Travis

Re: The Official Nighttiming Thread
Meridith
Meridith Posted Sun 19 Oct, 2008 6:25 AM Quote
aww cute kitties! how many cats does your neighbor have?

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Sun 19 Oct, 2008 6:25 AM Quote
I tried to stick to artists who's glory days are more in the 90's you know? Like the 90's defined them. Technically Weezer did debut in the 90's. I mean you can add it to your, but I really didn't discover Weezer until I was in my teens. I was 7 when Weezer first came out.

For some strange reason my dad really really dug Sugar Ray and Smash Mouth. Ughhhhhhh.

Meridith
Meridith Posted Sun 19 Oct, 2008 6:26 AM Quote
ElspethOllie wrote:
I tried to stick to artists who's glory days are more in the 90's you know? Like the 90's defined them. Technically Weezer did debut in the 90's. I mean you can add it to your, but I really didn't discover Weezer until I was in my teens. I was 7 when Weezer first came out.

For some strange reason my dad really really dug Sugar Ray and Smash Mouth. Ughhhhhhh.

wow you just made me feel ancient! :(

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Sun 19 Oct, 2008 6:28 AM Quote
Meridith wrote:

Sorry.

One of the songs I put on there was, "How Do You Talk to and Angel?" Does anyone remember the show that featured that song? I didn't watch it, I don't even remember what the show was called but I remember hearing the friggin song. Did anyone watch it?

Also, I remember the summer when, "Kiss from a Rose" was everywhere. That was a song I didn't mind hearing over and over again.

DAKOTA
DAKOTA Posted Sun 19 Oct, 2008 6:30 AM Quote
My dad digs Katy Perry. :( Bleurgh!!!!

I'd say Weezer hit pretty big in the early 90's with Buddy Holly and Undone etc..etc...I dunno, I was in middle school, but I remember them from back then. Then Pinkerton tanked and...I will stop now. Reformed Weezer addict here, sorry. ;) El Scorcho is my favorite song by them though.

I'm not a big fan of that Sugar Ray song...there was one song I did like by them, but I don't remember what it was anymore. :(

Meridith
Meridith Posted Sun 19 Oct, 2008 6:31 AM Quote
ElspethOllie wrote:
Meridith wrote:

Sorry.

One of the songs I put on there was, "How Do You Talk to and Angel?" Does anyone remember the show that featured that song? I didn't watch it, I don't even remember what the show was called but I remember hearing the friggin song. Did anyone watch it?

ah crap...I'm drawing a blank on the show but I remember what you are talking about.

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Sun 19 Oct, 2008 6:31 AM Quote
7. Standing Outside A Broken Phone Booth with Money in My Hand - Primitive Radio Gods

Does anyone else remember this song? It was so weird. just really bizarre.

So have you guys started reading the Sookie Stackhouse series yet? Dak??? I just finished the 8th book. The eight book is the latest in the series so... I'm stuck for now.

DAKOTA
DAKOTA Posted Sun 19 Oct, 2008 6:35 AM Quote
ElspethOllie wrote:
7. Standing Outside A Broken Phone Booth with Money in My Hand - Primitive Radio Gods

Does anyone else remember this song? It was so weird. just really bizarre.

So have you guys started reading the Sookie Stackhouse series yet? Dak??? I just finished the 8th book. The eight book is the latest in the series so... I'm stuck for now.

I remember that song! I like it.

I haven't gotten to the bookstore yet! Have to cash some checks, but next week I will have Torchwood books to read! ;)

The song I was thinking of was: Roll to Me by Del Amitri

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Sun 19 Oct, 2008 6:36 AM Quote
Meridith wrote:
ElspethOllie wrote:
Meridith wrote:

Sorry.

ah crap...I'm drawing a blank on the show but I remember what you are talking about.

The Heights... perhaps? I remember seeing some show on MTV about one hit wonders and they talked about that guys song and about how the show was cancelled after... like 4 episodes. And then he was on 90210 and he abused Tori Spelling's character. And how girls would go to his shows with signs that said, "Leave Donna alone!!!"

Anyways...

Dak, did you ever watch Wonderfalls?

DAKOTA
DAKOTA Posted Sun 19 Oct, 2008 6:39 AM Quote
Nope. When was that on? There was actually a period in time when I didn't watch practically everything under the sun. (Pre-Tivo, I'd imagine. Haha!) I think remember hearing it was pretty good?

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Sun 19 Oct, 2008 6:41 AM Quote
DAKOTA wrote:

The song I was thinking of was: Roll to Me by Del Amitri

Ahhh!! Good call Dak!!!

Roll to Me- Del Amitri

I got's another!

Send Me On My Way - Rusted Root

I loved this song because it was in the end of the movie Matilda. I freakin' loved that movie.

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Sun 19 Oct, 2008 6:43 AM Quote
DAKOTA wrote:
Nope. When was that on? There was actually a period in time when I didn't watch practically everything under the sun. (Pre-Tivo, I'd imagine. Haha!) I think remember hearing it was pretty good?

Yeah, they have the first 6 episodes on YT. Since you said you liked Pushing Daisies I though you'd want to check it out. It's from the same person (Bryan Fuller) and it also has Lee Pace in it too. So... yeah.

Meridith
Meridith Posted Sun 19 Oct, 2008 6:44 AM Quote
ElspethOllie wrote:

The Heights... perhaps? I remember seeing some show on MTV about one hit wonders and they talked about that guys song and about how the show was cancelled after... like 4 episodes. And then he was on 90210 and he abused Tori Spelling's character. And how girls would go to his shows with signs that said, "Leave Donna alone!!!"

yeah, maybe so. that's funny about the signs!

Meridith
Meridith Posted Sun 19 Oct, 2008 6:46 AM Quote
ElspethOllie wrote:

Send Me On My Way - Rusted Root

I loved this song because it was in the end of the movie Matilda. I freakin' loved that movie.

ahhh! good one...I loved that song too.

DAKOTA
DAKOTA Posted Sun 19 Oct, 2008 6:46 AM Quote
I was suddenly reminded of these guys:

Blessid Union of Souls

Or this one!!!!

I have no idea if they were a Cincinnati phenomenon only or what, but these songs are ingrained into my brain. haha. :)

Pages Previous 1...132 133 134 135 [136] 137 138 139 140 141 142 Next All Times BST Current Time 4:46 AM
Thread Locked