Travis

For someone who has been out of the loop...
CAPO
CAPO Posted Wed 16 Apr, 2008 2:45 AM Quote
When's the next album due to release?

Re: For someone who has been out of the loop...
BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Wed 16 Apr, 2008 8:19 AM Quote
Not confirmed but expected for later in the year. Hopefully by October. I have a hope for August. :)

Ursina
Ursina Posted Wed 16 Apr, 2008 8:47 AM Quote
I think you're optimistic Ben ! lol

sina:) the pessimist

milos
milos Posted Wed 16 Apr, 2008 9:04 AM Quote
I don't think it will be as late as October! Especially with all these festival dates in July/August. Why would they wait so long? Maybe i'm being too optimistic but i'm hoping for a June/July release! :)

Ursina
Ursina Posted Wed 16 Apr, 2008 9:54 AM Quote
don't get me wrong I'd love to have it out tomorrow! but from past experience it has always been later than earlier. Also Travis not being with a label, as far as I know, this could delay the release as well, unless it is just available for downloading here ???

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Wed 16 Apr, 2008 11:40 AM Quote
Saying October to be safe. I can see it being October, but no later. No way a June release because they aren't together til July which makes July unlikely too. August is maybe slightly optimistic but I'm an optimistic person. Also, I don't think August is unreasonable. We'll have to wait and see.

With The Boy, the band obviously took their time and wanted it to be perfect etc. This time, they just want to get it out there as soon as possible. In my opinion, Ode To J Smith is expected to be a better over all album. :) From the live versions, it sounds like it is Travis' best album. :)

milos
milos Posted Wed 16 Apr, 2008 12:23 PM Quote
You're probably right. But Neil said in that recent interview that they'll be "soon" back together to start rehearsing or something like that.. Although July can be taken as "soon" in the context. Who knows! BUT they don't necessarily have to release the album in order for us to hear the new songs (remember my space track-per-week last year?). So when i, perhaps too optimistically :), said June i was thinking more about when we'll get to hear "something" new than the actual album release date.

Delia24Oct07
Delia24Oct07 Posted Wed 16 Apr, 2008 12:28 PM Quote
June/July??? You're really optimistic, I think it'll come in September, maybe in August but in Switzerland, all british records come about a month later... unfortunately.
:( Anyway, whenever it is, I can't wait for it!

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Wed 16 Apr, 2008 12:52 PM Quote
I don't think MySpace exactly fits in with what they're doing right now. Very surprised if that happens. Maybe a week before its release but even then, i don't think they'll upload any of them until its out at least.

We'll see. I just heard the interview. He did say soon with is very vague. I think they'll be back together rehearsing mid - late June.

CAPO
CAPO Posted Wed 16 Apr, 2008 8:25 PM Quote
As long as it's 2008, I think I'll survive ;)

rebekah
rebekah Posted Wed 16 Apr, 2008 8:30 PM Quote
i really don't wanna wait..i waannnnttt iittt nooooowww :P

x

galletitabonita
galletitabonita Posted Thu 17 Apr, 2008 1:37 AM Quote
rebekah wrote:

x

hahahaha
I understand you =)
but we'll have to wait

deebee
deebee Posted Thu 17 Apr, 2008 7:38 AM Quote
I think it'll be September with touring in Oct, Nov and Dec (she says crossing her fingers, hehe!!!!)

rebekah
rebekah Posted Thu 17 Apr, 2008 3:10 PM Quote
galletitabonita wrote:
rebekah wrote:

x

hahahaha
I understand you =)
but we'll have to wait

I know :(
ahh well..it will be worth it!!
x

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Thu 17 Apr, 2008 8:48 PM Quote
I must be an optimistic FOOL because I had just assumed it would come out before or right when they start touring/playing festivals.

Seems like this album is all about being fast and furious. It's almost mixed and we don't know what is going on with the whole label thing but maybe it's more sorted out than we imagine.

I'm putting all my chips in on a June/July release. (since this is all virtual, I am comfortable taking these risks.)

Pages [1] 2 Next All Times UTC Current Time 11:25 PM