Travis

Re: Things you DON'T like at the moment
heysupernova
heysupernova Posted Wed 30 Jan, 2008 2:43 PM Quote
my anual summer cold, so strange :S i feel like sh*t!

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Wed 30 Jan, 2008 2:46 PM Quote
heysupernova wrote:

aw, poor you! I have to deal with the May cold every year.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Wed 30 Jan, 2008 2:47 PM Quote
The frrrrreeeeezing weather. It's currently 9ºF/-13ºC and the wind is absolutely HOWLING. Woke me up at 2:30 AM last night with magnolia tree branches bashing against the side of the house. (The tree didn't fall over, it's just very close to the house.) When my husband tried to go to work this morning, the car doors were frozen shut. He finally wrestled one open, then it wouldn't close all the way. It took half an hour with the heat on full blast to thaw the latch. It's the kind of cold where you go outside and your skin feels brittle. Brrrrrrrrr!

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Wed 30 Jan, 2008 2:50 PM Quote
heysupernova wrote:

lugaw , ginger , garlic and hot peppers cure all

heysupernova
heysupernova Posted Wed 30 Jan, 2008 2:55 PM Quote
ricv64 wrote:
heysupernova wrote:

lugaw , ginger , garlic and hot peppers cure all

i'll try it (though i feel scared by all those words haha, specially ginger and garlic, hate it), thanks! i'll start with some tea and honey now

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Wed 30 Jan, 2008 3:13 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
The frrrrreeeeezing weather. It's currently 9ºF/-13ºC and the wind is absolutely HOWLING. Woke me up at 2:30 AM last night with magnolia tree branches bashing against the side of the house. (The tree didn't fall over, it's just very close to the house.) When my husband tried to go to work this morning, the car doors were frozen shut. He finally wrestled one open, then it wouldn't close all the way. It took half an hour with the heat on full blast to thaw the latch. It's the kind of cold where you go outside and your skin feels brittle. Brrrrrrrrr!

Magnolias are pretty strong but you should window that sucker out . which one evergreen or the other leaf dropping monster ?

Oskari
Oskari Posted Wed 30 Jan, 2008 3:16 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:

we havent had that cold in Finland yet...(-lapland)...though i think February will "give us" the fair share of cold...

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Wed 30 Jan, 2008 3:26 PM Quote
ricv64 wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

Magnolias are pretty strong but you should window that sucker out . which one evergreen or the other leaf dropping monster ?

Big honking leaf dropping monster, about 40 years old. The pink flower, not the white. There's no way I'm getting rid of it. It is soooo beautiful in spring and it is the only tree left on the property. In my lifetime, we've lost 2 apple trees, 2 garbagey trees, 1 willow, and 1 to Dutch Elm Disease when I was just a wee thing. (I live in the house I grew up in.)
http://www.rbgsyd.nsw.gov.au/__data/assets/image/44282/Magnolia-x-soulangiana-cv-E.jpg

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Wed 30 Jan, 2008 3:34 PM Quote
I said window it , thin out some of the branches , though 40 years isn't that long in tree years

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Wed 30 Jan, 2008 3:40 PM Quote
ricv64 wrote:
I said window it , thin out some of the branches , though 40 years isn't that long in tree years

Oh, I never heard that phrase, "window" it. Must be tree choppin' lingo. I thought maybe you meant "winnow" it, like dig it out. Yes, it needs pruning badly. It was here when my parents bought the house and whoever planted it, just planted it too close. It drives me crazy when I see people planting trees right next to their houses. They aren't thinking 10 years down the road.

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Wed 30 Jan, 2008 3:49 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
ricv64 wrote:

Oh, I never heard that phrase, "window" it. Must be tree choppin' lingo. I thought maybe you meant "winnow" it, like dig it out. Yes, it needs pruning badly. It was here when my parents bought the house and whoever planted it, just planted it too close. It drives me crazy when I see people planting trees right next to their houses. They aren't thinking 10 years down the road.

Adios foundation when it's too close . If it were a conifer like say a Spruce your roof would be crushed too if the wind picked up . All that water or snow puts stress on the branches . Over here you need a permit if the tree is over 50 years old . I saw a 200 year old oak get refused a thinning permit only to have it come down and crush a house during a storm . crazy hippy city council

Rhoobarb
Rhoobarb Posted Wed 30 Jan, 2008 5:55 PM Quote
Being disappointed.

Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Wed 30 Jan, 2008 5:56 PM Quote
As much as I love my hair... I realy don't like it, it looks awful and I just look minging.

Hooray for trilbys :D

heysupernova
heysupernova Posted Fri 01 Feb, 2008 1:51 AM Quote
unhappy people who treats you bad because they're feeling crappy, heeeey! not my fault :(

galletitabonita
galletitabonita Posted Fri 01 Feb, 2008 2:01 AM Quote
traffic

Pages Previous 1...9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 Next All Times BST Current Time 5:18 AM