Travis

Re: The Let's be Miserable Together! Thread
ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Wed 13 Feb, 2008 3:48 AM Quote
I need to find some cookies. I'm having a craving.

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Wed 13 Feb, 2008 4:31 AM Quote
heyjude wrote:
the worst was those candy or flower grams in high school for valentine's! did you guys have those? like, they would get delivered before the start of the class, and it was a bummer never getting them.

Lincoln or Lowell ?

goosey_84
goosey_84 Posted Wed 13 Feb, 2008 7:16 AM Quote
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window wrote:
goosey_84 wrote:
story of my life.

was at the market earlier and there was this big ol flower and balloon section and i just fantasized popping all those balloons with a spork or something!!! hahaha

Lol!
Is Valentine's Day really that big in the US?

it's a corporate holiday! the greeting card companies and flower shops make tons of $$$ on this day! ....... p-i-s-s offffff! hahahaah (yes i'm bitter because no one is going to buy me a card or spend $50 on dying flowers! hahaha)

heysupernova
heysupernova Posted Wed 13 Feb, 2008 12:18 PM Quote
goosey_84 wrote:
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window wrote:
goosey_84 wrote:
story of my life.

was at the market earlier and there was this big ol flower and balloon section and i just fantasized popping all those balloons with a spork or something!!! hahaha

Lol!
Is Valentine's Day really that big in the US?

it's a corporate holiday! the greeting card companies and flower shops make tons of $$$ on this day! ....... p-i-s-s offffff! hahahaah (yes i'm bitter because no one is going to buy me a card or spend $50 on dying flowers! hahaha)

ohhh I know! my boyfriend works for this american financial services company here, and they've been acting crazy! they call this week 'the love week', and have all kinds of activities (knowing we're not even in the US lol xD)... here in Chile we buy flowers or cards, and that's it :P

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Wed 13 Feb, 2008 2:27 PM Quote
heyjude wrote:
the worst was those candy or flower grams in high school for valentine's! did you guys have those? like, they would get delivered before the start of the class, and it was a bummer never getting them.

This may be kind of pathetic, but a friend and I had fake boyfriends that we made up for such occasions. I would send her a carnation and card from her fake boyfriend and she would send one to me from my fake boyfriend. It was kinda fun.

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Wed 13 Feb, 2008 2:56 PM Quote
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FoVm3R_QD1w

haz
haz Posted Wed 13 Feb, 2008 3:45 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
heyjude wrote:

This may be kind of pathetic, but a friend and I had fake boyfriends that we made up for such occasions. I would send her a carnation and card from her fake boyfriend and she would send one to me from my fake boyfriend. It was kinda fun.

the official term for what you did would be - lesbianism.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Wed 13 Feb, 2008 3:48 PM Quote
haz wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:
heyjude wrote:

the official term for what you did would be - lesbianism.

No, I think we were just girls who felt sorry for ourselves. If we had made up fake GIRLFRIENDS, that would be lesbianism.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Wed 13 Feb, 2008 3:55 PM Quote
Kayte I think that's a really sweet thing you and your friend did. Sounds like something I would have done had I thought of it.

My freshman year boyfriend and I broke up right before Valentine's Day because he had to move to Florida (where his dad lived) because he put a fake bomb in the security guard's office "as a joke."

I swear I am not making that up.

spid
spid Posted Wed 13 Feb, 2008 5:33 PM Quote
Hubby went away today for 6 weeks - boo hoo - won't be here for Valentines day. Woe is me.

On a good note i'm not ill but i did hurt me knee doing lunges yesterday

1/3 of Suggestive Leg
1/3 of Suggestive Leg Posted Wed 13 Feb, 2008 5:50 PM Quote
I hate it when friends send you Valentines cards. It gets all your hopes up!

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Wed 13 Feb, 2008 7:39 PM Quote
spid wrote:
Hubby went away today for 6 weeks - boo hoo

You have one. Stop moaning. Now.

heyjude
heyjude Posted Wed 13 Feb, 2008 7:51 PM Quote
ricv64 wrote:
Lincoln or Lowell ?

neither! the lowell kids i met my freshman year at davis were like, "yeah, i took AP this and AP that" and i'm like, "dude, chill out, so did i." smug kids.

did you go to lincoln?

Moray
Moray Posted Wed 13 Feb, 2008 7:51 PM Quote
ElspethOllie wrote:
Something's going around the board!

It's not herpes is it? It would explain a LOT..........

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Wed 13 Feb, 2008 7:56 PM Quote
MoraySwan wrote:
ElspethOllie wrote:
Something's going around the board!

It's not herpes is it? It would explain a LOT..........

lol

Pages Previous 1 [2] 3 4 Next All Times BST Current Time 7:29 PM