Travis

Re: Heath Ledger
megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Tue 22 Jan, 2008 11:08 PM Quote
Esteban wrote:
I don't think it's who's dead, and whether you know them or not that is the issue, it's the media coverage of such a thing that can seem very over-the-top.

Yeah, I'm afraid we're gonna see pictures from the funeral soon.

Esteban
Esteban Posted Tue 22 Jan, 2008 11:09 PM Quote
That shouldn't be. Funerals should be private affairs.

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Tue 22 Jan, 2008 11:11 PM Quote
Tell that to paparazzi. :/

Ruudio
Ruudio Posted Tue 22 Jan, 2008 11:12 PM Quote
Yeah I don't agree with all the media coverage but u get that kinda shit with the paparazzi n as long as ppl read crappy gossip mags it's not gonna go away.

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Tue 22 Jan, 2008 11:15 PM Quote
Ruudio wrote:
Yeah I don't agree with all the media coverage but u get that kinda shit with the paparazzi n as long as ppl read crappy gossip mags it's not gonna go away.

Sure, and the scary thing is, there are a lot of people who would love to see such pictures. World's crazy.

Esteban
Esteban Posted Tue 22 Jan, 2008 11:16 PM Quote
Yep, it's fucking dreadful, and it's one of the things about this world that I really loathe, which is why I don't buy such magazines, and I don't buy a newspaper either.

Ruudio
Ruudio Posted Tue 22 Jan, 2008 11:18 PM Quote
I hate those mags but the sad thing is that's what our shitty country is bn reduced to

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Tue 22 Jan, 2008 11:35 PM Quote
Esteban wrote:
That shouldn't be. Funerals should be private affairs.

I concurrrrrrrrrr

Joe
Joe Posted Wed 23 Jan, 2008 12:24 AM Quote
Actors make their living by drawing as much attention to themselves as possible. It's a respectable business, I'm not criticising it. This is why the media will fell free to go ahead. For the actual funeral to e in photos is bad, I agree, but that's all part of being an actor; your life and death in pictures.

heysupernova
heysupernova Posted Wed 23 Jan, 2008 1:41 AM Quote
oh my god, I turned on the tv and read "death", but didn't recognize the picture, and then I saw heath :S i'm in shock, really. you don't know artists in person, but you see them everyday on tv and you feel they're a very important part of your life. we're all going to die obviously, but it's so sad to see how the industry kills young people little by little, they all seem so happy on screen, but they're full of shit just like all of us.
i'm so sad, i hope he's calm and ok wherever he is.

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Wed 23 Jan, 2008 2:26 AM Quote
That's sad. He was a great actor. I remember seeing for the first time in 10 Things I Hate About You. It's really sad. He probably would have had a great career. Heck, he did have a great career. I'm just sad I didn't get to see what else he could have done. And, it's sad that he leaves behind an infant daughter.

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Wed 23 Jan, 2008 2:36 AM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:

I'm sorry someone is dead but hey others are dead through no fault of their own, he's messing with drugs, you pays your money you takes your chance.

I don't think he was messing with drugs. The report said that they found sleeping pills but there was no evidence to suggest that he took them in effort to kill himself. Even with the autopsy we'll probably never know what happened. It's just a sad, tragic situation.

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Wed 23 Jan, 2008 2:58 AM Quote
Fuck, he was so young! And he had a little daughter? That's so sad.

yuzuki
yuzuki Posted Wed 23 Jan, 2008 3:07 AM Quote
I'm really sad about this.

TT.TT

mozman68
mozman68 Posted Wed 23 Jan, 2008 3:08 AM Quote
ElspethOllie wrote:
Scottish Dubliner wrote:

I'm sorry someone is dead but hey others are dead through no fault of their own, he's messing with drugs, you pays your money you takes your chance.

I don't think he was messing with drugs. The report said that they found sleeping pills but there was no evidence to suggest that he took them in effort to kill himself. Even with the autopsy we'll probably never know what happened. It's just a sad, tragic situation.

I guarantee it....he od'd on sleeping pills...writing is on the wall....

Pages Previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Next All Times BST Current Time 2:55 AM