Travis

Re: The Official Friends Song Thread
mili
mili Posted Tue 22 Jan, 2008 8:56 PM Quote
Typing to Reach You wrote:
Could someone send me everday face's version pleeease...it seems to be getting good reviews. ^_~

Um, if you can, my email is jearoon@hotmail.co.uk

Check your mail. :)

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Tue 22 Jan, 2008 8:59 PM Quote
Now you have two. Woops.

mili
mili Posted Tue 22 Jan, 2008 9:00 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
Now you have two. Woops.

More the merrier!

Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Tue 22 Jan, 2008 9:21 PM Quote
Cheers for the track you two

Everyday face - really like it, well done. :)

Re: 'Friends', version 18, I believe!
heysupernova
heysupernova Posted Wed 23 Jan, 2008 1:34 AM Quote
everyday_face wrote:
Long time, no post. Wow. What a huge slice of genius this thread is!

Haven't had a chance to listen to them all, but there are some really good interpreations already. Nice of Michael Stipe to join in, too.

Anyways, seeing as I am incapable of writing uplifiting, cheery songs, and the lyrics were also quite poignant to something/someone in my own life right now (apart from the fact I'm not a girl!), I thought I'd have a go...

... I also thought I had the lyrics bang on, but reading them now, I changed a few things around without knowing. Ah, well, hope the sound quality is okay!? Keep up the good work people!

'Friends' by me!

So thank you Fran and the Travis board for gettin' me off my songwriting ass - this may even inspire me to set up my long talked about Myspace music page!

x

kinda late, but I really enjoyed your version!
so nice, thank youuuu

alyrtle
alyrtle Posted Wed 23 Jan, 2008 10:59 AM Quote
OMGOSH, SAMURAI SANDY, your voice is AMAZING!!! i love your version!! your voice reminds me of the sweet singers from the 60s or early 70s!
EDIT: wow, i can't stop listening! sounds so professional!

SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Wed 23 Jan, 2008 3:07 PM Quote
alyrtle wrote:
OMGOSH, SAMURAI SANDY, your voice is AMAZING!!! i love your version!! your voice reminds me of the sweet singers from the 60s or early 70s!

wow...thanks so much! it's weird...i don't sound the way i think i sound! in my head, it sounds one way, and then when my voice is recorded, it sounds completely different! (i like my voice in my head better :D)

thanks a lot!

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Wed 23 Jan, 2008 4:33 PM Quote
SamuraiSandy wrote:
alyrtle wrote:

wow...thanks so much! it's weird...i don't sound the way i think i sound! in my head, it sounds one way, and then when my voice is recorded, it sounds completely different! (i like my voice in my head better :D)

thanks a lot!

Putting on my scientist lab coat: It's because when you are singing or talking, you are hearing your voice conducted through the bones in your skull in addition to your actual ears. It will sound fuller and richer to you. Your voice will sound different to you when recorded and played back because you lose that "bone conduction." YES, that's a real audiology term, I didn't make it up.

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Wed 23 Jan, 2008 7:42 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
SamuraiSandy wrote:
alyrtle wrote:

thanks a lot!

Putting on my scientist lab coat: It's because when you are singing or talking, you are hearing your voice conducted through the bones in your skull in addition to your actual ears. It will sound fuller and richer to you. Your voice will sound different to you when recorded and played back because you lose that "bone conduction." YES, that's a real audiology term, I didn't make it up.

The same happens to me. Thanks for that info, Kayte!

mozman68
mozman68 Posted Thu 24 Jan, 2008 5:01 PM Quote
Gerbil Sandwich added to the first post....but not by me....nice one Fran!!

I had to have the wife play it to me over the phone since I can't see YouTube at work....I still think my version's better.... ; )

varz
varz Posted Thu 24 Jan, 2008 5:47 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:
SamuraiSandy wrote:
Okay...here it is! We waited until you all were already sleeping to post this :D

Here is mine and Tweezler's (Sara, my cousin) version of Friends. Hope you like it. We got help from her boyfriend, Dave, who I think made us sound a lot better than we do for real ;)

Samuraisandy & Tweezler's Version

:O Woooooooooow! Sandy! You have an incredible voice! It's brilliant! Great job girls!

I agree - your voice is amazing!

carlottarocks
carlottarocks Posted Thu 24 Jan, 2008 6:23 PM Quote
I would like to see gerbilsandwich and juan pedro do a version together. Both had wonderful outfits ;)

SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Thu 24 Jan, 2008 7:21 PM Quote
varz wrote:
Nikki wrote:
SamuraiSandy wrote:
Okay...here it is! We waited until you all were already sleeping to post this :D

Here is mine and Tweezler's (Sara, my cousin) version of Friends. Hope you like it. We got help from her boyfriend, Dave, who I think made us sound a lot better than we do for real ;)

Samuraisandy & Tweezler's Version

:O Woooooooooow! Sandy! You have an incredible voice! It's brilliant! Great job girls!

I agree - your voice is amazing!

aw, you're too nice! thank you!

mozman68
mozman68 Posted Fri 25 Jan, 2008 2:56 AM Quote
How dare this thread get so close to the bottom...btt

everyday_face
everyday_face Posted Fri 25 Jan, 2008 3:34 PM Quote
Oooh wowowow! Thank you all very muchly for the kind words and positive comments. Makes a boy feel warm inside.:)

Loved the hook in TTRY's (can still remember it now!), and the drop to the minor key in Turtlenecks was great. Sandy, you have a marvelouso voice and FranFlower, I really liked the melody in yours. Thanks for coming up with the idea. Are you Norwegian? D'you know The Lionheart Brothers? I think they're really good.

Anyhoo, yeah, this has been really good, and a great experiment which'll hopefully happen again some say. What a talented board we;ve got

Sam
x

Pages Previous 1...20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 Next All Times BST Current Time 2:09 AM