Travis

Re: About next month's setlist
Soulslug
Soulslug Posted Tue 08 Jan, 2008 10:21 PM Quote
10 songs! No way! That won't be enough to fill my Travis needs.

Eledh
Eledh Posted Tue 08 Jan, 2008 10:21 PM Quote
the boy with a cryptic name wrote:
Esteban wrote:
10 songs? That'd take less than an hour? Hope they'd play more than that =)

I think we're beginning to find out why the tickets were so cheap!

Speak for yourself. I bought the tickets on ebay and... I can tell you... It's not cheaper at all! :P

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Tue 08 Jan, 2008 11:15 PM Quote
10 new songs with a few oldies means about 15 at least i guess. They'll be great concerts and to hear 10 new songs from such a familiar band for us all would be a strange experience. I'm not going though. So wish i was. I feel like a right idiot for not getting tickets.

I just have to hope someone records them.

paul_c
paul_c Posted Wed 09 Jan, 2008 12:18 AM Quote
Baby Fran wrote:
I thought Fran said they will play about 10 songs, mainly new ones with a couple of old ones thrown in!

That sounds about right. In the shows before TBWNN came out they played Closer, Eyes Wide Open, My Eyes, Big Chair, Colder and Selfish Jean mixed in with older singles and album tracks. So i wouldn't expect a whole set of new songs. Travis gigs are about singalongs after all!

TALIA
TALIA Posted Wed 09 Jan, 2008 4:01 AM Quote
Soulslug wrote:
I was just wondering if they are going to play a mix of new and old stuff, or only the fresh ones?

"No old songs" that's what Fran told me about the February gigs when Travis came to Mexico last November...
Anyways, they could have changed of opinion... maybe they will play some classics as well

Here's the link to the video (it's a myspace video), I didn't take it but it was me he was talking to..
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=21957931

gladsadmad
gladsadmad Posted Wed 09 Jan, 2008 12:36 PM Quote
TALIA wrote:
Soulslug wrote:
I was just wondering if they are going to play a mix of new and old stuff, or only the fresh ones?

"No old songs" that's what Fran told me about the February gigs when Travis came to Mexico last November...
Anyways, they could have changed of opinion... maybe they will play some classics as well

Here's the link to the video (it's a myspace video), I didn't take it but it was me he was talking to..

Straight from the horses mouth. Wow. Looking forward to Portsmouth then with all new songs.

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Wed 09 Jan, 2008 12:54 PM Quote
neil young has done that , just played new songs . Husker Du use to play songs that never made it to their albums. Great idea I think

Soulslug
Soulslug Posted Wed 09 Jan, 2008 1:04 PM Quote
TALIA wrote:
Soulslug wrote:

Ha! Well there we have a clear evidence, thank you :)

Eledh
Eledh Posted Wed 09 Jan, 2008 1:06 PM Quote
Told you so :P
I didn't understood wrong, then! :P
*_* yay!

Esteban
Esteban Posted Wed 09 Jan, 2008 1:53 PM Quote
Here's hoping they have a change of heart. Don't get me wrong, I'll be more than glad to see them, but ten songs seems awfully short, if that's what it's planned to be. I don't think I've ever seen them play less than 20 songs.

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Wed 09 Jan, 2008 3:46 PM Quote
Esteban wrote:
Here's hoping they have a change of heart. Don't get me wrong, I'll be more than glad to see them, but ten songs seems awfully short, if that's what it's planned to be. I don't think I've ever seen them play less than 20 songs.

I think it's a silly idea. Glad i'm not going now then. New songs yes, but you have to mix it up a bit with classics to keep up the atmosphere.

paul_c
paul_c Posted Wed 09 Jan, 2008 5:52 PM Quote
Someone better be bootlegging these gigs!!

And i'm not surprised at the "no crew" comment. Fran was having a hell of a time with his new guitar tech at the Barrowlands

Esteban
Esteban Posted Wed 09 Jan, 2008 7:18 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
Esteban wrote:

I think it's a silly idea. Glad i'm not going now then. New songs yes, but you have to mix it up a bit with classics to keep up the atmosphere.

I'd love it to be that way too, but I'm still looking forward to it. It'll be different, for sure, but I'm reserving judgement.

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Wed 09 Jan, 2008 7:22 PM Quote
Esteban wrote:

I know what you mean - I expect it will be a good evening, but if there's no old songs, you just stand there with it all washing over you. Maybe if someone bootlegs the first gig, we'll know the songs by the last gig!

The support band had better be good!

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Wed 09 Jan, 2008 7:26 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
Esteban wrote:

Have to say I agree, but if that's what they want, I wouldn't want to stop them. It's their band, and they haven't done too badly so far!

Pages Previous 1 [2] 3 Next All Times BST Current Time 1:01 AM