Travis

Re: Finland says Hello!
Sky-Blue Puppy
Sky-Blue Puppy Posted Wed 16 Jan, 2008 6:18 PM Quote
mili wrote:
There used to some jokes about Estonians when you were part of Soviet Union, but they mainly referred to pantyhose and alcohol, and to the fact that your language sounds occationally funny to us, so similar, but not the same, and it's faster than Finnish. I don't think you had a nickname even then. I haven't heard Estonian jokes for a long time, but ask about Swedish jokes...

Oh, yes, i quite believe there were jokes about us during the Soviet times. I mean, we did act pretty funny (read: pathetic) when we managed to get abroad or when there was a chance of getting/buying some 'foreign stuff', pantyhose, for example. 'Bring me chewing gum and coloured wire' was a common (half-)joke we told to people who actually went to some foreign country :/

Btw, i have this hairy feeling that this thread should now really be on the other board. Poor Mozman, his fear seems to be coming real...

mozman68
mozman68 Posted Wed 16 Jan, 2008 6:22 PM Quote
Fran wrote:
Finland is a beautiful country. Anyone who hasn't been there should go to the travel agent and book tickets immediately. It's really that striking a place. Anyways welcome Finnish person, to travisland.

Hmmmm....mid March; leave Grand Rapids on a Thursday to Helsinki and back the following Tuesday...$1,083 U.S. for a round trip ticket and hotel for the 5 nights...

Maybe that's where I should take the wife for our birthdays in late May....that would freak the shit out of her...

Oskari
Oskari Posted Wed 16 Jan, 2008 6:41 PM Quote
mozman68 wrote:
Fran wrote:
Finland is a beautiful country. Anyone who hasn't been there should go to the travel agent and book tickets immediately. It's really that striking a place. Anyways welcome Finnish person, to travisland.

Hmmmm....mid March; leave Grand Rapids on a Thursday to Helsinki and back the following Tuesday...$1,083 U.S. for a round trip ticket and hotel for the 5 nights...

Maybe that's where I should take the wife for our birthdays in late May....that would freak the shit out of her...

that is a cunning plan;)

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Wed 16 Jan, 2008 6:49 PM Quote
mozman68 wrote:
Fran wrote:

Are your passports up to date? If not, it'll take that long to get them. You have someone that will watch your kids for that long?

Jennny
Jennny Posted Wed 16 Jan, 2008 7:05 PM Quote
spid wrote:
Jennny wrote:
Kiitosta, pitää samalla onnitella Oskaria 'Kuinka saada loputkin mahdolliset suomalaiset näyttäytymään'-keskustelun aloittamisesta :D

Took a while to gather enough courage to reveal myself and then I do it in the middle of other finns :D Could I feel myself any more Finnish? Well anyway, I'm proud of my first step of being a little less stereotypical Finish!

Welocme - even if i don't understand what you three are whittering about - i suppose i ought too go and read all the thread not just the last page. Anyway, glad you've stopped stalking it's a dangerous habit to have. The air's fresher here too!

Thanks, I'm glad as well (: I think I'm now able to say that my first impression of Travis messageboard is pretty good. Nah, extremely good let me correct.
And I must say I agree with mili, why don't you Fran just book a trip to the whole band and come visit here? It may or may not be even more beautiful than in 2001(?) Provinssirock but it would be mind-blowing to have you here!

mozman68
mozman68 Posted Wed 16 Jan, 2008 7:35 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
mozman68 wrote:
Fran wrote:

Are your passports up to date? If not, it'll take that long to get them. You have someone that will watch your kids for that long?

Always up to date...in case I decide to kill someone and need to get out of the country..QUICK!

I was just looking up pricing for a long weekend in Glasgow....that probably would be nice in late May...thoughts??

My parents are coming up from Florida to watch the kids for up to a week so we can go away and celebrate on our own....we may just stay around here to save some money...but I would love to fly somewhere nice..or interesting...

mili
mili Posted Wed 16 Jan, 2008 8:12 PM Quote
mozman68 wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:
mozman68 wrote:
Fran wrote:

Always up to date...in case I decide to kill someone and need to get out of the country..QUICK!

