Travis

Re: The Official Friends Song Thread
FranFlower
FranFlower Posted Sun 13 Jan, 2008 7:06 PM Quote
mozman68 wrote:
FranFlower wrote:
Oh Moz, that was a great version! No need to be so shy. And I would love to be able to play guitar like that.

Thank you...but you have that whole "good looking young chick with the cute accent" thing going for you...and damn...you can play guitar and sing too...I'm screwed...

Haha, what cute accent?! I'd give anything to get rid of my accent :P And I can absolutely not play guitar and/or sing ;)
You on the other hand are brilliant on guitar! Baah, I need someone to teach me..

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Sun 13 Jan, 2008 7:06 PM Quote
bara wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:
bara wrote:
can someone just tell me whats happening here? Think I missed it.
Whats about this friend-song-thing?

Fran posted the lyrics to his new song "Friends" in his blog. Someone got the idea of writing their own music to go along with it. Fran liked the idea and asked people to make their own versions and post them so we could all hear.

ah thx .sounds cool. .. frans got a blog? link please?!

*sighs* It's more like Fran had a blog, it's not been very active recently.

jesusaremus
jesusaremus Posted Sun 13 Jan, 2008 10:21 PM Quote
Fran wrote:
WOW...7!!! Elodie fantastic...Mozman brilliant... All these different versions...I was thinking it would be scary if someone posted the same version as me... !
Not yet though :)

What would you do if someone post a very similar version? i mean after of being shocked, it's interesting, would you keep the same version or make another one?

spid
spid Posted Sun 13 Jan, 2008 10:59 PM Quote
great mozman - best yet!

ashleyb
ashleyb Posted Mon 14 Jan, 2008 12:48 AM Quote
Finally got around to listening to all the different versions. What talented boardies!

minsidesoutside_lds
minsidesoutside_lds Posted Mon 14 Jan, 2008 1:28 AM Quote
Fran wrote:
WOW...7!!! Elodie fantastic...Mozman brilliant... All these different versions...I was thinking it would be scary if someone posted the same version as me... !
Not yet though :)

jajaja! imagine that...XD

Yulia Nox
Yulia Nox Posted Mon 14 Jan, 2008 2:31 AM Quote
mozman68 wrote:

Great!!!
woow
so much talent around here xD!

scummy
scummy Posted Mon 14 Jan, 2008 3:30 AM Quote
hey moz, your version made me cry, really :(
it sounds beautiful, thank you :)

mozman68
mozman68 Posted Mon 14 Jan, 2008 3:58 AM Quote
scummy wrote:

I've been inspired...my next song will be called "Scummy"....or...maybe not.. ; )

Seriously...I've felt (probably like many others here) that I've always had a bunch of songs up in my head waiting to be written down and recorded....no time like the present to get started.

Although it won't be as easy as just getting a few chords together based on incredible words by Fran...I think I can get a few out now that I've crossed that line of no return by actually recording something that other people can listen to.

I may have a Mac on my wish list when I get my bonus next month so I can start getting some stuff recorded. The notepad is coming on my trip to PA tomorrow...no place better than the plane to start writing out some lyrics.

I still think there are some more versions of this song out there...please get them recorded and post on this thread so we can share with the world.....

...and wouldn't this make a great Travisonline contest?? Write a song to Fran's lyrics and have Travis choose the best one for some free concert tickets or something??

scummy
scummy Posted Mon 14 Jan, 2008 4:13 AM Quote
mozman68 wrote:
scummy wrote:

I've been inspired...my next song will be called "Scummy"....or...maybe not.. ; )

Seriously...I've felt (probably like many others here) that I've always had a bunch of songs up in my head waiting to be written down and recorded....no time like the present to get started.

Although it won't be as easy as just getting a few chords together based on incredible words by Fran...I think I can get a few out now that I've crossed that line of no return by actually recording something that other people can listen to.

I may have a Mac on my wish list when I get my bonus next month so I can start getting some stuff recorded. The notepad is coming on my trip to PA tomorrow...no place better than the plane to start writing out some lyrics.

I still think there are some more versions of this song out there...please get them recorded and post on this thread so we can share with the world.....

...and wouldn't this make a great Travisonline contest?? Write a song to Fran's lyrics and have Travis choose the best one for some free concert tickets or something??

yeah, I don't think it's a good idea, but thanks anyway :P

this days I've been feeling the same way, specially with this song, even though the lyrics are kind of sad, every time I pick up my guitar I start playing something happy, don't know why. I've been working on my own version, I don't think it sounds quite Travis, but it definitely sounds happy, you know, this boy treated her so bad, but she doesn't feel that bad about it. That is my vision, can't help it

the contest idea sounds great btw, it includes plane tickets? :P

mozman68
mozman68 Posted Mon 14 Jan, 2008 4:35 AM Quote
scummy wrote:
mozman68 wrote:
scummy wrote:

yeah, I don't think it's a good idea, but thanks anyway :P

this days I've been feeling the same way, specially with this song, even though the lyrics are kind of sad, every time I pick up my guitar I start playing something happy, don't know why. I've been working on my own version, I don't think it sounds quite Travis, but it definitely sounds happy, you know, this boy treated her so bad, but she doesn't feel that bad about it. That is my vision, can't help it

the contest idea sounds great btw, it includes plane tickets? :P

Of course...no expense will be spared...especially when Travis is paying the bills...

paul_c
paul_c Posted Mon 14 Jan, 2008 2:13 PM Quote
I'm hopefully going to be doing mine later today, so it should be up on youtube by this evening- tomorrow at the latest :)

Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Mon 14 Jan, 2008 2:40 PM Quote
Just want to say that the link to my version 'expires' after a week. :p So shouldn't be downloadable from there after tomorrow.

Instead, I've put it up on my music myspace page. http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x66/Jearoon2/Smilies/1-Smile.gif

Oh, and looking forward to hearing your version paul. http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x66/Jearoon2/Smilies/9-Grin2.gif

carlottarocks
carlottarocks Posted Mon 14 Jan, 2008 5:11 PM Quote
Great job Moz! Really, wow!

mozman68
mozman68 Posted Mon 14 Jan, 2008 10:12 PM Quote
Typing to Reach You's version is on the main page....haven't listened to it yet as I'm in a meeting...and my company blocks MySpace, but I'm sure it's as wonderful as the others!

Please submit as soon as you can before Fran's version is revealed next month!

Pages Previous 1...4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Times BST Current Time 5:51 PM