Travis

The "Why didn't Travis do a club gig in Scotland?" thread
paul_c
paul_c Posted Thu 14 Feb, 2008 12:44 PM Quote
I just thought after checking out the tour archive with all the new stuff from the club tour on it, why didn't the band play anywhere in Scotland? Surely another night at the Liquid Rooms in Edinburgh or (the ultimate) King Tut's in Glasgow would have been amazing, for both band and following.

I want answers, especially as to why the band always play More Than Us when i'm not present :(

Re: The
warby
warby Posted Thu 14 Feb, 2008 1:01 PM Quote
paul_c wrote:
I just thought after checking out the tour archive with all the new stuff from the club tour on it, why didn't the band play anywhere in Scotland? Surely another night at the Liquid Rooms in Edinburgh or (the ultimate) King Tut's in Glasgow would have been amazing, for both band and following.

I want answers, especially as to why the band always play More Than Us when i'm not present :(

May be they have lived to long in London and it has softened them up, so they can't cope with that harsh Scottish climate in Feb! But I have to agree, I had to go all the way to Bristol to catch them but it was worth it!

Cheers
Warby

Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Thu 14 Feb, 2008 1:07 PM Quote
Awww dont be sore. There will be reason its just that nobody will know what it is!. Anyway just think ..Its all still to come for you ;-)

evsie
evsie Posted Thu 14 Feb, 2008 1:13 PM Quote
Maybe because they did 2 shows in Scotland over the Xmas period and didn't want to saturate the market up there? Also maybe they didn't want to venture too far away from London in case Dougie had to do his Fatherly duty and rush back to London.

Also, maybe they were tweaking the songs between shows so needed their rehearsal space.

They didn't come very far North in England either.

Moray
Moray Posted Thu 14 Feb, 2008 1:17 PM Quote
Our time will come Paul. Nae fear min.

As an aside - I remember when Travis played More than Us at the Barras in '99. For some reason, when that's played live, I tend to sing the harmonies rather than sing along. I was front row centre, and remember Fran laughing when he spotted me and my sis doing the "More than Us......More than Us We are them.......We are them"

aaaaaaaaaaanyway.

Esteban
Esteban Posted Thu 14 Feb, 2008 1:53 PM Quote
The intro that they played to More Than Us made me think they were going to play As You Are, I didn't realise how similar they can sound.

True story.

deebee
deebee Posted Thu 14 Feb, 2008 4:22 PM Quote
Oh come on Paul!!! Are you forgetting the 30th December??? I know it was last year but you're getting greedy, lol! What about us poor sods who don't live in the UK?!?!?!?

Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Fri 15 Feb, 2008 8:27 AM Quote
What aboot London? At least yous got the end of 2007 shows.

I dunno why I am complaining, I probly wouldnt go, but bands are not allowed to leave London off tours, it's illegal :P

Ursina
Ursina Posted Fri 15 Feb, 2008 8:30 AM Quote
joining the moan. If they'd have had a club date in Scotland I definitely would have been there.

As it happens I'll be in Glasgow from the 28 Feb till the 4 March... so how about it lads ???? :-D

castawayneil
castawayneil Posted Fri 15 Feb, 2008 4:05 PM Quote
I agree!! A show in Glasgow at king tuts would have been AAAAAAAAAMAZING!!!!! Come on guy pleaseeeeeeee do it lol

sorry angel
sorry angel Posted Fri 15 Feb, 2008 5:42 PM Quote
as well as a show in my lounge as I can't travel...;-))

paul_c
paul_c Posted Fri 15 Feb, 2008 6:21 PM Quote
I'm still grumbling... lol

Re: No scottish club date(s)
Craigyboy
Craigyboy Posted Fri 15 Feb, 2008 11:15 PM Quote
I moaned about this at the time on a couple of threads, i wasnt really bothered if they didn't play in scotland but the north of england would have been easier for people like myself and paul to get too eg liverpool or manchester, was gonna go to bristol but was to expensive to get there etc. talking of club dates and a little of topic i am going to king tuts to see the 1990's next month as i liked them when they supported travis at the barras on dec 30th.

paul_c
paul_c Posted Fri 15 Feb, 2008 11:25 PM Quote
Yeah, Bristol was an option for me too at one point. Was too expensive though.

I just feel kinda left out because i don't know what the hell's going on now. Haven't watched any of the videos (except Falling Down) because i'm a bit pissed off about the whole thing. Especially since they played More Than Us too (my favourite song). That's just like an extra knife to the heart that one

varz
varz Posted Sat 16 Feb, 2008 11:16 AM Quote
deebee wrote:
Oh come on Paul!!! Are you forgetting the 30th December??? I know it was last year but you're getting greedy, lol! What about us poor sods who don't live in the UK?!?!?!?

Its not the getting greedy part, its the fact they're a Scottish band who didn't play one gig up here!

Pages [1] 2 Next All Times BST Current Time 11:37 PM