Travis

Re: Positivus Festival, Latvia
Sky-Blue Puppy
Sky-Blue Puppy Posted Mon 07 Jul, 2008 1:39 PM Quote
juuuli wrote:
Hiya! I was just wondering if anyone could share some information/knowledge about the bus transportation from Riga to Salacgriva? We need to take a bus from Riga to the festival site and we're not quite sure how to do that :D Oh, and does anyone know what time Travis are playing? Manic Street Preachers are supposedly playing at 8 p.m. so is Travis on before or after Manics?

14 days left, wehey!!! :)

As much as i could make out from Latvian and Russian, the buses to the festival grounds leave from Riga city centre, from an area between hotel Latvija and the Esplanade, the park right opposite the hotel. See the map.
And if you follow the link Velvet posted above, you'll be able to buy the tickets for the bus.

Finally there’s also information about when the bands come on stage. Travis is on from 21.30-22.45. See the schedule here (NB! choose Latvian as your language).

I hope my copy of the J.Smith vinyl arrives soon. And i hope i'll have the chance to actually meet the lads and ask them to sign it. I also hope i have the courage to do that in the first place... :)

juuuli
juuuli Posted Mon 07 Jul, 2008 3:29 PM Quote
Sky-Blue Puppy wrote:
juuuli wrote:
Hiya! I was just wondering if anyone could share some information/knowledge about the bus transportation from Riga to Salacgriva? We need to take a bus from Riga to the festival site and we're not quite sure how to do that :D Oh, and does anyone know what time Travis are playing? Manic Street Preachers are supposedly playing at 8 p.m. so is Travis on before or after Manics?

14 days left, wehey!!! :)

As much as i could make out from Latvian and Russian, the buses to the festival grounds leave from Riga city centre, from an area between hotel Latvija and the Esplanade, the park right opposite the hotel. See the map.
And if you follow the link Velvet posted above, you'll be able to buy the tickets for the bus.

Finally there’s also information about when the bands come on stage. Travis is on from 21.30-22.45. See the schedule here (NB! choose Latvian as your language).

I hope my copy of the J.Smith vinyl arrives soon. And i hope i'll have the chance to actually meet the lads and ask them to sign it. I also hope i have the courage to do that in the first place... :)

Thank you so much! Now I'm fairly certain that we will find the right bus etc. :) By the way, are you going to stay and listen to Manic Street Preachers? :)

I've been thinking about that meeting the lads thing, and whether I would actually have the courage to talk to them... I really don't know what I'd do! :D Worst case scenario would be that I'd lose the ability to speak, and I'd just stand there doing nothing.

Sky-Blue Puppy
Sky-Blue Puppy Posted Tue 08 Jul, 2008 9:54 AM Quote
juuuli wrote:
Thank you so much! Now I'm fairly certain that we will find the right bus etc. :) By the way, are you going to stay and listen to Manic Street Preachers? :)

I've been thinking about that meeting the lads thing, and whether I would actually have the courage to talk to them... I really don't know what I'd do! :D Worst case scenario would be that I'd lose the ability to speak, and I'd just stand there doing nothing.

You're welcome! :)

Yep, right now i'm planning to stay to listen to all main performers on both days. Whether it works out or not depends a bit on my friend by whose car we are coming - for fear of being left stranded in the woods of Latvia I can't upset or tire her too much :)

Your worst case scenario is pretty similar to mine. Add a huge silly grin and the picture is complete :)
Also i'm worried that my tiny brain will melt and mixes together all scraps of (foreign) languages so i'll end up saying something like 'Hello! Your muusika ist sehr horosho! Thank you beaucoup!' :D

Jennny
Jennny Posted Tue 08 Jul, 2008 1:26 PM Quote
Sky-Blue Puppy wrote:
juuuli wrote:

Yep, right now i'm planning to stay to listen to all main performers on both days. Whether it works out or not depends a bit on my friend by whose car we are coming - for fear of being left stranded in the woods of Latvia I can't upset or tire her too much :)

Your worst case scenario is pretty similar to mine. Add a huge silly grin and the picture is complete :)
Also i'm worried that my tiny brain will melt and mixes together all scraps of (foreign) languages so i'll end up saying something like 'Hello! Your muusika ist sehr horosho! Thank you beaucoup!' :D

I still can't believe this, 'seeing Travis live' has been more like those never-going-to-happen-but-i'm-dreaming-anyway-dreams (yay, living in Finland). But now it'll actually come true?

But about meeting the band in person, i can't tell but i reckon my reaction would also be some kind of mixture of ecstasy and paralysis :D Lovely mixture of languages might as well be expected, not sure about them understanding finnish or swedish. German might be a good alternative beside english, for Fran at least (:

Though it seems like the opportunity of meeting the band at the fan tent is only given to the latvian people or those ones listening to that radio station mentioned here ?

Anyhow, couldn't be happier seeign both Travis and Manics (we've only got tickets for the first day. though it would've been lovely indeed to see also that British Seapower)! And now when i have a motive (Coldplay live in Stockholm later next autumn!) i believe i'll make it back to Finland after all, haha :D

Edit: here -> http://www.positivusabfestival.com/news/?id=114

velvet
velvet Posted Tue 08 Jul, 2008 2:20 PM Quote
Jennny wrote:
Sky-Blue Puppy wrote:
juuuli wrote:

Jennny, Tu esi no Latvijas? Ja tā, man Tev ir jautājums.

