Travis

Re: Things you DON'T like at the moment
mili
mili Posted Sun 15 Aug, 2010 9:30 AM Quote
The kid who lives in the top floor flat of the next building screaming to his friend who lives half way up in the same building, balcony to balcony. The said kid (a boy about 4 years old) has been driving me nuts all summer with his shouting. The only consolation is that it's soon winter and it's too cold to be shouting outdoors 12 hours a day.
I believe that child doesn't know how to speak in a normal voice. I'm glad he doesn't live above me.

Absy
Absy Posted Sun 15 Aug, 2010 12:10 PM Quote
mili wrote:
The kid who lives in the top floor flat of the next building screaming to his friend who lives half way up in the same building, balcony to balcony. The said kid (a boy about 4 years old) has been driving me nuts all summer with his shouting. The only consolation is that it's soon winter and it's too cold to be shouting outdoors 12 hours a day.
I believe that child doesn't know how to speak in a normal voice. I'm glad he doesn't live above me.

This must be very stressful...I think I'd go and see the parents to have a word with them.
There's a 1 year old baby in my building and she cries and screams at least 15 times a day...Needless to say it's taking its toll on me.

mili
mili Posted Sun 15 Aug, 2010 12:38 PM Quote
Absy wrote:
mili wrote:

This must be very stressful...I think I'd go and see the parents to have a word with them.
There's a 1 year old baby in my building and she cries and screams at least 15 times a day...Needless to say it's taking its toll on me.

My husband already tried to talk to them, with no effect. I can't understand how the parents themselves can cope with it, if he was my kid, I'd told him to keep the noise down ages ago. Mind you, I remember when this boy was very small, we already commented then that he was an unusually noisy child, his non-stop crying was heard trough open window.

Let's hope the child in your building grows out of that stage quickly, she's probably toothing.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Sun 15 Aug, 2010 1:02 PM Quote
mili wrote:

Buy them a set of walkie-talkies. Then they won't have to shout.

mili
mili Posted Sun 15 Aug, 2010 4:43 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
mili wrote:

Buy them a set of walkie-talkies. Then they won't have to shout.

I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't own cell phones before too long… most 6-7 -years olds have them here. Seriously, that boy would shout even in walkie-talkie or cell phone. My theory is, that he thinks shouting=talking.

moo_the_evil_boffin
moo_the_evil_boffin Posted Sun 15 Aug, 2010 9:50 PM Quote
mili wrote:

I know the feeling. My neighbour's 15 year old daughter makes a noise like a seal being attacked by a donkey every night after 11. They're quiet as mice during the day, but when I'm trying to sleep out comes the seal training equipment (well, that's what it sounds like anyway!). They moved into their house at 11PM and had a housewarming party on a Monday night - the night before one of my A-level exams!!! They also own two dogs without permission, one of which jumped through our fence and attacked my dog. Oh and the 15 year old girl has a 25 year old boyfriend with three kids. Yeah. Not nice people really. :-/

Edit: Got so carried away with ranting about my neighbours that I forgot to add that I don't like the fact that A-level results are out on Thursday, eight universities are already full and the fact that my doctor is incompetent.

fenchurch
fenchurch Posted Tue 17 Aug, 2010 11:56 PM Quote
Getting my results in a few hours. I'd rather not.

roxytobias
roxytobias Posted Wed 18 Aug, 2010 3:04 AM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
Wind

first person i heard not liking the wind. :)

roxytobias
roxytobias Posted Wed 18 Aug, 2010 3:08 AM Quote
lindsey22295 wrote:

Wind combined with rain
second person i heard not liking the wind... ah,i love the wind.

[quote="lindsey22295"]

as for the things i don't like right now,
WOOOOOORK!!!! :( i can't wait to leave. c'mon October...

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Wed 18 Aug, 2010 2:23 PM Quote
must every 3rd commercial be Piranha 3D ?

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Wed 18 Aug, 2010 10:02 PM Quote

WORK.
Hotmail (it's not working and hasn't done so for hours now).
Having an incredible amount of stuff to do before Saturday 28th.
And one of the things I hate the most right now is the fact that my Italian class has been shut down because very few people singned up for it. :o(

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Thu 19 Aug, 2010 5:04 PM Quote
My neighbour playing this Eminem & Rihanna's song over and over again so loudly that my windows are shaking. I want to listen to my Little Dragon :(.

dee
dee Posted Thu 19 Aug, 2010 11:35 PM Quote
*the sound of bones crunching
*when my cat kills birds
*having to rinse animal blood of items of clothing/footwear

i stepped outside in the pitch black before the motion sensor light had a chance to come on. i heard a horrible crunch-i'm only after stepping on a whopper of a pigeon that my cat has just caught.
grossed out, had to rinse the blood off my white converse.
the cat is pissed off with me too cos i threw the dead pigeon over the hedge.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Fri 20 Aug, 2010 1:34 AM Quote
dee wrote:
*the sound of bones crunching
*when my cat kills birds
*having to rinse animal blood of items of clothing/footwear

i stepped outside in the pitch black before the motion sensor light had a chance to come on. i heard a horrible crunch-i'm only after stepping on a whopper of a pigeon that my cat has just caught.
grossed out, had to rinse the blood off my white converse.
the cat is pissed off with me too cos i threw the dead pigeon over the hedge.

Ew!

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Sat 21 Aug, 2010 9:42 PM Quote
Too much silence. Usually I cherish my alone time, but today is different for some reason. I have a ton of stuff I could do, but don't really want to. It's cloudy and rainy.

Pages Previous 1...38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 48 Next All Times BST Current Time 7:22 AM