Travis

Re: Fran Healy and the Travis Effect
bara
bara Posted Wed 05 Mar, 2008 10:02 AM Quote
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window wrote:
You come out as very excited, it's funny :oP

I met them when they came to Argentina last november. I got to see them and talk to them a few times during the three days they stayed in Buenos Aires. And they're awesome. Extremely polite. I didn't expect that at all. Not that I thought they'd be a**holes or anything, but they're very very friendly... it's not normal hahaha.
And when I saw them live it all made sense. They have this thing of making the fans feel so welcome. The connection with the audience is such an important thing when they play, that their "attitude" (?) towards the fans outside the venue is just an extension of that. It's lovely.
They're the nicest band I've ever met.

(Sorry about my English).

juli,your English is great! dont be sorry about that. what shell i say then?!?!?! i had to sorry about almost every sentence i guess..

bara
bara Posted Wed 05 Mar, 2008 10:04 AM Quote
Elein wrote:
Travis makes the world a better place.

fantastic sentence! totally agree

bara
bara Posted Wed 05 Mar, 2008 10:05 AM Quote
GMS1968 wrote:
Its just great that we all feel the same.
It seems like all Travis fans are realy nice people too.
Everyone expresses themselves superbly.

I am fairly new to the boards and would like to take this chance to say hello to everybody.

welcome here :)

EDIT:
sorry for so many posts, just didnt know how to quote every post i wanted to post in one post.(thats a strange sentence. i hope its right?!).

well you all tell so many good things about the Travis guys and The Travis Effect. Im really jealous now ;)
but happy for you you could meet them yet.
When I was at my first (and only) gig (so far) i was 12. So I didnt meet them..
I hope Ill get the change one day. I always believed theyre quite nice.
although someone told me something different..

donnamarsh3
donnamarsh3 Posted Wed 05 Mar, 2008 10:42 AM Quote
i met them at brighton and they were all lovely(except neil, who had to leave)they all stayed for ages signing autographs and just chatting. can't wait to meet them again!!!!! hopefully

GMS1968
GMS1968 Posted Wed 05 Mar, 2008 4:22 PM Quote
GMS1968 wrote:
Its just great that we all feel the same.
It seems like all Travis fans are realy nice people too.
Everyone expresses themselves superbly.

I am fairly new to the boards and would like to take this chance to say hello to everybody.

Hi! :o)
Cheers from Argentina.

Hello:) Nice poster.

yulen10
yulen10 Posted Wed 05 Mar, 2008 10:00 PM Quote
They deserve to have a long successful career.

barby
barby Posted Wed 05 Mar, 2008 11:43 PM Quote
I met them last year in Argentina (for the first time).
They were very lovely, kind, nice...
Fran is very charismatic.
Andy has a soft face! I could gave him a kiss on the cheek :) And he was so nice when I asked him if he could sign my T-shirt with a poor " Can you put.." and he inmediately understood me because I had a pen. I feel very shamed, because I don´t speak english (My english is basic).
Neil got a beatiful eyes and smile. He was nice with me too. And Dougie has a round signature/autogrpah XD.
But when I saw them I feel shoked, without words, slowly breath, sometimes I asked myself if I had in a dream, Are they here??
And today it´s wednesday, 5 and I remember them very well, they are people very kind and affectionate with their fans and that is so important for us.
That was my first experience face to face with a band and not just a "band", "my favourite band" ! And that means love, many years waiting for them.

Sorry for my english, I just want to express my love for the guys and the "Travis effect" on my. Thanks!

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Thu 06 Mar, 2008 3:40 AM Quote
Thanks Laura & Bara for those compliments on my english! You guys are so nice :o)

bara wrote:

well you all tell so many good things about the Travis guys and The Travis Effect. Im really jealous now ;)

Ahh, don't worry. You'll get your chance some day :o)
Someone had told me that Fran was a bit unpleasant a long time ago, but honestly, that person was 150% wrong. If that was Fran being unpleasant, I can't even imagine how nice he is when he's friendly xD.

bara
bara Posted Thu 06 Mar, 2008 10:17 AM Quote
Thanks Laura & Bara for those compliments on my english! You guys are so nice :o)

bara wrote:

Ahh, don't worry. You'll get your chance some day :o)
Someone had told me that Fran was a bit unpleasant a long time ago, but honestly, that person was 150% wrong. If that was Fran being unpleasant, I can't even imagine how nice he is when he's friendly xD.

good to hear that ^^ then i wont worry ;)

Pages Previous 1 [2] All Times BST Current Time 11:37 PM