Travis

Re: Bad cover thread
heyjude
heyjude Posted Tue 11 Mar, 2008 6:07 AM Quote

HAHAHA! They speak some Tagalog at the beginning of the vid. Basically, the girl knows the song, but the other guys aren't as familiar. The guy sitting down doesn't really want to play, says he doesn't know the song, which is why there's some convincing and ego-stroking ("you control the world, you control the music") going on. They're all just winging it.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Tue 11 Mar, 2008 1:10 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window wrote:
Nikki wrote:

That reminds me...I should remove my version of "Friends" before it ends up on this thread, lol!

Pff! But yours is so good! Don't do that!

lol! Ok, ok. I won't...yet. But I am taking it down when the new album comes out. I don't want random people searching for Travis' version of "Friends" on youtube to see mine! Boardies only! lol.

You read my mind! I was thinking about that last night while vacuuming. Hey, when the album comes out and the "normal" people find out about "Friends" people from all over the world will be leaving comments telling me I suck. In the words of George McFly from "Back to the Future": I just don't think I could take that kind of rejection.

I like the Crossnecks version of U16. The contrast between their look and the sweet lace curtains in the back cracked me up.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Tue 11 Mar, 2008 2:24 PM Quote
heyjude wrote:

HAHAHA! They speak some Tagalog at the beginning of the vid. Basically, the girl knows the song, but the other guys aren't as familiar. The guy sitting down doesn't really want to play, says he doesn't know the song, which is why there's some convincing and ego-stroking ("you control the world, you control the music") going on. They're all just winging it.

Thanks for the Tagalog insight. That is really funny.

Nikki, thanks for the U16 cover. It's not bad but it made me laugh.

Yes the lace curtain (and the menorah) are a nice touch.

carlottarocks
carlottarocks Posted Wed 12 Mar, 2008 12:16 AM Quote
heyjude wrote:

Thank you Jude the interpreter!

heyjude
heyjude Posted Wed 12 Mar, 2008 12:39 AM Quote
carlottarocks wrote:
Thank you Jude the interpreter!

Happy to interpret any time :-)

I like the Japanese dude's covers, and German dudes (U16) too.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Wed 12 Mar, 2008 2:01 AM Quote
Did anyone post Ukulele/Harmonica guy yet?

Closer
It's kinda scary the way he keep leaning into the camera. He has several others too. He's not that bad, it's just...unusual.

This guy is pretty good. Side

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Wed 12 Mar, 2008 4:28 AM Quote
My friend Pochis uploaded a version of WDIAROM? she did with her band in 2003 (she's not in that band anymore).
I'm not puting the link here because I think it's bad (not so sure about the guy that sings, but I've heard her play several times and she's great), I just didn't want to open a new thread, in case she comes to the forum (she's a member of the board).

She's the drummer, btw :o)

If she ever finds out I've posted this here, she'll kill me... but it's on YouTube, so it's not my fault xD.

Pochis rocks!!!

Aletways
Aletways Posted Wed 12 Mar, 2008 4:30 AM Quote
Uuuh! Watch out Juli!!!

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Wed 12 Mar, 2008 4:35 AM Quote
Aletways wrote:
Uuuh! Watch out Juli!!!

Shhh! Don't tell her and it'll be ok xD.

firebird
firebird Posted Wed 12 Mar, 2008 10:33 AM Quote
My friend Pochis uploaded a version of WDIAROM? she did with her band in 2003 (she's not in that band anymore).
I'm not puting the link here because I think it's bad (not so sure about the guy that sings, but I've heard her play several times and she's great), I just didn't want to open a new thread, in case she comes to the forum (she's a member of the board).

She's the drummer, btw :o)

If she ever finds out I've posted this here, she'll kill me... but it's on YouTube, so it's not my fault xD.

Pochis rocks!!!

Ay July, July...
The worst isnt the singer, is the 1st guitar, its not tuned correctly, so in the midles sounds crappy because of this
I cant hear the bass neither, as far as i can see Pochis play it very well

Off topic: Is she in a band at this moment? / or searching?
Cmy english socks...really sucks) dont kill me...hehehe

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Wed 12 Mar, 2008 7:16 PM Quote
firebird wrote:

Ay July, July...
The worst isnt the singer, is the 1st guitar, its not tuned correctly, so in the midles sounds crappy because of this
I cant hear the bass neither, as far as i can see Pochis play it very well

Off topic: Is she in a band at this moment? / or searching?
Cmy english socks...really sucks) dont kill me...hehehe

Hahaha xD.
She's not in a band, she had a problem with her shoulder so she can't play (but she still plays, of course xD).
You can't really see how cool she is in that video, I met her two years after that and she plays way better now.
Aguante Pocha, Gerar, eh? No te metas con la Pocha xD.

bogusblue
bogusblue Posted Thu 13 Mar, 2008 6:17 AM Quote

Aguante Pocha, Gerar, eh? No te metas con la Pocha xD.

Jajajaja, aguante la Pocha entonces! xDD
She plays very well... at least for me - of course, someone who has never play drums - she sounds great! =)

bobsandbag
bobsandbag Posted Thu 13 Mar, 2008 10:44 PM Quote
What about this one?

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=OkDsYQIyADE

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Wed 19 Mar, 2008 11:31 PM Quote
Ugh. This is terrible

Sing

Turtleneck