Travis

Re: Positivus Festival, Latvia
dream
dream Posted Wed 16 Jul, 2008 11:11 AM Quote
INFORMATION ABOUT BUSES!

the timetable and - more important - departure place has been changed!
the buses now leave from here

timetable:
Riga - Salacgriva 18.07.
14:00
18:00
20:00

Riga - Salacgriva 19.07.
13:00
14:00
17:00
18:00

Salacgriva - Riga 19.07.
1:30

Salacgriva - Riga 20.07
1:30
9:00
13:00
17:00

Sky-Blue Puppy
Sky-Blue Puppy Posted Thu 17 Jul, 2008 1:26 PM Quote
dream, thank you for posting the new information about buses. I hope the people who actually go by bus see it in time (because this info is not available in English on the festival website).

From the little i could make out from this article it seems that Travis have arrived in Riga already. So people in Riga - be ready to do some Travis spotting in your town! :D

Oh, i'm so excited about tomorrow - my very first Travis gig! I'm a bit panicky too though - i can't seem to remember any lyrics. Oh dear, oh dear... :D

liva
liva Posted Mon 21 Jul, 2008 1:45 PM Quote
I expressed my feelings in the Latvia Blog thread, but I was thinking maybe any of you have some pictures to post here? Or links to videos from the gig.
here are some youtube links:

A bit of everything - www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_ZyUD97JUk

Why Does It Always Rain On Me mad jumping - www.youtube.com/watch?v=Re8IjhlQISo

Sing - www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYAVUC-BI6M

a bit of Flowers in The Window - www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7jLmclSrYw

screaming for Claes - www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhD51Ru-bB8

Eledh
Eledh Posted Mon 21 Jul, 2008 2:06 PM Quote
liva wrote:
I expressed my feelings in the Latvia Blog thread, but I was thinking maybe any of you have some pictures to post here? Or links to videos from the gig.
here are some youtube links:

A bit of everything - www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_ZyUD97JUk

Why Does It Always Rain On Me mad jumping - www.youtube.com/watch?v=Re8IjhlQISo

Sing - www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYAVUC-BI6M

a bit of Flowers in The Window - www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7jLmclSrYw

screaming for Claes - www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhD51Ru-bB8

Thanks for sharing this videos and...
For the pictures...
You can find all the pictures in the tour archive, on the positivus festival section ;)
I don't know why but I can't post my pictures... Anyway, not so many, just three. XD

liva
liva Posted Mon 21 Jul, 2008 2:20 PM Quote
aaah, yeah, thanks, just checked them out. too bad i didn't have my camera, i wasn't allowed to bring it in, as it was a "professional" camera, although i'm not a professional.. but a friend of mine took some pictures, i hope he gets them developed soon ;]

Sky-Blue Puppy
Sky-Blue Puppy Posted Mon 21 Jul, 2008 2:26 PM Quote
Thanks for sharing! :)

And here is Radio SWH interview with Fran. Unfortunately the transcript is in Latvian only, but there seem to be audio links too (can't check myself, don't have speakers here at work)

Jennny
Jennny Posted Mon 21 Jul, 2008 2:32 PM Quote
Sky-Blue Puppy wrote:
Thanks for sharing! :)

And here is Radio SWH interview with Fran. Unfortunately the transcript is in Latvian only, but there seem to be audio links too (can't check myself, don't have speakers here at work)

It works and the sound is clear but is it just me but does that sound a bit funny? :D

liva
liva Posted Mon 21 Jul, 2008 2:33 PM Quote
it does sound a bit awkward, that's what i thought the first time i heard the interview. it's still fun though.

p.s. and radio swh is playing the tunes from the gig all the time now, when we were driving back from positivus on sunday they played 20 minutes of travis performance. brings back lovely memories!

Jennny
Jennny Posted Mon 21 Jul, 2008 2:41 PM Quote
liva wrote:
it does sound a bit awkward, that's what i thought the first time i heard the interview. it's still fun though.

p.s. and radio swh is playing the tunes from the gig all the time now, when we were driving back from positivus on sunday they played 20 minutes of travis performance. brings back lovely memories!

Really? That's fantastic! Well it really really was one amazing night and you lucky latvians, they're coming back! Fortunately that's not very difficult trip to make so i'm as well happy for myself too :D haha

And the interview is very good, even if the sound is little bizarre (:

Jennny
Jennny Posted Mon 21 Jul, 2008 2:50 PM Quote
+ i had no idea the photography of 12 Memories was filmed in Tallin! :D that's hilarious because i've always felt like there's something very familiar to than what i've seen before and thought about eastern europe but tallin never crossed my mind, that's cool!

Sky-Blue Puppy
Sky-Blue Puppy Posted Mon 21 Jul, 2008 5:18 PM Quote
Jennny wrote:
+ i had no idea the photography of 12 Memories was filmed in Tallin! :D that's hilarious because i've always felt like there's something very familiar to than what i've seen before and thought about eastern europe but tallin never crossed my mind, that's cool!

A-ha, so that photoshoot was in Estonia after all! I once read about it somewhere, but then lost that article and thought i had remembered it wrong.
In fact, the photoshoot wasn't in Tallinn, but in Paldiski, a small town not far from Tallinn. For 30 years it was a closed town because it was a Soviet nuclear submarine training centre. After the Soviet army left in mid 90's, the place became almost completely deserted and everything dilapidated. So that's why Fran said it was quite gloomy. I wonder how on earth did Anton Corbijn know about Paldiski to choose it for an album cover shooting??

maarja
maarja Posted Wed 23 Jul, 2008 10:51 AM Quote
so it's true then!!! about Paldiski? How dare they visit Estonia without telling me first!?!? Actually I got close to Fran (my-love-forever) in Latvia and I was about to ask him about the Paldiski and 12 Memories. But by the time I got Fran on my side I was so overwhelmed and so emotional that I forgot to ask that question. Later, of course I was disappointed at myself for being so week....But it was a great show in Salacgriva. I stood in the front row and I gave my all 200%, and I saw guys doing the same: Andy was rocking, Dougie couldn't stop smiling and Fran delivered through all these obstacles.....even Neil smiled for a bit. Well done boys!!!!!

aishy
aishy Posted Wed 23 Jul, 2008 11:09 PM Quote
Oh my God, it was so GREAT! :) Thanx a lot for all the beautiful songs and fantastic emotions - you were awesome!!! :) "we want more" Travis in Latvia, so you'd better come back soon! ;)

Jennny
Jennny Posted Fri 25 Jul, 2008 10:04 PM Quote
In case someone hasn't yet noticed, there are some very good photos of the festival in general and especially from Travis performance(!) on the official festival homepage http://www.positivusabfestival.com/gallery/?id=3 .. can't get my mind off of that gig .. :D

Eledh
Eledh Posted Sat 26 Jul, 2008 12:14 AM Quote
Jennny wrote:
In case someone hasn't yet noticed, there are some very good photos of the festival in general and especially from Travis performance(!) on the official festival homepage http://www.positivusabfestival.com/gallery/?id=3 .. can't get my mind off of that gig .. :D

Cheers for sharing! *_*
I didn't noticed it! :P I mean, I wasn't checking the festival website at all! XD
Cheers, anyway ;) and yeah, you're not the only one... XD I want more travis gigs!

Pages Previous 1 2 3 [4] All Times BST Current Time 4:31 AM