Travis

Re: Pompey gig last night
FranFlower
FranFlower Posted Sun 10 Feb, 2008 10:31 PM Quote
jesusaremus wrote:
i would choose a song they have never played, or a bside mmm. or last train (my fav song)

They played Last Train in Portsmouth! Peter from the board requested it :-)

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Mon 11 Feb, 2008 9:16 AM Quote
FranFlower wrote:
jesusaremus wrote:
i would choose a song they have never played, or a bside mmm. or last train (my fav song)

I'd love Last Train or I Love You Anyways. Or Big Chair or More Than Us. Or 20 or Re-Offender. :D

The problem with getting them to do stuff they don't normally play is that they might have forgotten how to :)
Didn't they have trouble remembering which key/capo position Follow The Light was in?

rowley
rowley Posted Mon 11 Feb, 2008 1:15 PM Quote
it was a great gig, thought it was going to be a business like affair when they ploughed their way quickly through the new material ( saw Soulwax do a similar thing and the whole gig was Soulless ) but when they explained things after interval the mood changed completely. The new material sounded really strong especially the latter half of the first set. Looking forward to the record studio results. Great to see them again so soon locally after the Southampton Guildhall gig of last summer.

Was there a bit of trouble at the front though towards the end of the gig? A group of lager boys who would be more at home at an oasis gig pushed there way to the front and i'm sure i saw a bit of agro around them.

Anyway we certainly got our moneys worth seeing as curfew was quoted as 11.30pm.

Jimmy_Jimmy
Jimmy_Jimmy Posted Mon 11 Feb, 2008 9:14 PM Quote
Quote:
The problem with getting them to do stuff they don't normally play is that they might have forgotten how to :)
Didn't they have trouble remembering which key/capo position Follow The Light was in?

Yeah they did ;0

Sounded pretty good though anyway. One of my fav songs.

Quote:
Was there a bit of trouble at the front though towards the end of the gig? A group of lager boys who would be more at home at an oasis gig pushed there way to the front and i'm sure i saw a bit of agro around them.

Not rouble as such... although i'm sure something nearly kicked off. Some guy and his girlfriend barged through past my sister and a few people in front. However when he got near the front few rows a few people took exception and blocked him off. I then saw him being shoved by some other guy later. So who knows... Kinda annoying tho when people do that having come in late.

Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Mon 11 Feb, 2008 10:29 PM Quote
FranFlower wrote:
jesusaremus wrote:

They played Last Train? Wow I'm gonna ask for that if I get the Chance...

FranFlower
FranFlower Posted Mon 11 Feb, 2008 10:45 PM Quote
Somewhere Else wrote:
FranFlower wrote:
jesusaremus wrote:

They played Last Train? Wow I'm gonna ask for that if I get the Chance...

Yup, I spoke to Peter on the phone after the gig (well during the gig as well, lol - I so wish I was here..) and he told me they'd played his request :-)

jesusaremus
jesusaremus Posted Tue 12 Feb, 2008 2:20 AM Quote
FranFlower wrote:
jesusaremus wrote:

WHAT!!!?????
Damn, i need to make a request for the next mexican concert. Last Train....wow....i hope someone has recorded it :(

Pages Previous 1 [2] All Times BST Current Time 12:42 AM