I was just looking up pricing for a long weekend in Glasgow....that probably would be nice in late May...thoughts??

My parents are coming up from Florida to watch the kids for up to a week so we can go away and celebrate on our own....we may just stay around here to save some money...but I would love to fly somewhere nice..or interesting...

Come to Helsinki!
We can have a mini boardie meeting (not that many of us here). Now, all we need is a good concert, how about it, Fran?

Soulslug
Soulslug Posted Wed 16 Jan, 2008 8:16 PM Quote
mili wrote:
[Come to Helsinki!
We can have a mini boardie meeting (not that many of us here). Now, all we need is a good concert, how about it, Fran?

*Puts Tied to the 90's on* YES, YES!

juuuli
juuuli Posted Wed 16 Jan, 2008 9:04 PM Quote
Soulslug wrote:
mili wrote:
[Come to Helsinki!

*Puts Tied to the 90's on* YES, YES!

Hear, hear! I'm in :D

Harmony1206
Harmony1206 Posted Wed 16 Jan, 2008 10:48 PM Quote
Moi moi and welcome to Travisland! :-D Where in Suomi are you from?

My Finnish should be SO much better after spending a few years in a Swedish-Finnish class. :-p

Oskari wrote:
This is my first typing here..and i'm actually a bit nervous...who knows what can happenD:..anyway..i'm 21 year-old guy from finland who digs Travis really much..i've been following this messageboard for a while now..but now i wanted to send some text here;)...i'm not really sure are here any other finnish travisfans..but if is..identify yourselves..good to be here...you've been a great audience..good night...im going to bed:)
Thanks again...

and my favorite travis songie at the moment is...My Eyes
<<sorry my english is not so bad>>

bananhinta
bananhinta Posted Sun 09 Mar, 2008 9:19 AM Quote
mili wrote:
Oskari wrote:
mozman68 wrote:
Christ...I can see it now...here come the "If you're Finnish part VII" threads....

; )

and next time you'll hear from us...we've conquered the whole continent;) buahahah xD

Haven't you noticed yet, that whenever there's something big going on anywhere in the World, it's always possible to find a Finnish eyewitness. When that bridge collapsed in Minneapolis, one survivor was a Finn (mind you, that's not surprising in that city, I bet even Prince is half Finnish).

oho.. waitwait.. every human being on this earth has some hungarian relation.. like the greatgreatgreatgreagreatgrandma of erm.. lesse... everyone was hungarian.... you should see hungarian gossip papers:P

Peewee
Peewee Posted Sun 09 Mar, 2008 4:58 PM Quote
Hmmmm apparently I am of Polish decent! I think there are alot of ppl like that who originate from Poland. I think that's pretty cool :) Better than crappy old northern ireland! lol

PaTTeri
PaTTeri Posted Mon 09 Feb, 2009 8:05 PM Quote
Tuli liityttyä kanssa tänne kun on tullut Travisia kuunneltua jo pidemmän aikaa.

Vielä kun tulisivat tänne Suomeen! :)

mili
mili Posted Mon 09 Feb, 2009 9:55 PM Quote
PaTTeri wrote:
Tuli liityttyä kanssa tänne kun on tullut Travisia kuunneltua jo pidemmän aikaa.

Tervetuloa joukkoon, ja odottelemaan mahdollista keikkaa. Älä unohda hengittää. ;^)

laurimus
laurimus Posted Thu 14 May, 2009 6:23 PM Quote
mili wrote:
PaTTeri wrote:

Tervetuloa joukkoon, ja odottelemaan mahdollista keikkaa. Älä unohda hengittää. ;^)

Millähän ihmeellä me saataisiin bändi Suomeen asti? Norjaan ovat näemmä tulossa kesällä. Ei olis iso koukkaus, jos tulisivat tännekin. :)

Pages Previous 1 2 3 4 [5] All Times BST Current Time 4:42 AM