Travis

For Fran
milos
milos Posted Tue 11 Mar, 2008 11:24 PM Quote
I know you probably hate these “tour questions” but this is a bit different, so I hope you will at least take a look if not answer it. I know it’s probably too early but I would just like to know if there is a slightest chance you might play Central/Eastern Europe (Hungary, Croatia, Serbia, Bulgaria..) on your next tour? I’m from Serbia and I’ve been a huge Travis fan for years. I’ve been dying to see you live as your music has been an enormous influence in the process of my growing up and forming some basic opinions and music taste in general. And even inspiring me to start playing guitar myself. So it wouldn’t be an overstatement to say that Travis is a very important part of my life. And it probably sounds clichéd but you do have a lot of fans here. We had some of the biggest world acts lately. Exit Festival which takes place in one of our largest cities Novi Sad has been voted best festival in Europe last year, Sziget in the capital of Hungary, Budapest is also really huge festival, so i had high hopes last year when you were announcing tour dates after a long break. But nothing happened. I’m not blaming you and you’re probably not even in charge of these things completely and there must be tons of business factors i know nothing about.. but I just needed to write this and get it off my chest! I hope you at least acknowledge the fact that there a lot of people in this part of the world who really LOVE you. :-)

Milos
Fran
Fran Posted Wed 12 Mar, 2008 3:20 PM Quote
cao milose,

da budem potpuno iskren, jos uvek nemam pojma gde cemo na turneju ovog leta... za sada nema nikakvih planova da idemo u tvoje krajeve, ali cu sigurno pritisnuti naseg menadzera da se potrudi i sredi nesto po tom pitanju. u svakom slucaju, jako bismo voleli da dodjemo i sviramo u tvojoj zemlji... hvala na javljanju!

pozdrav,

fran

Milos
Fran
Fran Posted Wed 12 Mar, 2008 3:22 PM Quote
cao milose,

da budem potpuno iskren, jos uvek nemam pojma gde cemo na turneju ovog leta... za sada nema nikakvih planova da idemo u tvoje krajeve, ali cu sigurno pritisnuti naseg menadzera da se potrudi i sredi nesto po tom pitanju. u svakom slucaju, jako bismo voleli da dodjemo i sviramo u tvojoj zemlji... hvala na javljanju!

pozdrav,

fran

Re: For Fran
weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Wed 12 Mar, 2008 3:41 PM Quote
It'd be great if someone who speaks Serbian could translate this because here is what I got from putting into an online translation. I think I get the gist but it's still pretty funny in the parts that are off.

cao mistress , yes being completely blunt jos ever is no conceive where cemo over tour this lethe. after actually is no none blueprint yes idemo from your by the end of , but cu assuredly depress naseg menadzera yes yourself make an effort plus core nesto according to Tom issue. from each slucaju , tightly Bismarck care yes assignation plus musician from your Earth. thank over advising! farewell , franc

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Wed 12 Mar, 2008 3:49 PM Quote
weirdmominaustin wrote:
It'd be great if someone who speaks Serbian could translate this because here is what I got from putting into an online translation. I think I get the gist but it's still pretty funny in the parts that are off.

cao mistress , yes being completely blunt jos ever is no conceive where cemo over tour this lethe. after actually is no none blueprint yes idemo from your by the end of , but cu assuredly depress naseg menadzera yes yourself make an effort plus core nesto according to Tom issue. from each slucaju , tightly Bismarck care yes assignation plus musician from your Earth. thank over advising! farewell , franc

I did the same thing. I don't get any of it. Haha. I hope Fran didn't use one of those translation things because i bet even Serbian people won't understand it. :)

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Wed 12 Mar, 2008 3:59 PM Quote
How did you find out it was in Serbian?! I spent ages not getting anywhere - Bosnian was the closest I got, but try and find a website that translates from that!

Why did Fran reply to an English message in Serbian? Odd. And why has it translated his name as Franc? Has it heard of Treivis?

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Wed 12 Mar, 2008 4:00 PM Quote
the boy with a cryptic name wrote:
How did you find out it was in Serbian?! I spent ages not getting anywhere - Bosnian was the closest I got, but try and find a website that translates from that!

Why did Fran reply to an English message in Serbian? Odd. And why has it translated his name as Franc? Has it heard of Treivis?

If you read it, he says "I'm from Serbia" Haha. Easy to miss.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Wed 12 Mar, 2008 4:12 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
I did the same thing. I don't get any of it. Haha. I hope Fran didn't use one of those translation things because i bet even Serbian people won't understand it. :)

Sometimes those things do OK going one way but if you put it back in it translates horribly.

Ha ha about Franc and Trevis.

milos
milos Posted Wed 12 Mar, 2008 4:21 PM Quote
I'm in SHOCK!? I didn't expect an answer, let alone in Serbian. I have nooo idea how you pulled this off but thank you so much!!! You have no idea how much it means to me. This is like a dream. Fran talking to me in Serbian! :-) For everyone else: Fran answered that they’d like to come and play in Serbia but don’t have any plans at the moment. And he also said that he has no clue where they will play this summer as it is probably to early for that. I still can’t believe this! The logical explanation would be that someone translated it for him, but still.. It doesn’t make it any less shocking! I’m still having trouble believing this is all real!

Monica
Monica Posted Wed 12 Mar, 2008 4:25 PM Quote
Hey Milos, you're a lucky person, aren't you?

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Wed 12 Mar, 2008 4:29 PM Quote
milos wrote:
I'm in SHOCK!? I didn't expect an answer, let alone in Serbian. I have nooo idea how you pulled this off but thank you so much!!! You have no idea how much it means to me. This is like a dream. Fran talking to me in Serbian! :-) For everyone else: Fran answered that they’d like to come and play in Serbia but don’t have any plans at the moment. And he also said that he has no clue where they will play this summer as it is probably to early for that. I still can’t believe this! The logical explanation would be that someone translated it for him, but still.. It doesn’t make it any less shocking! I’m still having trouble believing this is all real!

Fran is great to us fans isn't he??

So happy that he made your day.

Alisha
Alisha Posted Wed 12 Mar, 2008 4:32 PM Quote
why can't I help but picturing in my mind a grin on Fran's face the moment he managed to write such an answer knowing to leave 99% of us in both awe and curiosity? :)

gaby
gaby Posted Wed 12 Mar, 2008 4:32 PM Quote
WOW!! indeed! you are very lucky milos!! :)
Another proof of Fran being the coolest person on earth!!
These are the little things that increase my love for Travis

milos
milos Posted Wed 12 Mar, 2008 4:39 PM Quote
He is the coolest guy EVER! I’m sure no other band is so nice to their fans. I have no words to express how happy I am! I feel like a 4-year old boy! :)

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Wed 12 Mar, 2008 4:42 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
the boy with a cryptic name wrote:

If you read it, he says "I'm from Serbia" Haha. Easy to miss.

Lol, you don't actually think I read the question, do you? I was too busy trying to translate the question! :P

Fran, that's quite an impressive trick, but possibly not worth the many months of learning?

Milos, thanks for the translation. Keep hoping for a gig in Serbia!

Pages [1] 2 3 4 Next All Times BST Current Time 11:53 AM