Travis

Promises, Promises
Why Does It Always Payne On Me
Why Does It Always Payne On Me Posted Sun 24 Feb, 2008 12:19 AM Quote
Hmm.

Was any one else at the Toronto (Can o' Duh) gig last summer? I seem to recall Francis saying that they were taping (or taking 5-second-delays of) the crowd that night, and that they'd put it up on MySpace soon.

Am I mis-remembering? Was I hallucinating? Was it a cruel cruel joke?

And if this video does exist, could the guys be so lovely and kind as to put it up in their spare time? The T-dot fans would love you (MOAR! [sorry, LOLcat moment]) for it.

Cheers,
I Am Eating Dried Peas And I Don't Know Why. (IAEDPAIDKW)

Re: Promises, Promises
santiago
santiago Posted Sun 24 Feb, 2008 2:39 AM Quote
je me souviens!

Dun-dun-dunlop
Dun-dun-dunlop Posted Sun 24 Feb, 2008 2:47 AM Quote
Hopefully we're not both losing it (yeah, we're lo-si-ing it [you can slap me for the horrible pun later]). I very clearly remember Fran mentioning it during the gig too.

Surely a few of the 68 other Kool Haus attendees can back us up on this...

loria
loria Posted Sun 24 Feb, 2008 5:45 AM Quote
i remember that! the laptop that Nigel had set up right? i swear i saw it at both the detroit and chicago gigs as well....

Dun-dun-dunlop
Dun-dun-dunlop Posted Wed 19 Mar, 2008 5:55 PM Quote
Bumping this because I would still very much like to know where those photos/videos are.

Fran? TWT? Anyone?

minnmess
minnmess Posted Thu 20 Mar, 2008 4:00 AM Quote
Yes that was definatly said. Didnt we all wave at the camera/laptop or something? And they said it was outside filming us all as we came into the Kool Haus.
Hmm.

Fran
Fran Posted Thu 20 Mar, 2008 5:48 PM Quote
Yes we did record this but when we came off stage we realised that our trusty technician, Nigel ( of the Godrich variety ) had neglected to switch it on...
Bah!

RaZzZ
RaZzZ Posted Thu 20 Mar, 2008 9:38 PM Quote
Fran wrote:
Yes we did record this but when we came off stage we realised that our trusty technician, Nigel ( of the Godrich variety ) had neglected to switch it on...
Bah!

Boo...
That`s so bad

minnmess
minnmess Posted Fri 21 Mar, 2008 2:05 AM Quote
ah, bummer!
Oh well. Still one of the greatest nights of my life.

Edited to say: I love that Fran said "Bah." Definatly one of my fav expressions of frustration.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Fri 21 Mar, 2008 2:56 AM Quote
loria wrote:
i remember that! the laptop that Nigel had set up right? i swear i saw it at both the detroit and chicago gigs as well....

In Detroit too?!?!? Oh darn! Such a bummer! :( Would have loved to see it. Such an amazing night!

Steph_canuck
Steph_canuck Posted Fri 21 Mar, 2008 3:03 AM Quote
fooy. Well, I guess we'll just have to make another!

Dun-dun-dunlop
Dun-dun-dunlop Posted Sat 22 Mar, 2008 12:49 AM Quote
Ah, well... We forgive you, Mr. Godrich, haha. Thanks for letting us know, Fran!

Why Does It Always Payne On Me
Why Does It Always Payne On Me Posted Sat 22 Mar, 2008 4:54 AM Quote
Fran wrote:
Bah!

Thanks for informing us, Fran! I would have lived on in agony and uncertainty. Now it's just agony. WHY, NIGEL, WHY? I'm kidding -- but it is a 'bummer,' as the kids say. . .

Toronto awaits more Travis! They both begin with a "T," so you know it's meant to be.

Also, that rhymed.

Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Sat 22 Mar, 2008 5:22 PM Quote
Fran wrote:
Bah!

Its a bit like me videoing 'Ode to J Smith' at Nottingham with Mute on :( inconsolable inconsolable

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 6:55 AM