Travis

Re: New Album
Nikki
Nikki Posted Fri 14 Mar, 2008 10:26 PM Quote
Another point...

I'm not sure about all of you, but I mainly listen to music in my car and I've heard from my brother(who has a Zune) that when you listen to digital downloads it's no where near as clear as listening to a CD because the MP3 player has to go through a radio signal or something. Forgive me, like I said, I'm not up-to-date with the downloading craze yet, but have they come up with another way to play the music in the car that doesn't involve having to go through a radio signal yet?

heyjude
heyjude Posted Fri 14 Mar, 2008 11:02 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:
Another point...

I'm not sure about all of you, but I mainly listen to music in my car and I've heard from my brother(who has a Zune) that when you listen to digital downloads it's no where near as clear as listening to a CD because the MP3 player has to go through a radio signal or something. Forgive me, like I said, I'm not up-to-date with the downloading craze yet, but have they come up with another way to play the music in the car that doesn't involve having to go through a radio signal yet?

Hey Nikki, there are various car adapters for MP3 players out there now. Do a search online "MP3 player car adapter" and you'll get an array of results.

I have an iPod and used to hook it up to a car adapter that requires a radio signal to play music through the car's speakers (like what your bro describes). It didn't work for me at all because the San Francisco bay area airwaves are just jammed and I could never find an open/unused signal. I'd have to be very, very far away from the city to get a decent signal. Piece of junk that cost $70!

Now I have a $20 cassette tape adapter for my car that plugs to my iPod. It still plays through the car's speakers and works better because it doesn't use a radio signal. Hope that helps :-)

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Sat 15 Mar, 2008 1:02 AM Quote
Nikki wrote:
Another point...

Mp3s sound exactly the same. 99% of people would say that, but if you use that thing you mention I have no idea. My mate has an earphone socket in his car and he uses a 2 way cable thing. One that fits into the mp3 player as usual and the other in the car. We blast music out and it sounds fantastic.

Esteban
Esteban Posted Sat 15 Mar, 2008 1:33 AM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
Nikki wrote:
Another point...

Mp3s sound exactly the same. 99% of people would say that, but if you use that thing you mention I have no idea. My mate has an earphone socket in his car and he uses a 2 way cable thing. One that fits into the mp3 player as usual and the other in the car. We blast music out and it sounds fantastic.

I've got this as well.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Sat 15 Mar, 2008 11:23 AM Quote
Oh ok! Thanks Jude, Ben, Es...told ya I was out of the loop. lol!

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Sat 15 Mar, 2008 1:39 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:

Nothing wrong in that. :) lol

Glad to help. There's certainly stuff out there you can use that don't hurt sound quality. And the advantage is that you don't need all your CDs in your car!

Nikki
Nikki Posted Sun 16 Mar, 2008 1:58 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
Nikki wrote:

Nothing wrong in that. :) lol

Glad to help. There's certainly stuff out there you can use that don't hurt sound quality. And the advantage is that you don't need all your CDs in your car!

I'm in the process of looking for a new car right now because the lease on my Sebring is up soon. All the new cars have these tiny little center consoles which I find really annoying, because that's where I like to keep my CDs! Some of the new cars I looked at don't even have a center console at all and just had an iPod holder. >:/ I guess they just assume that everyone has one now. Everyone but ME! lol.

amandatravisfan
amandatravisfan Posted Sun 16 Mar, 2008 6:16 PM Quote
i canĀ“t wait to hear it!! thank you guys for your music!
love from argentina!!

greeny81
greeny81 Posted Mon 17 Mar, 2008 10:11 AM Quote
That's so cool Fran posts on here - can't wait for the new album

SgtPepper67
SgtPepper67 Posted Mon 17 Mar, 2008 7:24 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
Nikki wrote:
Another point...

mp3s doesn't sound exactly the same as CD. MP3 is a compressed format with quality loss, I don't know how to explain it but it's like high and low frecuencies are cut off from the original audio so it's not the same, although many people don't notice it. It depends on the rate it was converted (128kbps, 192kbps, etc.), the lower bit rate the worst quality audio the file will have. 192kbps and higher sounds pretty good.

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Mon 17 Mar, 2008 8:03 PM Quote
I know exactly what an mp3 is. That's why I said 99% of people would say it sounds exactly the same. Some people notice it but I and most other people would say that the difference is near enough absolutely nothing. Most people would say to their ears it sounds exactly the same, I do. :)

Nikki
Nikki Posted Tue 18 Mar, 2008 12:18 AM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
I know exactly what an mp3 is. That's why I said 99% of people would say it sounds exactly the same. Some people notice it but I and most other people would say that the difference is near enough absolutely nothing. Most people would say to their ears it sounds exactly the same, I do. :)

Is it comparable to the difference between the sound quality on vinyl vs. CD? Because I can really hear the difference there. Just wondering. :)

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Tue 18 Mar, 2008 3:13 AM Quote
Nikki wrote:
BenFilbert wrote:

Is it comparable to the difference between the sound quality on vinyl vs. CD? Because I can really hear the difference there. Just wondering. :)

I imagine you've heard many mp3s actually. Have any music files on your computer? Its probably mp3. I don't hear any difference from mp3 to cd at all. I wouldn't know there was one if I didn't know there actually was supposed to be a difference if you get what I mean. You know all the Travis b sides that fans have uploaded for us to download? They're all mp3. Did you download In Rainbows on it's download release. I believe that was all mp3.

I've not heard enough vinyl to be able to comment on that.

Pages Previous 1 2 [3] All Times BST Current Time 1:52 PM