heysupernova
heysupernova Posted Tue 12 Feb, 2008 5:33 PM Quote
thinking of tonight's dinner with my mom and my boyfriend yikes :S

Re: Things you DON'T like at the moment
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Tue 12 Feb, 2008 5:46 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window wrote:
The dizzy/sleepy feeling I have right now. Must be due to the fact that I gave half a litre of blood today, but still...

I gave blood once. I blanked out on the way to the cot after and I couldn't get up for 45 minutes without fainting. It was very embarrassing because the blood drive was at work. I was lying there on a cot in front of everyone, meanwhile, back at my office, everyone was wondering where I was!
You did a good thing...just have some juice and a cookie and lie down for a while.

That sucks! I tried to give blood last saturday, but I have very low blood pressure (in general and that day in particular) and they didn't let me do it, even though I never fainted in my life. So today I had the sweetest breakfast ever just so my blood pressure would be normal.
It's the second time I've done it. I think I'll join the voluntary blood donors program, since I really don't mind needles.
The juice and cookie idea sound fine, I'll do that. Thanks for the tip.

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Tue 12 Feb, 2008 6:06 PM Quote

That sucks! I tried to give blood last saturday, but I have very low blood pressure (in general and that day in particular) and they didn't let me do it.

That's why I can't give blood. BUT I'm on the international list of bone marrow donors.

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Tue 12 Feb, 2008 6:14 PM Quote
megg_inc wrote:

That sucks! I tried to give blood last saturday, but I have very low blood pressure (in general and that day in particular) and they didn't let me do it.

That's why I can't give blood. BUT I'm on the international list of bone marrow donors.

Wow! How does it work?
Btw, thanks Megg, I just learned a new word (marrow).

varz
varz Posted Tue 12 Feb, 2008 6:16 PM Quote
breaking in shoes - paaaainful! pretty shoes though!

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Tue 12 Feb, 2008 6:19 PM Quote

Wow! How does it work?

Bone Marrow Donors Worldwide. I think you can get a lot of information there. As I'm not sure how it works in other countries. Becoming a donor, I mean.

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Tue 12 Feb, 2008 7:12 PM Quote
megg_inc wrote:

Wow! How does it work?

Bone Marrow Donors Worldwide. I think you can get a lot of information there. As I'm not sure how it works in other countries. Becoming a donor, I mean.

Very interesting, thanks!

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Tue 12 Feb, 2008 8:06 PM Quote
heysupernova wrote:
thinking of tonight's dinner with my mom and my boyfriend yikes :S

Is this the first time you're meeting her?

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Tue 12 Feb, 2008 10:47 PM Quote
The dizzy/sleepy feeling I have right now. Must be due to the fact that I gave half a litre of blood today, but still...

Last time I gave blood there was a head on it.

Dubz

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Tue 12 Feb, 2008 11:07 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:

Last time I gave blood there was a head on it.

Dubz

that was golden

goosey_84
goosey_84 Posted Wed 13 Feb, 2008 7:19 AM Quote
don't like greeting card company holidays (aka Valentine's Day)

haha yes...goosey is in what she likes to call "bitter bear" mode!

will resume cheerful disposition on friday february 15. :P

lindsey22295
lindsey22295 Posted Thu 14 Feb, 2008 2:17 AM Quote
I like having this thread to rant on about the small things pissing me off. (oh wait...I guess that revelation doesn't belong here)

I don't like signing up for classes. I don't like it one bit. I do not like it in a house. I do not like it with a mouse. I do not like it here or there. I do not like it anywhere. I do not like green eggs and ham. I do not like them, Sam I am. Whoops-I've diverged.

It is stressful, the ones I want always fill up in a jiffy and then I have to either risk the waitlist or sign up for a crappy time (ahem 7 am physics). So just wanted to say eff you bio 1c and stats 100. Waitlist it is. (at least I get priority on the waitlist for bio 1c since I've done bio 1a and bio 1b so it doesn't matter where I am on the list. Haha suckers-aka freshies.)

heyjude
heyjude Posted Thu 14 Feb, 2008 2:43 AM Quote
that made me laugh, lindsey! :-) stat 100 sucks big time! i did so badly on that, it haunts me to this day >.< 7am physics? yeegad.

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Thu 14 Feb, 2008 3:01 AM Quote
lindsey22295 wrote:
I like having this thread to rant on about the small things pissing me off. (oh wait...I guess that revelation doesn't belong here)

I don't like signing up for classes. I don't like it one bit. I do not like it in a house. I do not like it with a mouse. I do not like it here or there. I do not like it anywhere. I do not like green eggs and ham. I do not like them, Sam I am. Whoops-I've diverged.

It is stressful, the ones I want always fill up in a jiffy and then I have to either risk the waitlist or sign up for a crappy time (ahem 7 am physics). So just wanted to say eff you bio 1c and stats 100. Waitlist it is. (at least I get priority on the waitlist for bio 1c since I've done bio 1a and bio 1b so it doesn't matter where I am on the list. Haha suckers-aka freshies.)

I know what you mean! I had to go through that on monday. Since I alredy finished with the mandatory classes, I have to choose three elective subjects from a list of hundreeds. It was so hard. I hate it.

galletitabonita
galletitabonita Posted Thu 14 Feb, 2008 3:22 AM Quote
there are many things I don't like today

- Homework
- English course (it has turned boring)
- Traffic (again)
- some friends
- some fruits
- global warming
- going to the gym

Pages Previous 1...12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 Next All Times UTC Current Time 2:25 PM