wrong-case has been my mission in life, or well, ever since I joined the board :-P Being Norwegian means I'm practically Swedish(lol!) and this whole Claus thingy has bothered me alot, ehem.. It's kinda hard to explain how to pronounce it in English when it isn't my first language, but Class would pretty much cover it I think.

There, I've said it! Lol :-P

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Fri 18 Apr, 2008 7:03 PM Quote
The complexities of pronunciation just never end.

We have to know whether to sing:

I've got a Claes (house, mouse, spouse) feeling
or
I've got a Claes (claws, paws, saws) feeling
or
I've got a Claes (pass, class, mass) feeling (and even that depends on if your accent is American or British, making it even more difficult. British "a" is like American "ah.")

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Fri 18 Apr, 2008 7:06 PM Quote
FranFlower wrote:
It's kinda hard to explain how to pronounce it in English when it isn't my first language, but Class would pretty much cover it I think.

But with the British "ah" sound, like Closs, or the American "short a" vowel sound, class?

American "a" click on the sparkly arrow/"a" to hear.

Esteban
Esteban Posted Fri 18 Apr, 2008 7:16 PM Quote
Let's just call him Sven.

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Fri 18 Apr, 2008 7:18 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
FranFlower wrote:
It's kinda hard to explain how to pronounce it in English when it isn't my first language, but Class would pretty much cover it I think.

But with the British "ah" sound, like Closs, or the American "short a" vowel sound, class?

You've been watching too much Hugh Grant. I don't say Clarss or Closs, i say Class. I don't say let's have a darnce either. I say let's have a dance. :) Haha. We're not all really posh.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Fri 18 Apr, 2008 7:22 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:
FranFlower wrote:

You've been watching too much Hugh Grant. I don't say Clarss or Closs, i say Class. I don't see let's have a darnce either. I say let's have a dance. :) Haha. We're not all really posh.

I've never heard anyone say "darnce." But since you brought it up, I've always wondered why some people add an "r" at the end of a word that ends in "a?" Like instead of Burma, saying Burmar.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Fri 18 Apr, 2008 7:23 PM Quote
Esteban wrote:

But do you pronounce the V like Victor or like a W? ;o)

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Fri 18 Apr, 2008 7:28 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
BenFilbert wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:
FranFlower wrote:

You've been watching too much Hugh Grant. I don't say Clarss or Closs, i say Class. I don't see let's have a darnce either. I say let's have a dance. :) Haha. We're not all really posh.

I've never heard anyone say "darnce." But since you brought it up, I've always wondered why some people add an "r" at the end of a word that ends in "a?" Like instead of Burma, saying Burmar.

Dance was just an example. Mmm, I think you may be thinking of us British as posher than most of us are. Thats all. :)

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Fri 18 Apr, 2008 7:29 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
Esteban wrote:

But do you pronounce the V like Victor or like a W? ;o)

As it is spelt. S VEN. :)

Pages Previous 1 [2] 3 Next All Times BST Current Time 3:38 AM