Travis

Question for Fran
BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Tue 11 Mar, 2008 2:37 PM Quote
Don't know if you'll want to answer this but i was listening to an old podcast last night from last April. And you said that one reason why you were away for so long was to "write a whole bunch of songs that we can use over the next couple of albums." And in recent interviews, you've said that you used all the songs that could be used. And of course you've said this new album is newly written.

What made you change your mind? And will we get to hear these songs one day?

Thanks for being so brilliant! :)

Re: Question for Fran
RaZzZ
RaZzZ Posted Tue 11 Mar, 2008 7:25 PM Quote
Yes, i have the same question, what happened with the other songs?

Answer For Filbert
Fran
Fran Posted Tue 11 Mar, 2008 9:21 PM Quote
We mixed 21 songs for the last record...it became apparent very quickly though that these extra songs would be used for bonus tracks in different formats ie iTunes bonus tracks and UK retail needed extra tracks as well as b sides. There were other songs we partly recorded which we abandoned as they were not going down (being recorded) easily. Some of these may still see the light of day...for instance one song which I always imagined a flowing piano line accomanying but didn't have the skill to execute has recently been worked on briefly with the mighty Claes Bjorklund. It now works but was too late for inclusion on this new record but will either be a bside or may be on album 7!!
We wrote all the songs for this album, apart from Something Anything, in the 5 week window we set aside for this task.
Hope this answered your question.

Re: Answer For Filbert
RaZzZ
RaZzZ Posted Tue 11 Mar, 2008 9:40 PM Quote
Fran wrote:
We mixed 21 songs for the last record...it became apparent very quickly though that these extra songs would be used for bonus tracks in different formats ie iTunes bonus tracks and UK retail needed extra tracks as well as b sides. There were other songs we partly recorded which we abandoned as they were not going down (being recorded) easily. Some of these may still see the light of day...for instance one song which I always imagined a flowing piano line accomanying but didn't have the skill to execute has recently been worked on briefly with the mighty Claes Bjorklund. It now works but was too late for inclusion on this new record but will either be a bside or may be on album 7!!
We wrote all the songs for this album, apart from Something Anything, in the 5 week window we set aside for this task.

on album 7??? Wow!!! You´re my heroe Fran!! n_n´

Well, the firsts singles had record 3 or more songs, and today the singles had 2 (like in tbwnn). Travis should record that songs on next singles.

Thanks a lot Fran.

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Wed 12 Mar, 2008 12:43 AM Quote
Thanks so very much Fran. Very interesting. The fact that 10 out of the 11 new songs were written so quickly really excites me as a fan. You guys are fantastic and talk of album 7 before we have album 6 is exciting. Really look forward to hearing that song too. Again, thanks Fran! :)

luchodg
luchodg Posted Wed 12 Mar, 2008 1:14 AM Quote
Yep! I'm so excited!! I would like to travel to the future and listen the next 2 albums...

Ohhhh i can't wait :´(

Thanks Fran!

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Wed 12 Mar, 2008 1:59 AM Quote
Fran wrote:

Talking about album 7 already!
This is way too good xD.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Wed 12 Mar, 2008 2:57 AM Quote
I like how Fran changed the subject line to "Answer for Filbert"

gladsadmad
gladsadmad Posted Wed 12 Mar, 2008 9:04 AM Quote
Fran wrote:

Thanks for that Fran.
Woah! Album 7? Slow down fella! Album 6 has still to be delivered to the world. ;D
But it's good to know that you are already stockpiling decent songs for the next one after the next one..
Interesting to find out that Dougie's Something Anything is the oldest song on the next album. To set yourself a challenging deadline of 5 weeks to completely write your album 'task' is amazing. I believe you will more than pass the test.

Here's the list of what I believe to be the 21 songs:-

The 21 songs mixed for The Boy With No Name
01: 3 Times And You Lose
02: Selfish Jean
03: Closer
04: Big Chair
05: Battleships
06: Eyes Wide Open
07: My Eyes
08: One Night
09: Under The Moonlight
10: Out In Space
11: Colder
12: New Amsterdam
13: Sailing Away
14: Perfect Heaven Space
15: Say Hello
16: The Day To Day
17: This Love
18: The Great Unknown
19: You Bring Me Down
20: Chances
21: My Last Chance

Plus 3 Squeeze covers for b-sides
22: Is That Love?
23: Pulling Mussels (From The Shell)
24: Up The Junction

That makes 24, but I think Fran was talking about Travis originals, which would make it the correct figure of 21.

baby faced woman
baby faced woman Posted Wed 12 Mar, 2008 11:40 AM Quote
Fran answered your Q,Ben.....you talked with Fran.
envy youuuuu. :(

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Wed 12 Mar, 2008 1:07 PM Quote
weirdmominaustin wrote:
I like how Fran changed the subject line to "Answer for Filbert"

Haha! He did, you're right. Thanks for pointing that out. :)

FranFlower
FranFlower Posted Wed 12 Mar, 2008 3:57 PM Quote
Fran wrote:
Some of these may still see the light of day...for instance one song which I always imagined a flowing piano line accomanying but didn't have the skill to execute has recently been worked on briefly with the mighty Claes Bjorklund. It now works but was too late for inclusion on this new record but will either be a bside or may be on album 7!!

Oh Fran, this sounds brilliant! I have a weak spot for piano :-)
Thanks for taking time to post, you know we appreciate it.

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Wed 12 Mar, 2008 4:26 PM Quote
Thanks for the reply Fran, at least it's not in Eastern European this time :)

Interesting info, especially the five weeks thing. Were you not worried you wouldn't write enough? Evidently it didn't go too badly anyway :D

Album 7? You're addicted!

healyramirez
healyramirez Posted Wed 12 Mar, 2008 11:36 PM Quote
i want to know who has writing Perfect Heaven Space

milos
milos Posted Thu 13 Mar, 2008 6:25 PM Quote
You Bring Me Down is such a great song. I think they should have ended TBWNN with that one instead of New Amsterdam which I also really like.. But in my opinion You Bring Me Down would be the perfect closing track after Colder.

Pages [1] 2 Next All Times BST Current Time 10:38 PM