I still can't believe this, 'seeing Travis live' has been more like those never-going-to-happen-but-i'm-dreaming-anyway-dreams (yay, living in Finland). But now it'll actually come true?

But about meeting the band in person, i can't tell but i reckon my reaction would also be some kind of mixture of ecstasy and paralysis :D Lovely mixture of languages might as well be expected, not sure about them understanding finnish or swedish. German might be a good alternative beside english, for Fran at least (:

Though it seems like the opportunity of meeting the band at the fan tent is only given to the latvian people or those ones listening to that radio station mentioned here ?

Anyhow, couldn't be happier seeign both Travis and Manics (we've only got tickets for the first day. though it would've been lovely indeed to see also that British Seapower)! And now when i have a motive (Coldplay live in Stockholm later next autumn!) i believe i'll make it back to Finland after all, haha :D

Edit: here -> http://www.positivusabfestival.com/news/?id=114

velvet
velvet Posted Tue 08 Jul, 2008 6:41 PM Quote
Jennny, Tu esi no Latvijas? Ja taa, man Tev ir jautaajums. Visai smiekliigs, bet tomeer!!!

Jennny
Jennny Posted Wed 09 Jul, 2008 10:38 AM Quote
velvet wrote:
Jennny, Tu esi no Latvijas? Ja taa, man Tev ir jautaajums. Visai smiekliigs, bet tomeer!!!

Hmm. I'm a bit confused here because i can't really understand Latvian, haha :D

velvet
velvet Posted Wed 09 Jul, 2008 11:02 AM Quote
Jennny wrote:
velvet wrote:

:D Sorry! I made a mistake. Saw you will attend Positivus AB, and I decided that you are latvian. Please sorry!!!

Jennny
Jennny Posted Wed 09 Jul, 2008 11:21 AM Quote
velvet wrote:
Jennny wrote:
velvet wrote:

:D Sorry! I made a mistake. Saw you will attend Positivus AB, and I decided that you are latvian. Please sorry!!!

Ah, that's nothing! I'm a finn, though i am attending the festival in salacgriva :) We'll come on next monday and spend the week in Jurmala. And then on friday we're planning to take a bus from riga and see travis! can't wait, can't wait :D

velvet
velvet Posted Wed 09 Jul, 2008 11:40 AM Quote
Jennny wrote:
velvet wrote:
Jennny wrote:
velvet wrote:

Ah, that's nothing! I'm a finn, though i am attending the festival in salacgriva :) We'll come on next monday and spend the week in Jurmala. And then on friday we're planning to take a bus from riga and see travis! can't wait, can't wait :D

You are welcome!!! :))) But I just saw that weather in Latvia will be not so good and sunny next week. Pitty!:(((

Jennny
Jennny Posted Thu 10 Jul, 2008 2:47 PM Quote
velvet wrote:
You are welcome!!! :))) But I just saw that weather in Latvia will be not so good and sunny next week. Pitty!:(((

Really? That's a shame then. Though it probably still beats the weather we've had in finland, or at least i dare to hope so (:

And i just watched At The Palace! As mind-blowing as always

Jennny
Jennny Posted Fri 11 Jul, 2008 12:26 PM Quote
Um, once again a question about the festival buses. I just thought about checking the festivals official page in latvian (just in case) and finally found the schedule of the buses.

http://www.positivusabfestival.com/news/?id=41
Organizes specialus autobusu reisus uz Positivus AB FestivaluLielakais muzikas festivals Baltija Positivus AB organizes specialus autobusu reisus, kas kurses festivala laika no Rigas uz Salagrivu un atpakal. Autobusu kustiba no Rigas centra dos iespeju festivalu apmeklet daudz plašakam apmekletaju lokam. Autobusu biletes noperkamas iepriekšpardošana www.bezrindas.lv.

Festivala publikas parvadašanai kurses ap 20 autobusu, kas plano parvadat ap 900 cilvaku.
Autobusi kursas no Rigas (starp Esplanadi un viesnicu Latvija) uz Salacgrivu sekojošos laikos:
piektdien, 18. julija:
pl. 14.00 – cena 2.50 Ls
pl. 17.00 – cena 3.00 Ls
pl. 20.00 – cena 3.00 Ls
(Sorry, i changed some of the letters. Apparently this site can't read them.)

So, i don't know if there's any information we should know but what do you think about buying the tickets in advance? Is it really necessary or can we just buy the tickets from the bus for example? If not then the problem is buying the tickets 'cause we can't make head or tail of this ticket site https://www.bezrindas.lv/index2.php?lang=en

I'd really appreciate the help :)

EDIT: we already got the answer from some tourist information service so no need to answer but thanks anyway :-D

Jennny
Jennny Posted Sun 13 Jul, 2008 8:12 PM Quote
see you on friday!

juuuli
juuuli Posted Sun 13 Jul, 2008 9:32 PM Quote
Jennny wrote:
see you on friday!

Yes, you shall! Actually on Thursday already, but on Friday as well. Hopefully we'll see, and possibly even meet, other boardies there as well.

Eledh
Eledh Posted Sun 13 Jul, 2008 9:35 PM Quote
juuuli wrote:
Jennny wrote:
see you on friday!

Yes, you shall! Actually on Thursday already, but on Friday as well. Hopefully we'll see, and possibly even meet, other boardies there as well.

I should be there.
Wish me luck.
XD

Pages Previous 1 2 [3] 4 Next All Times BST Current Time 12:02 AM