Travis

Re: Coldplay or Travis?
Guitarist
Guitarist Posted Mon 04 Jun, 2007 8:43 PM Quote
Lemon Grinner wrote:
Coldplay bore the shite out of me, and I saw Chris Martin at an REM gig and he didnt even bother to talk to any fans, just stood there lookin arrogant while people shouted "I love you " at him. He just wanted the praise.

Travis all the way.

chris martin, arrogant?...
thats shit, if its true....

radioclyde261
radioclyde261 Posted Mon 04 Jun, 2007 10:03 PM Quote
I like Coldplay a lot, but occasionaly their music comes across as really cold and unfeeling. I don't think I've heard anything by Travis that could be described like that. Also, Fran is a much more gifted singer than Chris IMHO.

Jewl
Jewl Posted Mon 04 Jun, 2007 10:20 PM Quote
Actually I'm more a Coldplay fan....but I've seen Travis live yesterday and I must admit that they are live better than Coldplay...not because they play better but how they "entertain"...

Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Mon 04 Jun, 2007 10:28 PM Quote
Guitarist wrote:
Lemon Grinner wrote:
Coldplay bore the shite out of me, and I saw Chris Martin at an REM gig and he didnt even bother to talk to any fans, just stood there lookin arrogant while people shouted "I love you " at him. He just wanted the praise.

Travis all the way.

chris martin, arrogant?...
thats shit, if its true....

Well he was when I saw him... a right cock. *shrugs* guess it's what fame does to some people...

Mikko85
Mikko85 Posted Mon 04 Jun, 2007 11:01 PM Quote
I think Travis are a much bolder, more interesting band.

Both burst onto the scene with great record in 1998/99 (know TMW wasn't a debut but most people didn't know about GF), and Parachutes was great. But since then Coldplay have got really bland, their last album was 40-50mins of unbelievably predictable, spark-free, unimaginative rubbish. It's like they finished Parachutes, thought 'woah look we're selling millions, we're rich and famous....let's spend the next 10 years by a pool drinking champagne' and any visit to the studio was an irritation. They flog the same sound over and over, there's no connection or meaning to their stuff anymore. IMO.

Wheras Travis have kept making music first and foremost - even when they lost the mainstream vote a bit with 12 Memories, at least they were staying true to themselves and making music that meant something. TBWNN is such a great comeback but they're unfashionable now and seem quite comfortable with that.

Coldplay - hype over substance. Travis - substance over hype.

paul_c
paul_c Posted Tue 05 Jun, 2007 12:41 AM Quote
PipeDreams wrote:
paul_c wrote:
Stupid question on a Travis messageboard

well no not really coz just because some one is a member of travis online dont mean they onli like travis and that is there no 1 fav band they could be members of 50 other band sites for all we know

Yeah, it is.

BECAUSE...

Most people on here are going to be Travis fans and use the Travis board because of this. Apart from the picky buggers who have to use more than one messageboard. Case in point...erm, YOU! lol

Thanks for resting my case for me. So kind

Yulia Nox
Yulia Nox Posted Tue 05 Jun, 2007 1:16 AM Quote
I love every single song of Travis!!
I like just a few songs of Coldplay

and I love Francis voice

Travis is my most fav!!!

monkey
monkey Posted Tue 05 Jun, 2007 2:26 AM Quote
Paul's right, that is a stupid question on a Travis Board.

Coldplay are nothing better than dull at best, if they were a biscuit it would have to be a Rich Tea. absoloutly nothing special about either of them and your old gran likes them

a hobnobs joke would have been to easy!

mayfly
mayfly Posted Tue 05 Jun, 2007 2:45 AM Quote
Guitarist wrote:
I'm not saying they are better but coldplay are special to me. I loved them as soon as i saw chris walking along that cold beach. so i would have to say coldplay. chris paid a beautiful tribute to travis when he declared on the radio that coldplay were invented by Travis. but what do u guys rekon? maybe u hate coldplay more than eating dog shit. maybe not, wotever the weather, still reply..

What do you expect for the answers from TRAVIS MB? This thread should have started on somewhere else neutral music forum.

jontxuboy
jontxuboy Posted Tue 05 Jun, 2007 4:18 AM Quote
TRAVIS BY FAR
ALL THE COLDPLAY SONGS SOUND THE SAME
THE NEW RECORD SOUND SO DIFERENT THEY SOUND MORE MATURE IT looks how they are growing as a band

penny
penny Posted Tue 05 Jun, 2007 5:26 AM Quote
obvio!!! tavis!!! coldplay que?? ni al caso!!! la vdd le han copiado mucho a travis y c han colgado de la fama de nuestros escoceses la vdd travis y que c jodan los demás...

elfy
elfy Posted Tue 05 Jun, 2007 6:43 AM Quote
Lemon Grinner wrote:

Travis all the way.

Did you ever think maybe the guy was there to watch a gig? If you went to see a band, would you want to spend the whole time talking to people?

Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Tue 05 Jun, 2007 8:08 AM Quote
elfy wrote:
Lemon Grinner wrote:

Travis all the way.

Did you ever think maybe the guy was there to watch a gig? If you went to see a band, would you want to spend the whole time talking to people?

This was after when he came out and just stood posing. If this was in the gig, I wouldn't expect him to talk to anyone.

Ursina
Ursina Posted Tue 05 Jun, 2007 9:00 AM Quote
Guitarist wrote:
I'm not saying they are better but coldplay are special to me. I loved them as soon as i saw chris walking along that cold beach. so i would have to say coldplay. chris paid a beautiful tribute to travis when he declared on the radio that coldplay were invented by Travis. but what do u guys rekon? maybe u hate coldplay more than eating dog shit. maybe not, wotever the weather, still reply..

I agree with Paul ... it's a strange question to put on the Travis board.
Still, I like Coldplay a lot and the shows I've seen so far were fantastic. Chris and co really giving everything.

BUT they are light years away from what Travis mean to me... there you have it :)

sina:)

there

DavesUrMan
DavesUrMan Posted Tue 05 Jun, 2007 9:15 AM Quote
paul_c wrote:
PipeDreams wrote:
paul_c wrote:
Stupid question on a Travis messageboard

well no not really coz just because some one is a member of travis online dont mean they onli like travis and that is there no 1 fav band they could be members of 50 other band sites for all we know

Yeah, it is.

BECAUSE...

Most people on here are going to be Travis fans and use the Travis board because of this. Apart from the picky buggers who have to use more than one messageboard. Case in point...erm, YOU! lol

Thanks for resting my case for me. So kind

I absolutely detest coldplay, but just because you actually can stand another band as well as travis doesn't mean you are picky. That smacks that you think that we all should have a certain 'alleigance' which is just weird. On a forum the point is to DISCUSS the music, its cocky fans who think "I'm the number one fan, no I am, no I am" that think like that. Its not a board just to drool all over them, a lot of their songs I really can't stand but I enjoy talking about what I like and dislike. If somebody asked "travis or mozart" I would most certainly say Mozart - or even the Beatles to that length - I'm not picky just because I'm capable of appreciating more than one style of music. - In fact, surely i'm the opposite - I can appreciate loads of music, you can apparently only appreciate travis in this line of questioning - just like someone will only eat strawberries out of all the fruits, and cheddar out of all the cheeses :)

Pages Previous 1 [2] 3 4 5 Next All Times BST Current Time 12:03 AM