Travis

Re: Things you DON'T like at the moment
moo_the_evil_boffin
moo_the_evil_boffin Posted Tue 13 Apr, 2010 4:41 PM Quote
I don't like:

- Still having to rely on people for lifts, even though I have a car and have passed my test
- My mandolin strings breaking because the temperature of the room changed
- Having to go back to college next week ¬_¬

However, I do like being able to rant on the board :-P

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Tue 13 Apr, 2010 4:49 PM Quote
The amount of pollen in the air is making my eyes feel like they have pins stuck in them.

AbsGinger
AbsGinger Posted Tue 13 Apr, 2010 8:15 PM Quote
Getting friends requests on Facebook from ppl that hurt me in the past.
Honestly what's the point ?

mili
mili Posted Wed 14 Apr, 2010 3:16 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
The amount of pollen in the air is making my eyes feel like they have pins stuck in them.

That and all the dust, too.
I feel tired all the time, could be the allergies and/or the medication I take to battle it. And my worst allergen hasn't even started yet!

daytimeoyster
daytimeoyster Posted Wed 14 Apr, 2010 5:01 PM Quote
AbsGinger wrote:

WOW
nothing's more annoying than that

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Mon 26 Apr, 2010 10:11 PM Quote
Normally I would have posted this on the Today News of You thread, but since it reached 150 pages and has to go...

I HATE stupid people who think that a PhD makes them superior.
I was in charge of the administrative part of a seminar about the Bicentenary of the May Revolution today and some woman arrived AN HOUR LATE and was furious because I told her I wouldn't let her sign in the attendance chart, that she would have to wait until the class was over.
She started to yell at me, asking me who was in charge of the seminar and where could she find her. I wasn't going to let her wander around the building looking for my boss' office just because she had issues with being treated like everyone else, so I told her she could wait until the end of the class, that the Coordinator would come down then and she would be able to talk to her.
More yelling. I told her "lady, please calm down, we're in the middle of a class". And she said "no, not lady, DOCTOR". So I said "ok, Doctor, don't be rude to me because I'm not being rude to you". She was furious. She asked me to come outside the room, which I did. Then, she went on and on about how she had a PhD, and used to coordinate seminars in the INAP (where I work), and that she had won an INAP scholarship for I don't know what in a foreign university, and that she knew more about the topics that were being discussed in the seminar than most of the people who were in the class, and that she had been invited to participate in other activities regarding the Bicentenary but she was attending our seminar as a "gesture" towards the INAP, and therefore it was utterly outrageous for me to comment on her punctuality manners. (I just wanted to tell Dr. Idon'tevenrememberhername that I was almost-Sociologist Julieta and that she could shove her degree up wherever the sun didn't shine).
She thought that I was trying to sabotage her or something for being who she is, by not letting her sign the frikking chart. There's over 260 people registered for the seminar, I don't know who you are, woman!!! What's more, I don't even care!!!!!

Then, I'm not exactly sure how it happened, but it all ended up with her offering me sweets. WTF?!?!?!?!?!

fenchurch
fenchurch Posted Mon 26 Apr, 2010 11:00 PM Quote
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window wrote:
Then, I'm not exactly sure how it happened, but it all ended up with her offering me sweets. WTF?!?!?!?!?!

What kind of sweets? Was she trying to bribe you? That's weird...

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Tue 27 Apr, 2010 7:53 PM Quote
fenchurch wrote:
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window wrote:

What kind of sweets? Was she trying to bribe you? That's weird...

Halls candies. She wasn't trying to bribe me, it was like a "peace offer" or something. The thing is, I don't know why she suddenly started to act friendly. I didn't change my opinion on her being an hour late and didn't agree with her on anything. But as soon as she asked me to come outside, the worse she treated me, the nicer I tried to be, just to stress the difference between her and me. So I guess it must have been my charming smile. :oP

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Tue 27 Apr, 2010 8:03 PM Quote
AbsGinger wrote:

I'm in the middle of a deleting-people-frenzy. 40 people in the last 2 weeks. Feels good. By the way, I deleted some boardies but it's nothing personal, we just never keep in touch anyway.

AbsGinger
AbsGinger Posted Tue 27 Apr, 2010 8:12 PM Quote
Bayern of Munchen

monkey
monkey Posted Wed 28 Apr, 2010 5:20 AM Quote
how someone who's intelligent can be so frustratingly daft!

Peewee
Peewee Posted Thu 01 Jul, 2010 4:19 PM Quote
Pollen
Heat
Humidity
Sleeping In

deebee
deebee Posted Thu 01 Jul, 2010 4:32 PM Quote
Builders in the house redoing our bathroom (30°C outside and not able to have a shower, arrrrghhhh!)

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Mon 05 Jul, 2010 6:20 PM Quote

Journalists, 21ºC in winter, humidity and no rain, being stuck at work, "successism".

dee
dee Posted Mon 05 Jul, 2010 9:18 PM Quote
bureaucracy!

Pages Previous 1...35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 Next All Times BST Current Time 10:54 AM