Travis

Re: The Official Friends Song Thread
mozman68
mozman68 Posted Sat 12 Jan, 2008 9:19 PM Quote
Updated with Elodie's version.

elodie
elodie Posted Sat 12 Jan, 2008 9:20 PM Quote
wow! thanks! I'm in the official thread now! lol ;)

mozman68
mozman68 Posted Sat 12 Jan, 2008 9:28 PM Quote
well..it wouldn't be official without it...great job...need to work on mine now (without completely embarrassing myself....)

scummy
scummy Posted Sat 12 Jan, 2008 9:33 PM Quote
I like elodie's version a lot! it's sort of the way I think the real 'friends' will sound like: happy :)

very nice girl ;)

elodie
elodie Posted Sat 12 Jan, 2008 9:47 PM Quote
scummy wrote:
I like elodie's version a lot! it's sort of the way I think the real 'friends' will sound like: happy :)

very nice girl ;)

wow! thanks a lot! :)

mozman68
mozman68 Posted Sat 12 Jan, 2008 9:52 PM Quote
Boy...it's coming to me fast...may have something up by tonight...easy when I'm inspired by everyone else's balls to put up their own...thanks!

FranFlower
FranFlower Posted Sat 12 Jan, 2008 10:16 PM Quote
mozman68 wrote:
Boy...it's coming to me fast...may have something up by tonight...easy when I'm inspired by everyone else's balls to put up their own...thanks!

Brilliant :) I like hearing what others can come up with. Mine came pretty quick as well. I brought the lyrics with me to bed the night Fran put them up, and I sorta went with the first chords that came to mind. Usually I end up with things already done, but I think I managed to stay fairly original this time. That beeing said, this was my first serious attempt on writing music. But it's definitely not my last :)

Now Paul, how are you doing? You're back with your guitars now, aren't you? I'm looking forward to your version :)

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Sat 12 Jan, 2008 10:20 PM Quote
mozman68 wrote:
well..it wouldn't be official without it...great job...need to work on mine now (without completely embarrassing myself....)

It'll be easier for me to put mine up if you DO embarrass yourself.

mozman68
mozman68 Posted Sat 12 Jan, 2008 10:21 PM Quote
Yeah...have never written a song in my life...and self taught on the guitar...but the chorus came to me in a flash...the verses were a little difficult....is 15 minutes long to write a song?? I don't want to change it now that I have my version in my head....oh well...tis done..now just to get the courage to record and post.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Sat 12 Jan, 2008 10:23 PM Quote
I'm trying to wait until everyone has left the house.

FranFlower
FranFlower Posted Sat 12 Jan, 2008 10:33 PM Quote
mozman68 wrote:
Yeah...have never written a song in my life...and self taught on the guitar...but the chorus came to me in a flash...the verses were a little difficult....is 15 minutes long to write a song?? I don't want to change it now that I have my version in my head....oh well...tis done..now just to get the courage to record and post.

I'm sure it's a perfectly alright song. Might very well be brilliant ;) Now record and post already! I promise to leave a nice comment no matter what, cause I love how everyone has picked up on my wee comment about trying to write music to "Friends". I never thought it would lead to this many posting their versions :)
I was super shy about putting myself on the internet, but it wasn't that bad. The ones who doesn't like your song probably won't comment anyway ;)

mozman68
mozman68 Posted Sun 13 Jan, 2008 4:16 AM Quote
Okay...it's uploading to YouTube now....

mozman68
mozman68 Posted Sun 13 Jan, 2008 4:30 AM Quote
Okay...it's up...go back to page one for all versions so far (and be kind...)

Nikki
Nikki Posted Sun 13 Jan, 2008 4:43 AM Quote
:O That's you Moz?! Wow! It's really good! You have a nice voice and you're really great on the geeetar. Nice job!

mozman68
mozman68 Posted Sun 13 Jan, 2008 4:45 AM Quote
Nikki wrote:
:O That's you Moz?! Wow! It's really good! You have a nice voice and you're really great on the geeetar. Nice job!

"Greatest guitar player in the world...self taught..no lessons (thank you very much, Pop!!)"

Sorry...had to throw a little Wedding Singer in there.

Wish I could record it on something other than my camera so it could sound better...I think I need to buy a Mac...

Pages Previous 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Times BST Current Time 8:07 PM